First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
So didn’t find a better place to post this so here it is. Waiting for my JT to come in from Toledo. Started going through the owners manual because, impatience. So 2022 the 7” screen is now standard on all models, but a weird “quirk” I found is that unlike previous years when you uograded or had the 7” standard on higher models, you automatically got automatic and dual zone climate control (radio controls on the center stack). I ordered my JT as a complete base model with nothing but Sirius XM. I honestly prefer the simpler manual climate control, no radio controls center stack because it has no buttons. Then when I got my build sheet I saw that the 7” was standard not the 5”. Got kinda bummed, really wanted the simple center stack, but at least I get CarPlay and my wife will enjoy the dual zone climate control. Well I noticed Automatic climate control ease t on the build sheet. Then 2022 Wrangler became configurable online, and wouldn’t you know, 7” standard with no radio controls on the center stack. I added a picture from the owners manual, so y’all could see what I’m talking about. I’m not sure how to feel about this yet. Now the ONLY way to change volume is with the steering wheel controls, no way to mute, or to turn the screen off. Really weird choice by Jeep, but I guess I get my favorite center stack and CarPlay, so who am I to really complain.

E98EC61E-0C65-4810-862B-1F8BF85F8D3A.png
Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
I doubt it’ll actually show up like that. The manuals frequently don’t match reality, and are updated fairly often. They’re on version 4 or 5 of the 2021 manual.

OP
OP
IanNubbit

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
I doubt it’ll actually show up like that. The manuals frequently don’t match reality, and are updated fairly often. They’re on version 4 or 5 of the 2021 manual.
But I genuinely don’t have Automatic climate control. And the 2022 wranglers show the same thing

OP
OP
IanNubbit

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
Shown on a 2022 Wrangler Sport 4 door
00C2BAAA-547B-4F45-9771-3800B362DF83.png

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Again, you/we/anyone can't be sure until they see an actual vehicle in person. That image of the "Wrangler" is computer generated. There very well could be a new control cluster or new radio bezel that they just don't have a picture of yet. The odds of them releasing a vehicle without a physical volume and selection control for the radio is about 0, especially since the power button has to live somewhere.

Sponsored

BowlofSoup

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
So didn’t find a better place to post this so here it is. Waiting for my JT to come in from Toledo. Started going through the owners manual because, impatience. So 2022 the 7” screen is now standard on all models, but a weird “quirk” I found is that unlike previous years when you uograded or had the 7” standard on higher models, you automatically got automatic and dual zone climate control (radio controls on the center stack). I ordered my JT as a complete base model with nothing but Sirius XM. I honestly prefer the simpler manual climate control, no radio controls center stack because it has no buttons. Then when I got my build sheet I saw that the 7” was standard not the 5”. Got kinda bummed, really wanted the simple center stack, but at least I get CarPlay and my wife will enjoy the dual zone climate control. Well I noticed Automatic climate control ease t on the build sheet. Then 2022 Wrangler became configurable online, and wouldn’t you know, 7” standard with no radio controls on the center stack. I added a picture from the owners manual, so y’all could see what I’m talking about. I’m not sure how to feel about this yet. Now the ONLY way to change volume is with the steering wheel controls, no way to mute, or to turn the screen off. Really weird choice by Jeep, but I guess I get my favorite center stack and CarPlay, so who am I to really complain.

Jeep Gladiator MY22 Radio, weird quirk 00C2BAAA-547B-4F45-9771-3800B362DF83
Found these on Autotrader. They have some 22s with pics.

Screenshot_20211210-230026.jpg

Screenshot_20211210-230111.jpg

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
As I expected, a new center control panel.

There’s your answer OP!

Sunbeam63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I do agree with OP though, I like the simplicity of the 5inch screen and less buttons of the 2019-2021 sport gladiators. I also feel the 7in screen seems so imbalanced in that bezel.

OP
OP
IanNubbit

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
Just came here with my findings today too lol. It’s a weird hybrid mix between the simple and the loaded one🤷🏼‍♂️ Well like I said, I guess I’ll take the CarPlay for free, would have appreciated the dual zone, but one less actuator to break, and thank god no Auto A/C, those have so many issues
EFAF1273-5D0F-4EFF-AC4C-700D323E32CC.png
Sponsored