Sponsored

Can this stock piece between the fender and bumper be removed?

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
The cutouts won't fit your non-cutout bumper. The steel bumper itself is different. I know.......I ordered the cutouts, the piece between the grill and bumper (it has different sides) and it would not fit period. Why??? Why??? Would Jeep make 2 different steel bumpers that are behind the plastic cover????? Anyway, they won't fit.
Sponsored

JDB81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 JT Gladiator Gator Rubicon
Yep, first thing that came off mine, with the steel bumper the fog light wiring was slightly exposed anyway, 4 screws each side and gone.

9E425791-B74D-4F09-A163-4A3AB4BED6DA.jpeg
Same first thing I did was get it home and start removing all the nanny plastic. You could also remove the pointless number plate holder, it's just screwed into a plastic insert that's covering fairlead. Just screw the number plate back to that

Front end .jpg

JDB81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 JT Gladiator Gator Rubicon
With mad respect to my Aussie friends...Massive rugby player here...have yet to try Aussie Rules Footie...

I'm shocked there is not a Mad Max Edition. This thing feels made for dystopian adventures in the Outback.
100% but its hard with all our laws, its a struggle do anything and keep it legal. :(

Gumidaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet Silver Gladiator
Same first thing I did was get it home and start removing all the nanny plastic. You could also remove the pointless number plate holder, it's just screwed into a plastic insert that's covering fairlead. Just screw the number plate back to that

Front end .jpg
Yep, in the bin already :LOL:

OP
OP

TexasCajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone that comes across this in the future, i took a very thin and sharp blade and slowly cut the piece off so that my fog lights were still protected. It looks great.

Granted i only tried it because i ordered a new bumper to replace the stock one so if i messed up the stock it didnt matter.

Sponsored

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
For anyone that comes across this in the future, i took a very thin and sharp blade and slowly cut the piece off so that my fog lights were still protected. It looks great.

Granted i only tried it because i ordered a new bumper to replace the stock one so if i messed up the stock it didnt matter.
I trimmed mine with a standard utility knife and it went fine, just take your time and slowly cut in increments as opposed to going balls deep right away.
I did the same thing to mine, but I used a utility knife instead of a dremel then cleaned up the edges with a mill bastard file. I only spent about 30 minutes total on it, you could probably clean it up even better if you really wanted but from the front you can't even see them and it doesn't really bother me.

Jeep Gladiator Can this stock piece between the fender and bumper be removed? Front end

Jeep Gladiator Can this stock piece between the fender and bumper be removed? Front end

abandit

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU JT GSX1250
Occupation
Driver
With mad respect to my Aussie friends...Massive rugby player here...have yet to try Aussie Rules Footie...

I'm shocked there is not a Mad Max Edition. This thing feels made for dystopian adventures in the Outback.
This was the first part removed from mine when i got it home.
Sponsored