Sponsored

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
Very cool! If the Mojave was available when I ordered I would have gotten one instead of my Ruby. Love my jeep but that would suit my needs much better. Congrats!
Sponsored

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
I think this model SHOULD be more popular than a Rubicon. Unless you are rock crawling.
Too bad it doesn’t have the Hemi. That would make it a more viable desert vehicle.
Or towing- remember its derated to 6k. Was announced when I bought my Rubicon and thats what decided it for me.

Also you can upgrade the Rubicon shocks easier and for less money to make it similar to a Mojave as compared to adding a front locker, sway disco and t-case to make a Mojave a Rubicon.

Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Thanks for the info, MSG. My choice was for the Sport S but the Mojave is awfully tempting. I would definitely prefer it over the Rube because the Mojave does not come with a front locker. The first upgrade for me would be adding an Eaton Posi in the front and ditching the locker rear for the same Eaton mod. Lockers are one wheel wonders when not locked. Manual disconnects would be on the list. The Mojave has a stronger frame and knuckles. Different needs for different folks. Nice truck.

OP
OP
MSGEngineering

MSGEngineering

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mohave
Occupation
Engineer
Not bad at all. The tongue weight in my trailer is pretty low loaded (190lbs). And I do use a weight distribution hitch just because I have one but it’s prob overkill.

Sponsored

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Or towing- remember its derated to 6k. Was announced when I bought my Rubicon and thats what decided it for me.

Also you can upgrade the Rubicon shocks easier and for less money to make it similar to a Mojave as compared to adding a front locker, sway disco and t-case to make a Mojave a Rubicon.
But then you're missing the frame stiffening, knuckles, steering wheel, seats, and hydro bumps. Overall I think the Mojave is a fairly good deal.

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
But then you're missing the frame stiffening, knuckles, steering wheel, seats, and hydro bumps. Overall I think the Mojave is a fairly good deal.
True- the frame stiffening really makes you wonder... Im hoping thats only needed for hardcore dune blasting/ jumps.

Alot of this is probably dependent on where you live. Here in the northeast we dont have dunes, or alot of rock crawling either. The Rubicon front locker is very helpful in mud/ snow- which we do have alot of. The 6k tow rating was really the deal breaker for me on the mojave- I dont tow more than that often, but usually need it a few times each year. For me the Rubicon hit the sweet spot of truck utility and my off-road needs.

Great thing is that we can have this discussion-kudos to Jeep for offering different models for everyone’s individual needs!