Sponsored

Mystery wire passenger side, up in the rail under the trim...

johnh442

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, RAM 1500, Chevy SS
Occupation
Computer / Car Geek
So working on installing an upgraded sound bar, and after removing the trim on passenger side for power (sound bar has led lights that need power), I saw a connector with an orangish wire that's just double back and taped together, ie. it doesn't go anywhere. Wondering if that's somehow tied to Aux Switches (yes I know those are behind the glove box), or some other option (I have pretty much everything except front trail cam)?
I'll try to get pic.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The AUX Switch wires are a bundle of six taped to the main harness under the dash near the glove box. It can take a while to find them. Four wires are for the AUX Switches, and two are hot wires, one switched with the ignition and one always live.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So working on installing an upgraded sound bar, and after removing the trim on passenger side for power (sound bar has led lights that need power), I saw a connector with an orangish wire that's just double back and taped together, ie. it doesn't go anywhere. Wondering if that's somehow tied to Aux Switches (yes I know those are behind the glove box), or some other option (I have pretty much everything except front trail cam)?
I'll try to get pic.
I wonder where the wires for the charging of the BT speaker option terminate if you don't get that option?

The wires you mention won't be aux switch related, but if you don't have the optional bluetooth speaker - since that charges behind the right rear seat, I wonder where the wires for that would come from.

OP
OP
johnh442

johnh442

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computer / Car Geek
I do have the bluetooth speaker. Not sure what it is, I think going to just be safer going down B pillar to the AUX wires and leave that one be....

AzGladius

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave JT
Occupation
Electronics and stuff
I could have sworn I saw a thread conversation stating that Jeep places the Aux switch wiring termination in two places. Under the hood and inside the interior. I could be wrong.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I could have sworn I saw a thread conversation stating that Jeep places the Aux switch wiring termination in two places. Under the hood and inside the interior. I could be wrong.
Yes, but not back there. T
hey are next to the battery, between battery and fender (on gas engines)
and in the interior, they are by the front passenger footwell area, up by glovebox.
There is also two power wires besides the 4 aux switch wires there.
No aux switch wiring goes to the back (at least not up through 2023 MY)
So you move the right front seat back and start digging in the area behind and/or below the glove box, and for the engine bay, you look for them to be taped to the wiring harness between battery and fender (gas engine)

OP
OP
johnh442

johnh442

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computer / Car Geek
I found the ones in the passenger footwell. They are pretty much invisible in the taped bundle going across near where top of the carpet is... you have to get the stick, cheap black electrical tape off to get them.
Sponsored