Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to share a product I figured others could maybe find as useful as I have. First off, I just want to say that I am in no way shape affiliated with the company. I just want to share a cool product from a independent company which I had a great experience with especially from a communication and customer service standpoint. Besides it being a cool and convenient design idea.

@MitchSpecial has these water bottle holders primarily for Yetis of various sizes. They mount at any location along your roll bar (driver or any passenger seat front or back) or even the passenger side dash grab handle area above the glove box. I initially wanted one for the passenger side grab handle area but ended up also getting one for the driver side roll bar above my head. I reached out initially to inquire about a specific smaller size which wasn't listed on the site, since I have a pretty narrow 18oz Yeti. Mitch, got back to me in less than an hour and after a few pictures, even verified my size Yeti since for whatever reason the size isn't printed on the bottom of mine and since it was gifted to me, I wasn't initially sure of the exact size. Speedy shipping as well.

Although my 18oz Yeti does fit in the normal cup holders in the center, I hated having it there because it put excess pressure on the the little pressure points inside of the cup holder that hold your drink in place. Especially since I tend to keep it in there for extended periods. With other more common sized Yetis even bigger than mine, those obviously don't fit in that location at all. So to conveniently have it above your head and out of the way or be able to reach across to the dash grab handle and grab it is nice. Or to just have one there for any of your passengers is a plus.

The design is very durable and literally takes less than a minute to install. The mounting surface is specifically made for the roll bar or dash grab handle shape and attached through slotted holes along the back side with two zip ties. It snaps in tight and is secure enough to stay put even on the trails.

JK, JL/JT Designs

Check them out on www.mitchspecial.com or on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mitchspecial/

Jeep Gladiator New Interior Product: Holder for Water Bottles 2C9B24A2-4288-4042-B1BE-BB1AA3CF0F66

Jeep Gladiator New Interior Product: Holder for Water Bottles 6A6FDC9F-58CF-4490-8BA5-B221070AD97B

Jeep Gladiator New Interior Product: Holder for Water Bottles 5D1131BB-D0B3-4963-B237-019EA756426C

Jeep Gladiator New Interior Product: Holder for Water Bottles 451CC70B-0DAD-47DB-B955-AFB116208C31

Jeep Gladiator New Interior Product: Holder for Water Bottles 9CA775B0-2D53-4022-A31C-2D321EBCAFDF

Jeep Gladiator New Interior Product: Holder for Water Bottles F7524EE0-FD05-4912-A723-E5B29D260B86

Jeep Gladiator New Interior Product: Holder for Water Bottles 5B063746-582F-436C-AB62-9C0C0FA059E4
Sponsored

Last edited:

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Cool idea except the one over the glove box would make me nervous should the airbag ever go off.

Also, in my experience 3D printed parts get brittle as they age So it would plan on these breaking as they get older, especially this design with it being snapped and stressed over another part. Yes, some materials are better than others, but they all seem to get brittle just at a different rate.

That being said, I wish Jeep would incorporate a t-slot design like what Ford did in the Maverick so folks could design whatever attachments they wanted.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Curious on the holding strength of these. Typically to make them easy enough for the user to get the bottle out, there's a sacrifice in tightness of fit. My first thought on this one was hitting a bump and having a metal water bottle bonk me on my head as I'm driving. With it full of water, I could see it having enough inertia to break free on its own with a decent jolt.

If they are tight enough to hold over any significant bumps, it would probably be tighter than you'd want for easy access. A bit of a Catch-22. Would need to see these in person or have some kind of no-questions return policy to actually try them out to get comfortable with the reliability.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Curious on the holding strength of these. Typically to make them easy enough for the user to get the bottle out, there's a sacrifice in tightness of fit. My first thought on this one was hitting a bump and having a metal water bottle bonk me on my head as I'm driving. With it full of water, I could see it having enough inertia to break free on its own with a decent jolt.

If they are tight enough to hold over any significant bumps, it would probably be tighter than you'd want for easy access. A bit of a Catch-22. Would need to see these in person or have some kind of no-questions return policy to actually try them out to get comfortable with the reliability.
It snaps in pretty good. It's not coming out either unless you want it to come out.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Love the outside of the box thinking and doing!

Maglight holders?????

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase

You can hear the force in the snap. Not super hard but it's solid. Not a pain to get out especially if you pull at an angle. As far as them lasting long. I'm sure @MitchSpecial could answer that more in depth than I could since I know nothing of 3D printing. But I see these being pretty durable. And for the use I'd get out of it, even if I did buy another later down the road, I'm fine with it. But we'll see in the meantime.

See videos below

Last edited:

MitchSpecial

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Sport 2dr, 2016 Wrangler Willys 2dr
Occupation
OEM Systems Engineer
Cool idea except the one over the glove box would make me nervous should the airbag ever go off.

Also, in my experience 3D printed parts get brittle as they age So it would plan on these breaking as they get older, especially this design with it being snapped and stressed over another part. Yes, some materials are better than others, but they all seem to get brittle just at a different rate.

That being said, I wish Jeep would incorporate a t-slot design like what Ford did in the Maverick so folks could design whatever attachments they wanted.
Due to the plastic we use and the geometry of the part, it has an indefinite life span when used within it's limits. There is no fatigue on the part from physical use. Extreme heat/ cold (over 150F or below -40F) or use with the wrong size water bottle would be the only thing that causes failure. Similarly to any manufacturing process there is a small percentage of failure, when you clamp it in, it suddenly feels loose. Those holders we immediately advise against using and send a new part out same day/ next day. That has never happened in the middle of a drive, the few customers that had a bad one could tell right when they put in their water bottle. We have since redesigned them and never had it happen again.

MitchSpecial

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Sport 2dr, 2016 Wrangler Willys 2dr
Occupation
OEM Systems Engineer

They will not come out on their own, under any conditions your vehicle would see with the passengers remaining unharmed. They are definitely manageable to put in and out with your arm strength though. We offer two different versions, our "On-road" which would be more comfortable for daily use/ women/ less impactful events. Our "Off-road" version has twice the amount of hold, and would be perfect for the people who are skeptical of the impacts their Jeep might see. We use them frequently for off-roading with ATV's, RZR, and other UTVs driven by professional drivers seeing the highest impacts our sport provides without issue.

Unfortunately our return policy does not rival conglomerates with unlimited spending at their disposal. The policy is "customer pays return shipping, and we retain a 15% restocking fee". So 85% of the purchase price will be refunded at the receipt of the return.

There are about 11 people in your geographic area/ city that you could probably make a local post and find someone to meet up with to see one in person. They are all an older design though since we rolled out new models this January.
Sponsored