NEW: Oculus Bi-LED Switchback Version

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
There is no way I'll remove fenders for these. So I hope you are just doing that for ease of access. I think liners should be fine.
Sorry just meant the fender liners. Looks like just undoing the tab and the bolts then removing the fender liner and inner liner all in on piece might be easiest but that is just on quick look see. The instructions mentioned you can access the drivers side via the engine bay so will look see if that might work but the passenger side will be different. If you get to yours before I do let me know what you find out. It will likely be next weekend before I get to mine as I didn't get to them today
Sponsored

NZRub

First Name
Boby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LandCruiser, Hilux & eyeing for JT '22 (maybe)
Occupation
Metal Guy
I'm ready to pull trigger on this headlight but still waiting for Reverse + Brake light to turn up,
want to make sure I'm happy with them before commit myself to another Oracle product.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I am about ready to make a return on these. Not because they are bad but because the install is way too complicated for the average joe. Drivers side liner lowered enough to access and reach hand down to grab wire to run, luckily I never went further than that as on the passenger side it looks as though its very difficult to get the wire up to get to the actual headlight. Like its below the battery, bunch of hard plastic blocking that area, no room to access without removing the air intake which I won't do even if it may be easy. These puppies still in box with plastic to make sure no issues from these people.

Perhaps someone can enlighten me on how to grab the wire from the harness up to reach the headlight on the passenger side?
Thanks for the update. I would like a bit more from Oracle on the process cause I sure as hell don't really want to have to pull off a bunch of stuff to install these things. If it ends up being the case might be sending back also and exchanging for the regular DRL's that don't appear to have to dismantle the truck to connect them. I'm not a wrench jockey and have a bad arm so limited to what I will deal with. I'm going to dig more into it this long weekend where I have some protection from the weather.

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
I am about ready to make a return on these. Not because they are bad but because the install is way too complicated for the average joe. Drivers side liner lowered enough to access and reach hand down to grab wire to run, luckily I never went further than that as on the passenger side it looks as though its very difficult to get the wire up to get to the actual headlight. Like its below the battery, bunch of hard plastic blocking that area, no room to access without removing the air intake which I won't do even if it may be easy. These puppies still in box with plastic to make sure no issues from these people.

Perhaps someone can enlighten me on how to grab the wire from the harness up to reach the headlight on the passenger side?
Thanks for the update. I would like a bit more from Oracle on the process cause I sure as hell don't really want to have to pull off a bunch of stuff to install these things. If it ends up being the case might be sending back also and exchanging for the regular DRL's that don't appear to have to dismantle the truck to connect them. I'm not a wrench jockey and have a bad arm so limited to what I will deal with. I'm going to dig more into it this long weekend where I have some protection from the weather.
Hey Guys,

You can get to the fender harness on the driver side without pulling down the liner. However, on the passenger side, you do need to pull down the fender liner atleast partially to get to the harness.

You should be able to pull the cable right up through on both sides

Hope that helps!

Reactions: BAT

wrangler311

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Anyone else get an email regarding the harness not working as intended for the halos?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Hello, and thank you for your purchase with ORACLE Lighting. We are writing to inform you that the harness for the Oculus switchback headlight is not operating as intended. We are currently working to make necessary adjustments and ship a new one to you as soon as possible.

Despite this, you are still able to install the headlight without wiring in the halo and turn signal. Once the new harness has arrived, you will be able to add this to complete the full installation.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we are taking extra precautions to ensure that the new harness works well to provide a seamless install and function. Once we have an update on the ETA of the harness, we will provide this to you directly via email. Thank you for your patience, and please let us know if you have any questions we can answer.

Hydrobluedaytona

First Name
Sondre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Lol, I just finished up installing the headlights, and Iā€™ve tried all sorts of settings on the JScan to try to get the halos/switchbacks to work. Eventually gave up, and turned to google. Found this tread, and indeed the email from Oracle. Lesson learned, not all emails following a purchase is worthless spam! šŸ˜‚

Looking forward to receiving the new harness! Not so much to removing the liners and cable ties againā€¦

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Lol, I just finished up installing the headlights, and Iā€™ve tried all sorts of settings on the JScan to try to get the halos/switchbacks to work. Eventually gave up, and turned to google. Found this tread, and indeed the email from Oracle. Lesson learned, not all emails following a purchase is worthless spam! šŸ˜‚

Looking forward to receiving the new harness! Not so much to removing the liners and cable ties againā€¦
Hey Sondre, glad you stumbled on this then! You can always give our team a call at 1-800-407-5776 if you are having trouble with something; we'd always be happy to assist. I agree, spam is the worst so we try to only provide necessary, relevant emails before and after purchase as well!

Feel free to reach out if you run into any questions before the harness arrives or if you need help once it is in.

-Rachel

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon

Have any pics of the headlights installed? How the light output? Thinking of removing the LED package from my order and just getting these and the slim taillights when they arrive instead. Thanks

Sponsored

Hydrobluedaytona

First Name
Sondre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have any pics of the headlights installed? How the light output? Thinking of removing the LED package from my order and just getting these and the slim taillights when they arrive instead. Thanks
Just installed the new harness, light output is good, I havenā€™t tried the Mopar LEDā€™s but these (naturally) blows the halogen headlights out of the water. Now, the led switchbacks does not seem to play nice with the halogen bulbs in the fenders, so everything just started freaking out after a few seconds with hazards on. I havenā€™t played around with the J-scan yet, since I have a set of Morimoto XB fender lights that are going in next, to complete the front LED conversion.

Edit: Installed the Morimoto XBā€™s and everything is working as it should! I can confidently, fully recommend these headlights, with the caveat that you have led lights/bulbs in the fender lights. Now, I just have to wait for @ORACLElights to release the tail lights! šŸ˜Ž Added a pic with the Morimotos installed, for good measure.

Jeep Gladiator NEW: Oculus Bi-LED Switchback Version 6BED0A03-56E9-4216-B8D1-0F7D36FA697D
Jeep Gladiator NEW: Oculus Bi-LED Switchback Version E1821A7C-406F-483F-949B-986BB94175CB
Jeep Gladiator NEW: Oculus Bi-LED Switchback Version 307A7D5B-03CD-4906-8434-636EF4D86332

Jeep Gladiator NEW: Oculus Bi-LED Switchback Version 5BF138D9-61F7-4E25-93CE-7783B177F7C1

Last edited:

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
Just installed the new harness, light output is good, I havenā€™t tried the Mopar LEDā€™s but these (naturally) blows the halogen headlights out of the water. Now, the led switchbacks does not seem to play nice with the halogen bulbs in the fenders, so everything just started freaking out after a few seconds with hazards on. I havenā€™t played around with the J-scan yet, since I have a set of Morimoto XB fender lights that are going in next, to complete the front LED conversion.

Edit: Installed the Morimoto XBā€™s and everything is working as it should! I can confidently, fully recommend these headlights, with the caveat that you have led lights/bulbs in the fender lights. Now, I just have to wait for @ORACLElights to release the tail lights! šŸ˜Ž Added a pic with the Morimotos installed, for good measure.

Jeep Gladiator NEW: Oculus Bi-LED Switchback Version 5BF138D9-61F7-4E25-93CE-7783B177F7C1

For the fender turn signals / drl it appears that you swapped out the factory halogen complete housings for LED housings. How much trouble? Where did you get the parts?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: BAT

Ovi1

First Name
Ovidio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP Gladiator 2021 Overland
Occupation
Supervisor

Great look!!

Hydrobluedaytona

First Name
Sondre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the fender turn signals / drl it appears that you swapped out the factory halogen complete housings for LED housings. How much trouble? Where did you get the parts?

Thanks in advance!
I don't want to hi-jack this tread, so I'll send you a DM!

redman43

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Sport S MaxTow White
@ORACLElights
I just installed these the other day and I now have no drl/turns in the fenders and halos in the headlights. Same outcome in all headlight switch settings. Iā€™ve installed led bulbs in the drl and turn signals in case that was it, but no change.

I see some people above mentioning a slightly different harness because it wasnā€™t working quite right. How do I find out if thatā€™s my problem?

I didnā€™t buy them directly from you guys, I bought them from Summit Racing a little over a week ago, but I have no idea how long they have been in their inventory.

On the plus side, these look great and will only get better after this gets sorted out.
Sponsored