Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
To say with certainty these are not trackers would be naive. Everything is data driven including the domestic surveillance drones that collect our data every single night. Which was never supposed to happen and did in a matter of 2 years. Perhaps the Spartan website has some info.

I couldn't imagine going through life STILL thinking things as simple as data collection are still conspiracies.
I live in a "no fly drone zone. If it flies, it dies." Neighbors use them for target practice.
Sponsored

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I live in a "no fly drone zone. If it flies, it dies." Neighbors use them for target practice.
Wow! Lucky you. As for me, every time I look out the window there are usually 3 lined up hovering the entire neighborhood. I used to never close the blinds until this started happening. Also when I walk the dogs 4 miles a night, at least one will move closer. I am guessing they have sensors. Really sucks. I'm not sure if you are referring to play drones or what. These are not little play drones, these are aircraft sized military surveillance drones.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Wow! Lucky you. As for me, every time I look out the window there are usually 3 lined up hovering the entire neighborhood. I used to never close the blinds until this started happening. Also when I walk the dogs 4 miles a night, at least one will move closer. I am guessing they have sensors. Really sucks. I'm not sure if you are referring to play drones or what. These are not little play drones, these are aircraft sized military surveillance drones.
Where I live at. There are 2 housing projects about a half mile from me on either side. As you guess, drugs. There have been a couple of drones that have been blown out of the sky flying over the projects. It was to believe that this were police drones. Since that. No one flies drone around here.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I'm the kind of person who leaves location services on my phone turned on all the time, so I don't really care about tracking, per se. But I trust Google or whoever to have good data security more than a shady car dealer trying to upsell a knockoff LoJack. How many of things have the unique IDs stored in clear text or in a database with the password PASSWORD 1234? Do you want the sales manager's creepy nephew to be able to light up this "finder" and find your wife or daughter when she's driving her Jeep?

Plus, I didn't want a hacked up wiring harness.
I trust Google about as much as I trust those Nigerian Princes that keep emailing my junk folder…

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
The dealer tried to sell me one when i bought mine. We were like NO take it out. And they said But its already installed. UMM...nope take it out. HAHAHA took them like 5 min
Sponsored