Sponsored

Need information on panel between fender and bumper

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
It's all problem solving. You have an analytical mind. You will be good. Read a lot and ask questions. Sometimes you just pay a shop. When I did my rock sliders, I knew that the body bolts "could" be a problem. It was $100 for the install. I felt cheesy for sure. I have done harder things, but if the bolts broke, not my problem. With my luck, I would have snapped a bolt. :like:

Thanks, and my experience with automotive isn't a lot. My dad who died in 2016 took care of my car issues, and I took care of his computer issues. We both thought it was a good trade. I can tell you that if I hadn't purchased that impact wrench, the job would have taken much longer. Those screws don't come out easily when you're turning a wrench by hand or even with a socket.
Sponsored

OP
OP
texanjeeper

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I blew the dust off of the dremel tool and started by trimming the left panel first. I had a circular cutting blade that blew out after about a minute - the circle that attaches to the stem literally pulled apart from the rest of the cutting blade. No kidding. That was the only blade I had, so I went to Lowes and bought a diamond cutting blade that cost freakin' $30 - but when I used it, I was able to finish the left panel. Tomorrow I will finish the right panel and then attach a grinding tool to smooth out the plastic in places it needs to be (I'm a little OCD). Then, I'll be ready to put them on. Here is what the left panel looks like now.

Jeep Gladiator Need information on panel between fender and bumper 20210728_164104

Jeep Gladiator Need information on panel between fender and bumper 20210728_164108

OP
OP
texanjeeper

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I finished it up. I think they look good, but the one on the left side (facing the truck from the front) needs a little cleaning up on the top, I'll smooth it out a little more with my shop knife but I can do that while it's on the truck. It occurred to me that I could probably buy these closure panels for $33 each, trim them down, and sell them for $60 each. Too bad my regular work and other hobbies don't really allow me any time to do that. I think I'll clean them as well, I didn't realize how dirty they were until I took the pic !

Jeep Gladiator Need information on panel between fender and bumper 20210729_115553

Jeep Gladiator Need information on panel between fender and bumper 20210729_115605
Sponsored