Sponsored

Oracle Oculus Bi LED Headlight replacements?

STL Gladiator

First Name
Horace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow - traded, 2021 JT Rubicon
i know these just came out but what’s the verdict on Oracles products?
What do you guys think about the 9” Oculus Bi LED headlight replacements. These are made specifically for JL and JT.

They do seem to be pretty proud of them at $589 bucks.

Are folks satisfied with the usual LED conversion? Let me know what you think.

CC65112D-CB90-4435-8EF2-01812B2987DA.png

4C51FF66-AA6B-4A8A-B725-63DB5C6D2FBE.png
Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Look pretty dam good to me....

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are they out? What's the feedback?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur

Sponsored

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
If I’m gonna go bi-led I’d rather go with hella for OEM quality.

https://www.rallylights.com/sm6024blb-hella-90mm-bi-led-high-low-headlamp-kit-for-7-sealed-beam.html

Or the full halogen replacement

https://www.rallylights.com/sm6024b...gh-low-headlamp-kit-for-jeep-jk-wrangler.html

All you’d need is the 9 to 7 conversion from q’tec and bobs your uncle.
Are either of those options so much better than the stock LED’s that they justify costing essentially the same...or even twice as much?

Last edited:

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I leave that up to you. There is also a halogen or hid option for the bold. To me it’s worth the money for known quality,I’ve seen too many aftermarket led lamps with diodes that have failed, ground fault flicker and water infiltration etc. the hella units are designed and built to a rigorous standard that is just not matched by the others.

But the the ultimate decision is up to you.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's my deal....and I think a lot of others ....they just don't look very good compared to the factory LED's ....like beady eyes ...or maybe it's just me

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Lighting is so complicated and covered better elsewhere. In short, much of the advertised specs don't matter. The optics themselves are important. Also side issues/benefits like cooling... HID in cold weather keep the housing free of ice, LED may need heated housings. etc. then there are looks! and that is an open discussion!

OP
OP
STL Gladiator

STL Gladiator

First Name
Horace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I’m gonna go bi-led I’d rather go with hella for OEM quality.

https://www.rallylights.com/sm6024blb-hella-90mm-bi-led-high-low-headlamp-kit-for-7-sealed-beam.html

Or the full halogen replacement

https://www.rallylights.com/sm6024b...gh-low-headlamp-kit-for-jeep-jk-wrangler.html

All you’d need is the 9 to 7 conversion from q’tec and bobs your uncle.
The first of Hellas look horrid buts looks are subjective. The second set you presented (JK) look decent but I think using a 7” adapter ring is so janky...and still paying OEM prices for either has me confused.

I would rather spend the 800 for Mopar/Jeep LEDs then go with those Hellas...but to each his own.

Sponsored

OP
OP
STL Gladiator

STL Gladiator

First Name
Horace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I leave that up to you. There is also a halogen or hid option for the bold. To me it’s worth the money for known quality,I’ve seen too many aftermarket led lamps with diodes that have failed, ground fault flicker and water infiltration etc. the hella units are designed and built to a rigorous standard that is just not matched by the others.

But the the ultimate decision is up to you.
I agree about the half ass LED headlights out there, can you chime when you get your Hellas?

Which ones you plan on getting?

OP
OP
STL Gladiator

STL Gladiator

First Name
Horace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's my deal....and I think a lot of others ....they just don't look very good compared to the factory LED's ....like beady eyes ...or maybe it's just me
I think I know what you’re saying. The oem lights kind of diffused that beady look with the silver oval in center. I am reluctant on all fronts because of questionable reliability vs investment.

Hella high cost - great reliability
Oem high cost - great reliability
Oracle high cost - ????? ?????
HR super nova low cost - good reliability
Other aftermarket 7” med/low cost - avg/low reliability

Looks are second...but important too!

On the fence I am. Rant over.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I’ll be honest about the 90mm pods, I do t really like their look when used that way. You often see these same lights on motor coaches, a hi/lot and dedicated high, an old school 4 lamp setup and they look decent and work great.

I myself converted my jk to the hella super 7 which work amazing. I would contemplate doing the same with a JT but it’s very application specific. I’d be very interested in putting in a set of H4 LED and doing some comparison.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Aside from the cost itself, the factory LED’s “unlock” the ability to order other things (or maybe just the trail cam, but I’m not in the mood to double check).

I bought the first set of aftermarket LED’s available for under $300 several years ago for my JK...prior to the flood of options that hit the market, and prior to any sort of factory option. They’ve worked well for me. Well enough that I just assumed I’d get some Amazon replacements for the truck. Then, I heard more about the slide in build quality, the need for an adapter, etc. IF I end up ordering without the factory LEDs, I’ll try the bulb replacement options, but we’ll see. I’ve had LED bulbs literally fall apart in my old fog light housings.
Sponsored