New diesel owner with 4 questions:

bsteg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold my JKUR and just got a JTR.
Occupation
Work
  1. What is that loud humming noise from the engine bay after I shut off the engine? (Almost sounds like a fan but its not)
  2. Sometimes if I just turn the ignition on and off in the garage, it is followed by a repetitive click/clock solenoid type sound from the underbody? (Almost sounds like a time bomb countdown)
  3. Why do I have two batteries?
  4. The air intake on the drivers side looks like its muffled when the hood closes, where does the air really come in?
Sponsored

bentrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
  1. What is that loud humming noise from the engine bay after I shut off the engine? (Almost sounds like a fan but its not)
  2. Sometimes if I just turn the ignition on and off in the garage, it is followed by a repetitive click/clock solenoid type sound from the underbody? (Almost sounds like a time bomb countdown)
  4. The air intake on the drivers side looks like its muffled when the hood closes, where does the air really come in?
1 - Exactly what it is I'm not sure.
2- I believe that's either or the turbo VGT vanes / exhaust brake valve actuating a cycle to keep carbon off the moving parts. Prevents sticking.
3- Diesel's have greater compression then the gas engine and require more cranking power to start them.
4- I haven't had a chance to follow that one down the rabbit hole.
We'll get all the answers together eventually!

Flmthwr65

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator rubicon
I have been looking at the air intake on my jt for 2 years wondering if i should open it up. I agree does not look like enough air is getting in. My wife has a grand cherokee and when i put the k and n air frilter in it you could feel a real difference, not the case in my jt. I really just want to start removing those rubber air baffles off so she can breathe.

SGME9

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, JLUR
Occupation
Retired US Army
1. Sound is pump removing water out of line back to DEF tank. I tells you in the owners manual
2. Unknown
3. You have two batteries due to ESS.
4. Good question.
Sponsored