First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
I am having a horrible time picking the tire and wheels I want!
I thought I wanted the BFG KM3 but not sure.
I've read reviews after reviews, but want to know what others are running and thinking
Between the:
Nitto Trail Grappler
Nitto Ridge Grappler
BFG KM3
BFG A/T (last one on the list if even on the list!!!!)
I mostly do Highway but will be on some trails no real rock bouncing! (to expensive of a truck to bang it up) I only drive around 6 miles a day!
Will be running a 3 inch lift!
Let me see them too!
Sponsored

Lawrencebest

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
COO
I have a Mojave and just put on BFG KO2 37*12.50 on Black Rhino Arsenal 17".
I went with this for a couple of reasons. The 37" measures 36.5" and weighs considerable less than the Nitto.
All Terrain TA KO2 37X12.50R17 71.3 lbs
Ridge Grappler 37X12.50R17 81.5 lbs
Trail Grappler MT 37X12.50R17 84.8 lbs

I have a stock suspension and have no issues with rubbing....even cutting the wheel all the way.
Ill take some pics and post up.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Trail Grapplers here. You can feel the lugs at low speed, like under 8mph. I actually like it. I have grown to embrace the highway hum as well, it isn't so bad. Being a truck you really can't hear the rears, it isn't as loud as Wranglers I have been in with them where all 4 wheels are under the cabin.

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
It has been a very long time since I ran BFG anything....I ran them on my TJ back in early 2000s and I found them okay but also found the sidewall would chew up pretty bad off-road, so I stopped running them.

However I have experience with Nitto. I have the Trail Grapplers on my Ford Raptor. They have about 30,000 miles on them and they still have real good tread on them. They have been good running tires, nice and smooth...perfect for the Raptor, but not really aggressive enough for what I wanted on the Gladiator.

i am running the Ridge Grapplers on the Gladiator. I only have about a week on them. So far I like they look and ride....I hope the longevity rivals the Trail Grapplers...we will see.

EDIT......I got confused...I have not run the Trail Grapplers. It was the Terra Grapplers on my Raptor. I believe someone stated they liked the bumpy feel at low speed with the Trail Grapplers....I have the same basic feel with the Ridge Grappler on my Gladiator......

Last edited:

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Trail Grapplers also, because I off road every other weekend. Noise is louder then the stock Falkens. Just turn up the radio.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I'm running Ridge Grapplers, and offroad about 2x per month. I've had all different kinds of tires, and still want mud tires occasionally, but the Ridge Grapplers are the right choice for me (for now). As long as it's dry, ATs are almost just as good offroad. Ideally, I would have 2 sets of tires and wheels, and would switch for the situation. Given your specific list and stated objective, I would go in the following order: 1. Ridge Grappler, 2. KM3, 3. Trail Grappler, 4. KO3. The order would change if you aren't doing any offroading at all, with the K03 moving to the front. I just don't like it for offroad. For 50/50 use (out of those specific tires identified), I would probably put the KM3 up front, only because the Trail Grapplers are so heavy. Good luck with your decision.

Jeep Gladiator Nitto Trail Grappler vs Ridge Grappler vs BFG KM3 vs BFG AT 69350781-C14B-468F-9355-BEA2C29F8DCA

Last edited:

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I have been very happy with the performance and mpg with my Falken AT3W tires on the JT and on a former JKU. Dry, wet, snow, dirt, rocky trails, etc.

Banks24

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Public Insurance Adjuster
Ridge grappler here and love em! Quiet on the highway and feel very good. Jeep is new with only 1k miles on the truck and tires but love em and wouldn’t have been happy with anything else !!!

9ABFDA46-220A-405E-9062-E30D925195AF.jpeg

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Ridge Grapplers 35's here. Only a few hundred miles on them so far. Highway ride is great and that is where they will see the majority of their time. They were more than adequate on their first off road adventure last week (moderate level trails). They handled mud, sand, and rocks without issue. Great choice for your daily driver weekend warrior types.

InvertedAerialX

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on 2023 Gladiator Diesel (long story)
Occupation
Flight Dispatcher / Aircraft Maintenance Engineer /
I am having a horrible time picking the tire and wheels I want!
I thought I wanted the BFG KM3 but not sure.
I've read reviews after reviews, but want to know what others are running and thinking
Between the:
Nitto Trail Grappler
Nitto Ridge Grappler
BFG KM3
BFG A/T (last one on the list if even on the list!!!!)
I mostly do Highway but will be on some trails no real rock bouncing! (to expensive of a truck to bang it up) I only drive around 6 miles a day!
Will be running a 3 inch lift!
Let me see them too!
Only because you live where the snow flies and you don't plan on doing any HARD wheeling, I would strongly suggest looking at Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's. I had them on 3 of my F-150's and they eliminated the need for winter tires and were incredible tires! My brother had trail grapplers on his F350 and switched to Duratrac's and never went back. Just a suggestion.

Sponsored

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
I just pulled the trigger on some BFG 37 KO2's mainly because I am not off roading the Gladiator (I have a TJ for that) AND because of the weight. They are 71 lbs and the Ridge Grappler is over 80 lbs. I am trying to save weight where I can and wanted to be able to possibly put a spare 37 under the bed. I don't know if anyone with a diesel has tried to put one under there or not. I only order 4 though, just in case.

Lawrencebest

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
COO
I have a Mojave and just put on BFG KO2 37*12.50 on Black Rhino Arsenal 17".
I went with this for a couple of reasons. The 37" measures 36.5" and weighs considerable less than the Nitto.
All Terrain TA KO2 37X12.50R17 71.3 lbs
Ridge Grappler 37X12.50R17 81.5 lbs
Trail Grappler MT 37X12.50R17 84.8 lbs

I have a stock suspension and have no issues with rubbing....even cutting the wheel all the way.
Ill take some pics and post up.
front.jpg

side.jpg

OP
OP
Redjk07

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
I made the decision to go with the Nitto Trail Grappler, A couple of reason is here in Southern IL when we get snow its a wet snow and I wanted something that did ok in that, second was they came in a 12.50 with a D rated tire (hopefully a little smoother ride???) Weight was lower! and I wanted the more aggressive look! I will get pictures posted when I get the build done!

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Having run BFG's for over 20 years and converting to Nitto for the last two rigs I would highly recommend Nitto. I am currently running Ridge Grapplers at 29.5 psi rear and 30 psi front.

Jeep Gladiator Nitto Trail Grappler vs Ridge Grappler vs BFG KM3 vs BFG AT IMG_2786.JPG

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
How much power loss going 10lbs heavier per ire.
Sponsored