41Willys

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '16 Kia Sorrento, '07 Toyota Tundra
Always
I agree. The 2 most powerful negotiating tools you can have is information and your feet. Tell them no and walk out.
I agree. The 2 most powerful negotiating tools you can have is information and your feet. Tell them no and walk out.
Always be willing to walk away. Bought my Tundra like that. Called me the next day to take my price. As long as it is reasonable most dealers will take it. If they don't, who cares? Like I told my sales guy, there are hundreds of these things within 100 miles. I will find someone who will sell me @ that price.

Give it a month or two and there will be hundreds of JT's around you as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rex3rd

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Always

Always be willing to walk away. Bought my Tundra like that. Called me the next day to take my price. As long as it is reasonable most dealers will take it. If they don't, who cares? Like I told my sales guy, there are hundreds of these things within 100 miles. I will find someone who will sell me @ that price.

Give it a month or two and there will be hundreds of JT's around you as well.
I was trying to purchase a used 2014 Ford escape titanium edition for my wife and after them getting all my info they rolled up in a brand new base model escape instead and said we couldn't afford payments and could afford this one didn't like the base because it didn't have all the bells and whistles we walked away and they called a day later and dropped the price so we could get it

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
If you think a Jeep is ONLY a mode of transportation, you are probably driving a Ford...oh wait - sorry.
LOL I sold my TJ Rubicon to pay for my upcoming wedding and my fiancé’s engagement ring. My previous tj Rubicon was more of a Jeep than your 4 door SUV ever will be ;) just my opinion of course, but my jeep collection goes back pretty far. I’ll have another very soon.

Hemi09

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Dodge Challenger R/T , 07Jeep Wrangler,2011 Ford F350, 2020 Gladiator Sport S
There are so many dealerships like this . I'm sure no one is surprised by this type of condescending rude behavior.

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
A good friend of mine is a GM at a Nissan/Chevy/Volvo dealer and I have bought 18 cars from him, no negotiations required, if they sold Jeeps I would have had a Gladiator weeks ago.

Sponsored

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
I love the buying experience. Maybe it was growing up with a dad that was constantly trading vehicles. I do follow a few simple rules though and I'm sure they are repetitive to what's already been discussed.

Be informed. I do all my research in advance. Trade values, prices that other consumers have gotten, dealership reviews, referrals, etc...

Be realistic. You may think your car is exceptional and "you know what you have". But in reality it's going to pull wholesale. You may also believe a huge discount is available, when in reality it just isn't. And that dealer that sells a lot of inventory at below invoice is guaranteed to wholesale your trade. You won't get retail for your car and buy at wholesale. That's not a model that works for them.

Be patient. I'm never in a hurry to buy. Ever. It took me almost two years to find my GT4 at the price I was willing to pay. It has taken me almost two years to commit to a truck.

Be willing to walk away. Don't let emotion dictate decision. Sales people want you to emotionally connect with what you're buying. If you find yourself in that state, walk away and revisit it later.

And never base your decision on monthly pricing. Just because you can afford the monthly payment doesn't mean it's a good deal. Negotiate vehicle price and trade value as separate transactions.

There are some great dealers out there. Some good ones. Some awful ones. If they have a second sticker with nonsense like tint and nitrogen, I already know I'm not engaging.

It is almost important to remember the consumer is always in control. We have so many choices. It's nothing to get annoyed over. I honestly explain up front what I want, what I'm willing to pay, and if we can make that work, deal. If not, no worries. I'll keep shopping.

NFRs2000NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
If you give it a little time, you will see these things sell for a SOLID 10K+ lower than sticker. These trucks don't appeal to MOST truck buyers. They mostly appeal to jeep fans. The v6 is meh (IMHO, a v6 in a truck is pretty useless unless it has 2 snails) the reliability of FCA products is, well, laughable, QC is appalling, so they will have lots filled with these as most buyers will pull the trigger on the tried and true trucks. Hell even here, you see lots of people going with RAMs instead of these. You can get a HEMI rebel for less than a gladiator loaded to the gills. And before anyone calls me a troll, Im a huge jeep fan, still have my 14 JKUR (waiting on the diesel) and am deciding between the JL or the JT.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
If you give it a little time, you will see these things sell for a SOLID 10K+ lower than sticker. These trucks don't appeal to MOST truck buyers. They mostly appeal to jeep fans. The v6 is meh (IMHO, a v6 in a truck is pretty useless unless it has 2 snails) the reliability of FCA products is, well, laughable, QC is appalling, so they will have lots filled with these as most buyers will pull the trigger on the tried and true trucks. Hell even here, you see lots of people going with RAMs instead of these. You can get a HEMI rebel for less than a gladiator loaded to the gills. And before anyone calls me a troll, Im a huge jeep fan, still have my 14 JKUR (waiting on the diesel) and am deciding between the JL or the JT.
I think that is fairly accurate

Golden747

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aev ram
So let me start this story by saying the dealership is Pell City Alabama mcsweeney. A week ago I saw they had a red gladiator Rubicon that was supposed to be there but when up there and was told it would be a week or so so I happened to see it online today and rushed up there. As soon as I got there I asked about a test drive and a rude ass salesman yells noooo it's for looks only. Doesn't bother to unlock the truck nothing... So I ask your selling this truck at MSRP like it says on your website right? He responds no we are going almost 5k over... And explained to me that this truck will be gone by 10pm tonight. I said wow that's pretty steep there's sweet deals in other locations for 7 to 5% under MSRP. Quickly says he don't believe me and that he would go right now to get this truck that low. Asked him if he has heard of the online Jeep gladiator forums and he said no he will have to look it up.....so ok no test drive in the gladiator so I just wanted a simple test drive in a Rubicon Jeep. They told me they were busy and needed license insurance that's cool ..then said I also had to go through a pre approval process before I could take a test drive. I know now I'll be going elsewhere. The first sticker is what was on it as soon as it came on the lot. The second one is the one they stuck on it literally 5 mins later. Worst experience ever

IMG_20190510_173710069.jpg
Man. That’s my hometown. So sad that they’re so close minded.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
I don't know if you are a troll or not, that said:

Don't look for $10,000 off MSRP anytime soon unless its a used one!

You are right, they don't appeal to most truck buyers they just appeal to Jeep Truck buyers that was the goal, not to try and sell you another Ram wannabe!

V6 is a decent engine for the modern Jeep owner, but the straight 6 is as good as it gets when you get serious about rocks!

Reliability and QC? Well I have owned more Jeeps that you have and starting in '89 everyone but one has been ordered and I have found them to be one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. In fact, the first Jeep I ever needed warranty service on was my '03 Rubicon, one of the first ones built, delivered in Aug of '02 and the rearview mirror Temp gauge would give a freeze alert on 100 degree days and right after I got it the driver side rear axle shaft broke due to a crack in the shaft, not my driving. My '89 had a sticking carb float, but that was it. I have NEVER had a Jeep not get me home and I have wheeled Jeeps from Fl to Wa, Maine to Mexico and 13 trips to Moab running nothing but 4+ rated trails...

You can buy a HEMI Rebel for less! Great, good on ya, enjoy the drive, I won't miss ya in Moab...

Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
here we go again... the truck argument . :headbang:
It's age old, every forum every few weeks it seems to break out, not sure why, but it seems to revolve around the fact that a Jeep is NOT a ___________ (fill in blank).

FACT JACK: let me know when your _________ (fill in blank) comes out with a Fold down windshield and removable doors then we got something to compare.

OP
OP
Rex3rd

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
It's age old, every forum every few weeks it seems to break out, not sure why, but it seems to revolve around the fact that a Jeep is NOT a ___________ (fill in blank).

FACT JACK: let me know when your _________ (fill in blank) comes out with a Fold down windshield and removable doors then we got something to compare.
But I want muh two door jt hemi !!! Lol just kidding . That's another one I see all the time as well

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair

On target. Time to regurgitate old arguments. It is what drives me away from car forums.