Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
oops! sorry if i started a shitstorm!
...I haven't even had time to install yet... sorry guys, crazy life right now
Save your sorrys and get us some pics already :) We are counting on your unicorness to tell us about all the awesome!
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Are you not shipping in order you received orders? @ diode dynamics.
I'm guessing they have a contract with Amazon they have to fulfill, so those of us who gave them more money per unit (amazon takes a cut) are getting the shaft so they can maintain a relationship with their (assumedly largest) distributor.

Dealing in business contracts on a daily basis, I'd certainly be more willing to accept an explanation like that rather than the bone stock "sorry we're behind on production, and will work on getting you your product as soon as possible" line I'm getting fed. Because while the fact that they are behind certainly isn't a lie, it seems to be disproven that they are trying to get me my product as soon as possible.

I don't mind being lied to, unless I already know it's a lie as it comes out of your mouth.
If I discover a few months down the line someone wasn't telling the truth, congrats you got me. What i mind are the obvious lies. Being told production is the problem while I already know it's a prioritized distribution and my order is being skipped... ESPECIALLY considering i was a preorder and you're fulfilling non-pre orders first? It feels like Ford's handling of the Bronco in a smaller scale.

@Diode Dynamics I'd rather be told an ugly truth rather than a bad lie.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 / 2015 Mustang / 2016 Camaro
It's not the delay in shipping orders that concerns me... it's the absolute last second communication.

I pre-ordered 11/28 with the expectation that they ship in December. Then on December 29th (after working hours on the last full working day of the month) I'm advised you expect to ship my order in 2-3 weeks. Well, 3 weeks from December 29th is fast approaching, and i haven't heard boo yet. At this point my expectation is for you to tell me my order is delayed at the last possible minute.

Finding out that someone who ordered a month after me from Amazon got theirs before you've even shipped mine is not exactly giving me the warm and fuzzies either... seems you've internally placed a priority on some customers over others which doesn't sit well with me.
My feelings also. They’ve had my money since 11-22.
There were some mistakes made internally with the order of shipments that we are addressing. We will be shipping many orders out starting next week to fulfill all early preorders. We are truly sorry for the delay and appreciate your patience. We understand how frustrating is it when your order gets delayed. We promise they will be worth the wait!

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
@Diode Dynamics
Hey John, was there any cold weather testing on these (snow buildup , etc?) That's a concern I have with these in the northeast. Halogens and heated lenses don't have this issue. If this is an issue with your lights, do you have a solution coming out in the future? Thanks. Ps I already have your ss3 pro fogs ;)

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
@Diode Dynamics
Hey John, was there any cold weather testing on these (snow buildup , etc?) That's a concern I have with these in the northeast. Halogens and heated lenses don't have this issue. If this is an issue with your lights, do you have a solution coming out in the future? Thanks. Ps I already have your ss3 pro fogs ;)
Unfortunately, these lamps are not heated at this time. However, this request has been passed along to our engineering team! Sorry about that.

In the meantime, we hope you're loving our SS3 Pro fog lamps! :rock:

Sponsored

EddyArnold

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
I'm normally pretty good about calling vendors with issues.... BUT it's the weekend, my ish is torn apart and I want to make sure before I give up for the weekend if I don't know what I'm doing or I was sent the wrong harness. To make the headlights blink like turn signals there's a harness that goes back under the fenders (pita) and piggy backs the blinkers... I messed with it a bit too long until I looked and and I don't think they are compatible... can you guys take a look and make sure I'm not crazy?

This is what's under the fender/master cylinder
Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 1674347297559

and this is the piggy back side that should plug into it...
Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 1674347413938

but as you can see they can't line up because the plastic cutouts don't line up...

Soooo, am I not getting something right, or does look like I got the wrong connectors from @Diode Dynamics

Thanks for any help/opinions!

(I don't want to give Diode Dynamics any bad reviews but I'd like to try to get this figured out so I'll delete this post if I'm just dumb and don't know what I'm doing!)

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Are you 100% sure you're plugging in the correct plug of the piggyback harness into the fender light harness plug? Or are they maybe side (driver/passenger) specific?

EddyArnold

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
Are you 100% sure you're plugging in the correct plug of the piggyback harness into the fender light harness plug?
It's the only one I see near (and same size) where the instructions they sent say it should be... I do have a Diesel, so there's a small chance there's a different harness because of that, but I wouldn't think so...
but yeah I could be wrong... I'm an IT guy and only mess with cars for self inflicting pain :)

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm normally pretty good about calling vendors with issues.... BUT it's the weekend, my ish is torn apart and I want to make sure before I give up for the weekend if I don't know what I'm doing or I was sent the wrong harness. To make the headlights blink like turn signals there's a harness that goes back under the fenders (pita) and piggy backs the blinkers... I messed with it a bit too long until I looked and and I don't think they are compatible... can you guys take a look and make sure I'm not crazy?

This is what's under the fender/master cylinder
Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 1674347413938

and this is the piggy back side that should plug into it...

but as you can see they can't line up because the plastic cutouts don't line up...

Soooo, am I not getting something right, or does look like I got the wrong connectors from @Diode Dynamics

Thanks for any help/opinions!

(I don't want to give Diode Dynamics any bad reviews but I'd like to try to get this figured out so I'll delete this post if I'm just dumb and don't know what I'm doing!)
Good afternoon!

It appears that our customer service team has been in touch with your inquiry and currently working with our engineering team to review this.

Please, let me know if I can be of assistance, however, our customer service team is certified and here to help!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Hey all!

There are only minor differences in the connectors due to the fact that they are made by a different manufacturer.

However, they are still uniform standard connectors and still connect the same way. They may look slightly different but they are the same pin and key orientation as the OEM connector according to our engineering team and customer service team!