First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2021 JT EcoDiesel, 05 Liberty CRD, 93 YJ
Occupation
Button clicker
So yesterday I swapped the factory wheels and tires on my JT. Tossed the original ones in the bed and headed home. Looked at the display and saw pressures from all 4 tires. Drove it a little this morning and dropped off my old wheels at my shop and started heading out. Now my rear tires are only showing -- marks and no values (highlighted in red). Fronts show pressures. I think what happened was the JT kept the sensors for the old wheels and tires when I first drove it last night. Then this morning when I dropped off the wheels it only picked up the fronts. I noticed that the fronts were at 38psi vs the 41psi the old ones were at. So I pumped up all the tires to 41psi to see if it would register. The fronts show the pressure increase, but the rears are still MIA. I know it's a learning system. But is there any means to force it to search for the new rears? Should I rotate the rears to the fronts? I seem to recall someone posted that there was 2 sensors in front for each wheel. And only 1 in the rear. I've driven it around a little today About 5 or 6 miles. But no change. The TPMS sensors had a Chrysler part number on them, but I don't have the bags anymore. The were marked as being for the 2020 Gladiator (And I know they're 433mhz)
Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

So yesterday I swapped the factory wheels and tires on my JT. Tossed the original ones in the bed and headed home. Looked at the display and saw pressures from all 4 tires. Drove it a little this morning and dropped off my old wheels at my shop and started heading out. Now my rear tires are only showing -- marks and no values (highlighted in red). Fronts show pressures. I think what happened was the JT kept the sensors for the old wheels and tires when I first drove it last night. Then this morning when I dropped off the wheels it only picked up the fronts. I noticed that the fronts were at 38psi vs the 41psi the old ones were at. So I pumped up all the tires to 41psi to see if it would register. The fronts show the pressure increase, but the rears are still MIA. I know it's a learning system. But is there any means to force it to search for the new rears? Should I rotate the rears to the fronts? I seem to recall someone posted that there was 2 sensors in front for each wheel. And only 1 in the rear. I've driven it around a little today About 5 or 6 miles. But no change. The TPMS sensors had a Chrysler part number on them, but I don't have the bags anymore. The were marked as being for the 2020 Gladiator (And I know they're 433mhz)
My 18 JL never read all 4 correctly with brand new Duratracs and Moto Metals. then when I got my JT 2 years later the same wheels all sync up with no issues.

OP
OP

patracy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Button clicker
Wife drove it this afternoon, still nothing out of the rears. :( Guess I'll try to rotate the front and rears this afternoon to see if it will wake up those two.

OP
OP

patracy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Button clicker
Rotated front to rear. Only the front is still working. I thought maybe it was reading the fronts from the rear, so I let some pressure out of the fronts and they updated the pressure. Still nothing from the rear. I'm clueless what's wrong. Taking it to the dealer now.

OP
OP

patracy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Button clicker
Dealer didn't have time to look at it today. And their scanners battery was dead. Went back home and swapped two of the original wheels on the rear with the stock sensors. Drove for 15mins and cycled the ignition a few times, never caught a rear reading. Put the new wheels/sensors on and drove, they haven't picked up either. Fronts are reading though. I dropped the pressure to 36psi and those updated. I'm guessing it has to be vehicle related now.

Sponsored

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
Try unhooking you’re battery for 20 minutes or see if there is a fuse for whatever runs tpms in dash and see if it resets.

OP
OP

patracy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Button clicker
So, digging around I found that fuse F94 is for TPM/Cortex. I removed it, started the jeep, verified that none of the TPMS worked. Shut it off and plugged it back in. Back to only the fronts working. Went for a drive and it never updated either.

Can someone help me out with a question. Last night when I changed the wheels/tires. I had the old ones in the bed. Would the TPMS pick up the old ones at that time? I thought they only worked with movement? Because last night I had tire pressures on all four wheels. I kinda thought maybe the tpms was reading the old wheels possibly. But with how the jeep is behaving, I'm starting to think I have an actual vehicle issue since it can't see anything on the rear.

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
did you ever resolve this issue?