Sponsored

How successful would my Gladiator Sport be on the Rubicon Trail?

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Here are the requirement to attend the Jeep Jamboree group on the Rubicon Trails:
https://jeepjamboreeusa.com/trip/25th-rubicon-trail-2022/

All Jeep vehicles shall adhere to the following requirements for the Rubicon Trail Jeep Jamboree.

A minimum of 37” tires. (not to exceed 40”)
Front and rear lockers
Properly secured tow points
GMRS radios are required
Skid plates covering the gas tank, transfer case and rocker panels
Any Jeep Wrangler JK Model with a stock factory rear axle is required to install an upgraded rear cover and/or a rear glide plate. The following links show examples of the required equipment.
Rancho RockGEAR™ Rear Differential Glide Plate
Rancho RockGEAR™ Dana 44 Differential Cover
2022 Rubicon Trail Model Restrictions
Jeep vehicle models 1996 and older are not permitted to register for the Rubicon Trail Jeep Jamboree. Participants must have a Jeep Wrangler model year 1997 to present or a Jeep Gladiator model year 2020 to present in order to participate in the Rubicon Trail Jeep Jamboree.
The tire rule has been edited for this year, I believe. I remember reading a lot of the events last year and the only limitation was the 40" size, outside of specific mentions at multi-trail events like Moab.

I'm going to assume the trail has evolved with the fires and snow, and it's likely they want people to have more clearance to speed the group up.
Sponsored

India-ThreeZeroThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport, 1995 YJ Cummins R2.8
Occupation
Retired slug. Drive RVs to Alaska
A bone stock sport, add lockers, maybe a 2 in spacer lift, not a must, pthe fenders off and 37’s will do just as well and any off the dealer lot Rubi that will need the exact same prep on that trail.
Both of them will a)still receive some scrapes and dents and/or b) probably will need some winch or tow strapping use. Likely a bit of both.
In 10 years nobody will really give a crap between a Sports and a Rubi.
Sponsored