First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
The OBD port usually has a 12v line that is live all the time. There are solar chargers available that plug into the OBD port. The trackers are intended to be live all the time.
So if you don't drive much during the pandemic like I do this is another thing that could kill your battery over time.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
So if you don't drive much during the pandemic like I do this is another thing that could kill your battery over time.
It is, but the draw is very low. If you have the 8.4" Uconnect, it's a greater draw, as it never shuts off. If the truck is going to sit for extended periods, I would suggest one of the low amperage trickle chargers. Get one with the quick connect you can route out through the grille, and you won't have to be opening the hood to connect it.

Renoraines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Mojave
Occupation
Oil and gas.
Probably shouldn't "go there" but the device DOES say "designed in California, made in China". That in itself is sort of spooky.
I opened it up and sort of wonder if others should just leave it in place and have some fun by pulling the fuse and putting the cap back on, or taking out the #0 screw and renoving the cover and popping the GPS chip out of it and closing it all back up.
This looks a little bulky to do this on, but buddy had some terrible child custody case and his ex bought his kid a gps cell watch to track, she claimed “communication“. Any who, wed strap it to my buddies ranch greyhound dogs collar. 100+ section ranch w some rabbit chasing greyhounds.
im sure that confused the f out of her.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I must have been confused. I didn’t find anything under the JT dash So I looked under my wife’s JL and found this contraption. What Is this? I’m going to start wearing a foil hat soon, big brother watching?

C9896BDE-2B7A-44C1-AD72-DEEDCC3BABFA.jpeg
Went to plug in SGW connector and found one of these. Except mine has a purple button.
Credit Union owns my truck so I got see about removing this.

Edit: this is part of a Karr alarm system. I didn't pay for it, but the dealership that my dealer got it from had it on their window sticker.

Last edited:

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
After reading, I just had to check mine.
Nothing on mine. :whew:

If it was there, I was going to hook it up to my riding mower.

My brother-in law found one on his new BMW, but it was hardwired direct to the battery, under the hood. He removed it when he came for a visit, but later reinstalled it as he found it in his buyer's agreement.

Sponsored

Alaskantinbender

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch edition
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Took the time to remove the Gps tracker in mine as well. It had a little blue light slowly flashing and a small call button stuck under the steering column. The light flashing at night caused me to start looking.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
Just yanked this out of mine. Glad it wasn't hard-wired in.

Jeep Gladiator What the heck is this mystery device? 20220131_163152

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
LMFAO at how sloppy that install is. These people are the WORST.
What else would you do? They are likely allowed 4 minutes and there's really nothing to do but strap it to anything and plug it into the OBD connector.
His is at least strapped to something metal, mine was just tucked up and strapped to a bundle of wires.

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Purchased my Gladiator from Gupton motors, no tracker in mine... Had there been I would have ripped it out in a heartbeat.
Sponsored