Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The kit has adpter pigtails to plug in to your stock fog light connector. If you have DT tools no biggie.
My truck is all LED so no changes there. I noticed the fogs that came with the steel bumper also had adapters but I moved by stock factory LED fogs over to the steel bumper.
If they come with the pigtail adapters, all is cool.
I WISH I had some good terminal tools......... my stuff is all old-school, before the 1990s.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
These guys are fast. Package arrived today.
My wife saw me open the box and asked "is that your Christmas present". Yeah, thanks!
It's getting COLDER here so likely won't get them installed right away, and the steel bumper makes it a tad more time-consuming but looking these over, the quality is impressive.
Hope they look as good when lit up as they do looking them over and attaching the brackets.
Since my steel bumper came with adapters to allow use of the stock Overland fog lights with the steel bumper, I didn't need the brackets.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 / 2015 Mustang / 2016 Camaro
These guys are fast. Package arrived today.
My wife saw me open the box and asked "is that your Christmas present". Yeah, thanks!
It's getting COLDER here so likely won't get them installed right away, and the steel bumper makes it a tad more time-consuming but looking these over, the quality is impressive.
Hope they look as good when lit up as they do looking them over and attaching the brackets.
Since my steel bumper came with adapters to allow use of the stock Overland fog lights with the steel bumper, I didn't need the brackets.
We'll be sure to inform our shipping team of the great job they've been doing during the holiday season!

Thank you for the positive feedback and support, Bill.

You're going to love our SS3 LED fog light kit and cannot wait to see them installed on your Gladiator!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Jut60

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Snazzberry Mojave
Maybe a silly question, but just wanted to confirm the sticker on the bottom of the light plug will say sport, pro, or max? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a silly question, but just wanted to confirm the sticker on the bottom of the light plug will say sport, pro, or max? Thanks in advance.
That is correct!

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Bad angle, I know, but that's part of an O and the R and T of SPORT on mine.
I have it in the Overland plastic bumper bracket in this picture which sort of obscures the label.

Jeep Gladiator NEW! SS3 LED Pods for Jeep Gladiators! | Diode Dynamics 1641571693225

Last edited:

Jut60

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Snazzberry Mojave
Thank you both for the confirmation!

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
So I purchased a set of the ss3 pods fogs since I have I have the arb stubby bumper and no longer have fog light holes in the bumper. I have a question for those or @Diode Dynamics that have the factory led fog lights. What type of connector is the on these? I’m trying to figure out if I need to buy an adapter or am I just to go with just plugging.
I’m stoked to get these and my 12” bar in amber sae flood. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
So I purchased a set of the ss3 pods fogs since I have I have the arb stubby bumper and no longer have fog light holes in the bumper. I have a question for those or @Diode Dynamics that have the factory led fog lights. What type of connector is the on these? I’m trying to figure out if I need to buy an adapter or am I just to go with just plugging.
I’m stoked to get these and my 12” bar in amber sae flood. Thanks in advance
Hey there! To our knowledge, most ARB stubby bumpers have two accessory mounts up top. If you got our Standard SS3 Fog Light pods, you should be able to mount them there. The hardware will come with them. You could even use your factory fog light harness and run our 5202 DT Adapters to power them. If you got the vehicle-specific fog light kit for your vehicle, you will just need our standard brackets. Please let me know if this helps!

-Collin

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
Hey there! To our knowledge, most ARB stubby bumpers have two accessory mounts up top. If you got our Standard SS3 Fog Light pods, you should be able to mount them there. The hardware will come with them. You could even use your factory fog light harness and run our 5202 DT Adapters to power them. If you got the vehicle-specific fog light kit for your vehicle, you will just need our standard brackets. Please let me know if this helps!

-Collin
Perfect. That was my plan for mounting. The adapter was my concern. Thanks again @Diode Dynamics

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I need to get better pics, even some with the lights on.........
We were out in the snow after dark Saturday and the windshield was dirty, auto high beams didn't work due to the dirt covering the top of the windshield and it was a bit iffy as far as where the edges of the roads were in the hills and curves so I decided to fire up the new fogs - my wife said "wow, those sure work".
I think I might actually have them aimed a bit low but will tweak things as the weather gets better in a few months (HA, it's Iowa, who knows?)

The yellow sure made it easier to determine what was what in the snow.

Jeep Gladiator NEW! SS3 LED Pods for Jeep Gladiators! | Diode Dynamics new-fog-lights

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
I need to get better pics, even some with the lights on.........
We were out in the snow after dark Saturday and the windshield was dirty, auto high beams didn't work due to the dirt covering the top of the windshield and it was a bit iffy as far as where the edges of the roads were in the hills and curves so I decided to fire up the new fogs - my wife said "wow, those sure work".
I think I might actually have them aimed a bit low but will tweak things as the weather gets better in a few months (HA, it's Iowa, who knows?)

The yellow sure made it easier to determine what was what in the snow.

Jeep Gladiator NEW! SS3 LED Pods for Jeep Gladiators! | Diode Dynamics new-fog-lights
We're glad to hear that! Sounds like you're getting good use out of them.

SquatchJT

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR
I just got my lights delivered yesterday. Install was quick and easy... mostly. I am having trouble getting the backlight wired. I called customer support and they advised to splice the backlight wire into any factory wire that has power. I tried that with no luck. The included instructions did not provide much guidance.

Has anyone got their lights, with the backlight, wired up that can give me a pointer as to where to connect the backlight wires?? When I have time in the next few days, I am going to try splicing into the DRL. I just want to make sure it will work before cutting another factory wire or find a better option.

Next step is getting them properly adjusted. I believe they are aimed too high. When I turn the fogs on, they seem to have better light output and distribution than the stock LED headlights. CRAZY bright!! I am excited to get the wiring figured out and get them fully operational.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
@Diode Dynamics anxiously awaiting my SS3s and SS2s ordered on Black Friday. Called in last week and still no ETA. When will these lights be arriving? Over two months is a looonnngg time to wait.

SquatchJT

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR
@Diode Dynamics anxiously awaiting my SS3s and SS2s ordered on Black Friday. Called in last week and still no ETA. When will these lights be arriving? Over two months is a looonnngg time to wait.
The wait is hard, but absolutely worth it. I am certain you will agree. I knew the lights were going to be an improvement over the stock LED Fogs, but I was blown away at how much light was coming out of these. Now I just need to figure out the backlight wiring.
Sponsored

Reactions: PJZ