First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Going to be putting an oil pan skid on my 2021 Mojave 3.6 engine. I really wanted to get a full body skid with UMHW, but could not justify the cost or the need. For my use the factory skids will do, but I wanted to protect the oil pan exhaust and transmission lines.
I liked the Next Venture as they have the exhaust clearance worked out , I can add the rest of the fully belly system and UHMW plastic later if I want. This project will complete my skids underneath. I live in the NE and salt and brine along with surf fishing the east coast beachs, I decided to paint everything. Won’t be a quick project as I’m going to round off edges and sand everything before paint……Jack
IMG_0362.jpeg
IMG_0363.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaxmax

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Oops being a weight watcher, everything all together weighs 19.7 pounds, which is less than their claim of 20 lbs. so I can spray .3 pounds of paint , Ha!….Jack

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
In their video, the front brackets look like the simply slip onto factor bolts. But the rear goes into their replacment cross member. I guess the rear on this modular one goes into existing holes?

Thanks.

OP
OP
Jaxmax

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
There is a plate and two nut holders , I think they just go through the skid into the plate, we'll see.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
There is a plate and two nut holders , I think they just go through the skid into the plate, we'll see.
Before you install, let me know if you need pointers on the motor mount bolts. They’re horrible.

OP
OP
Jaxmax

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Going pretty well instructions would have been nice, but that would ruin all the fun, looks like I have to drill a hole for the transfer case skid, I’ll call them on this as a 1/2 to 3/4 hole would have been nice.😊
IMG_0365.jpeg

OP
OP
Jaxmax

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
This skid comes off which is nice, more clearance woho!
Jeep Gladiator Next Venture Modular oil pan skid install IMG_0366

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaxmax

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Going ok sorta!
Glad I am going back to work tomorrow I need the break, I had figured the engine mount bolts were long enough but with the bracket being at a slight angle, I think I will change them, going to bend the bracket a little first, either way want it flat. The exhaust loops are real tight but I have to make the motor mounts tight before looking at them closer.
Side benefit ,I had bought a Poison Spider exhaust loop skid a year ago or so without reading the directions first and they call for the transmission skid has to be removed to mount it, good news is that is the skid that gets removed, so after I get the oil pan done then exhaust loop will be easy, and I'll be skidded up enough for my needs.
I have to check with Wildhobo about tricks for the bolts, and probably go buy a couple more socket extensions and angle pieces. all in all good day wrenching, I needed it!.....Jack

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Going ok sorta!
Glad I am going back to work tomorrow I need the break, I had figured the engine mount bolts were long enough but with the bracket being at a slight angle, I think I will change them, going to bend the bracket a little first, either way want it flat. The exhaust loops are real tight but I have to make the motor mounts tight before looking at them closer.
Side benefit ,I had bought a Poison Spider exhaust loop skid a year ago or so without reading the directions first and they call for the transmission skid has to be removed to mount it, good news is that is the skid that gets removed, so after I get the oil pan done then exhaust loop will be easy, and I'll be skidded up enough for my needs.
I have to check with Wildhobo about tricks for the bolts, and probably go buy a couple more socket extensions and angle pieces. all in all good day wrenching, I needed it!.....Jack
Yeah. They’re “special” I definitely had to replace them with the longer ones. I required no bending of the next venture support brackets. I’d wait to bend them if I were you.
Sponsored