First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator SPORT (not a sport S). LIke many, I wanted to run 35s and looked at lifts, wheels, and other information that seemed conflicting or incomplete regarding what i needed and what i didnt need. Im making this post to answer if it can be done on STOCK wheels and no lift.

I currently have 3.73 gears on stock Willys 17x7.5 inch wheels. My Chamber Black Rhino wheels are still on backorder from December. (17x8.5 -18mm offset) I do minimal off roading with zero rock crawling.

Jeep Gladiator My Jeep Gladiator SPORT on 35s JEEPSTOCK
Jeep Gladiator My Jeep Gladiator SPORT on 35s JEEPSTOCK1
Jeep Gladiator My Jeep Gladiator SPORT on 35s JEEP35S
Jeep Gladiator My Jeep Gladiator SPORT on 35s JEEP35S1
Jeep Gladiator My Jeep Gladiator SPORT on 35s JEEP35S2

Can it be done, sure. Mine rubs under load full cocked to the left, Im pretty sure its the splash shield underneath the bumper.

Braking is considerably different as well as acceleration and passing power (this should be obvious) but nothing that makes me think i need to regear (yet) for what my pavement princess is used for. I was more surprised at how much heavier the Jeep feels under braking than anything else.

You need to remove the fender liner air dams (everyone knows this). I left them off. I have not trimmed them yet and i dont know if I will. I want a different bumper and the bumper i want does not have fog light covers like the factory bumper.

Tire size is 315/70R17 BFG ko2. They measure a little more than 34" inches, but that metric size crossed to a 35x12.50r17 and was cheaper.

My teraflex level kit is going on this weekend. I hope this write up finally answers all the 'do i need a lift and new wheels to run 35"s on my <insert Jeep trim>". If you're daily driving on pavement, no. Anything else you plan on doing, then yes, you need a lift.

I know Im late to the show, but im adding answers in this post i had to scavenge multiple posts for, plus i get to show off my pavement princess.
Sponsored