First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 02 WJ, 98 TJ
Occupation
Sales/Operations Manager
Like the name states, I got Nothin'...... No catchy name, snappy phrase nothin.....

I'll just start with where i'm at now do a little flash back then get back on track from there. Hang in there with me it'll start out a bit slow but I promise it'll pick up speed at some point.

Welp, here's where I'm at as of today (9/20/20).
JnYIrBEl.jpg

Now that I have a photo in here and have your attention. I'll try to do more photos & less words to keep everyone amused & paying attention.

Backup a bit to my past Jeeps:
=> No pictures of these, but: 96 ZJ Grand Cherokee, 99 TJ Wrangler, 98 XJ Cherokee, 04 WK, now onto what I have photos of.

2001 XJ Jeep Cherokee:
6.5" Lift, 4.56 gears, ARB's Front/Rear, Bumpers, Smitybilt Winch, 35 MTR's, Tuck & Fold, HPD30 Front Axle Swap, 8.25 Rear Axle Swap, Teraflex rear disk brakes, SYE, Tatton DS, Monstaliner lower 1/2, etc, etc, etc....
vvaezrRl.jpg

2002 WJ Jeep Grand Cherokee:
4.5 Clayton Offroad Long Arm Lift, Bilstein Shocks, Protofab front bumper, Rock Hard Offroad Rear bumper, Sliders, Cooper STT Pro 33's, D44A Axle Swap, 4.56 gears, ARB's Front & Rear, Smitybilt Winch, Iron Rock Offroad front Chromoly shafts, ARB Awning, etc, etc, etc..

When I brought her home:
pUhAhghl.jpg

Now:
WpmrFycl.jpg

Mc5FRLHl.jpg

OJzlE4vl.jpg

The WJ's get shit on, but i'll tell you that thing is unstoppable & performs great. They really don't get the respect they deserve.

Sorry bout that, I get distracted sometimes...........

OENPOu3l.jpg

Okay back on track....

98 TJ Wrangler:
I4, ProComp 35's, 1.5" body lift, 2.5 Rough Country Suspension Lift, Ford 8.8 Rear Swap w/ARB, HPD30 Front Swap w/Yukon Zip, Truss Front & Rear, Adams DS in rear, Brown Dog 1" Motor Mount Lift, JB Conversions SYE, etc, etc, etc.

When I picked her up:
pDKxligl.jpg

How she sits now (still not done):
IAHdKQNl.jpg

jYNF14Ol.jpg

pgB6rHLl.jpg

I have it getting regeared & the axle trusses/swap kits being welded on. Not in too much of a hurry to get her back as I just dropped a bunch of ca$h when buying the Rubicon.

So back to the JT, I started the shopping process while on vacation in Key West Florida (I live near Buffalo NY). Built the JT I wanted on the Jeep.com website then did a search for that truck or one close to it near me (in NY). Went back & forth with some E-mails & Text Messages discussing options. When I got back we made a deal over the phone then drove 1 1/2 hours away to test drive & buy her (after 2 weeks of isolation of course).

Here is the search from Jeep.com. It had 19 of my 23 choices. It didn't have the 110 volt plug in the box, tonneau cover, bed liner, and a few other things.
aPkWPbEl.jpg

Dealer Photo's on the website:

MIiQWN2l.jpg

FIQ1rsjl.jpg

a6vtlnTl.jpg

2hug1yul.jpg

uEKS2fsl.jpg

Here's the actual window sticker:
WmxbkCXl.jpg

I traded in my WK2 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee in. It was a sad day, It really treated me good. Not 1 problem with her & she has 86,000 on the clock.

vhUrp6al.jpg

So on the way home from the dealership, had to grab a quick photo of her as we stopped for lunch.

2Ni3pryl.jpg

When we got home, my wife asked if it'd fit in the garage..... I said "ya, you don't think i checked before I bought it"

xEUKRRrl.jpg

That weekend I hurried & cleaned the garage out so she'd fit & prove that my wife doubting me was a mistake.....

See, ya she fits (barley)

qfyQuWml.jpg

So my daily driver is basically a company vehicle. I get a stipend for using it for work. My 2015 Grand Cherokee was bone stock except for some Cooper tires when I traded it in. The Gladiator has taken the Grands place, but it won't stay stock. I will do some upgrades, keep them relatively low key for 3 years until I can retire it to my toy & get another JGC to daily.

The Gladiator is (along with being a work vehicle) going to be my tow rig, the WJ is going to be sold & I plan to buy a nice aluminium car hauling trailer that I can set up to tow the TJ along with setting it up for the ARB awning, etc for when we go wheeling.

In saying that i've already started purchasing items & making plans of what to by moving forward.

I bought a Tonnaeu Cover off of Amazon. I did my research as to what cover will work with a bed rack system. I plan to buy the JCR Full Bed Rack System & the only cover they specifically not working with their Rack was the AgriCover - Literider Rollup Cover (Part# 37019).

I bought it off of Amazon (like I said) & when it came in there was 0 hardware, nothing.....

pCoytUJl.jpg

I reached out to ACI's customer service & they let me know they don't sell on Amazon, & if I bought it off of Amazon they don't send out missing hardware. That's because Amazon or the 3rd party sometimes takes hardware out to send to other customers. They did say they would help me out and send me what I needed once I sent them the serial# & my mailing address.

>>>>> if you like the Literider covers, buy direct from them. They're customer service was great to me, they are made in the USA, and once I got the cover on I am very pleased with it. <<<<<

Hardware showed up:

l4TX265l.jpg

Clamps:

9mlcKA7l.jpg

hKqM0Tgl.jpg

Tension Kit:

b6XQBPfl.jpg

Gaskets:

1zTnEvAl.jpg

Tonnaeu went on pretty quick & easy:

Before:

d7eruBul.jpg

After:

F0mrXS0l.jpg

Before:

rsPfAtPl.jpg

After:

JnYIrBEl.jpg

Before:
kgLgupOl.jpg

After:
3J6qkdWl.jpg

Before:

MqGAoV9l.jpg

After:

HruL3kdl.jpg

j361hbZl.jpg

I didn't put the gasket on the front of the box. It was only about 6" long & I'm going to see if i can't find the same (or close) gasket & put it the whole way across to stop the weather from coming into the box.

ZFWPCfql.jpg

As you can tell, I purchased a bed mat off amazon as well. I did some research on them as well & felt the Smartliner Bed Mat (Part#K0459) was the best choice & again I'm very pleased with it. Going through the carwash it doesn't move, it's very heavy, good traction (things don't move around). Highly recommend it if you're thinking about one.

ND3Vlehl.jpg

Closeup with the Tonnaeu Cover on.

ewkFstQl.jpg

On my Grand I always wanted to have the Side Window Reflectors (In Channel). I bought these off of Amazon as well.

7OkhxmIl.jpg

MlWOLE1l.jpg

1VNXrQCl.jpg

yV7sjLpl.jpg

>>>> Just wanted to make sure you were still paying attention <<<<

Back to JCR Offroad, I don't have the Bed Rails in the box, & I wanted to be able to mount my Roto-Pax some how so I picked up their "Bed Front MOLLE Storage Panel"

5pvJYOtl.jpg

And also their "Center Console MOLLE Panels

UjRLMH2l.jpg

For the Bed Front MOLLE Storage Panel I picked up my Roto-Pax mounts (non locking)

zPWflFAl.jpg

I'll end up with this:

C5MPg0nl.jpg

I need somewhere to mount my S&W M&P 9mm along with knife, and flashlight.

Neither of the above have showed up yet, but will update when they do. I know they're a bit behind, & I'm not in too much of a hurry.

I plan to buy their Bed Rack System (full Rack) as I said above to carry Mountain Bikes, Kayaks, etc.

IK7OQcSl.jpg

I won't veer off, I am doing all I can to stay on track to finish this first post up.

WBgyhjHl.jpg

NO GO AWAY!

Okay, other items on my list to buy/do to the JT:
- Compressor Bracket:
xFTtAgSl.jpg

- ARB Compressor: these little compressors are well worth the price.
VOzTOcTl.jpg

- Warn Winch: I've been buying & using Smittybilt winches, but really would like to go with at WARN
11AEShYl.jpg

- WARN Bracket
P51vZo8l.jpg

- Rear Bumper: This one kinda interests me
gnYcaL7l.jpg

- Rugged Ridge Short snorkel
Srzq2bZl.jpg

- Magnaflow Rock Crawler Exhause:
ldWzWOVl.jpg

I'm sure there's more, I just don't have it in me & I wanna hit the "Post Thread" button before my laptop takes a poop (or my cat walks on my keyboard......)

Follow, subscribe for updates, don't do either, it's up to you. I'll keep updating my progress & my next post will be what my long term plan is along with any new parts or adventures I have.

Thanks for sticking with me thus far.

JiYo2QHl.jpg

Sponsored

Mr. Manners

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GC Overland
Occupation
Professional Babysitter
Awesome thread on “she shall remain nameless”

Cant wait to see (read) more.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
What’s the texture on that smart liner like? Seems I could skip a spray in and just put Molle panels down the sides plus this for less than linex

OP
OP
caronaxtr

caronaxtr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 02 WJ, 98 TJ
Occupation
Sales/Operations Manager
What’s the texture on that smart liner like? Seems I could skip a spray in and just put Molle panels down the sides plus this for less than linex
Its a rough rubber material. I have had my ball hitch in my bed for over a week & it hasn't moved yet. The mat is pretty heavy & notched to lock into the bed too. I was going to Linex the bed, but planning on keeping the mat & JCR MOLLE panel in front of box, probably get the side ones too.

Definitely recommend the mat to anyone on the fence.

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Congrats on the new gladiator! Can't wait to see how the build progresses. I was between a white rubicon and the sting gray sport s that I eventually settled on, so I will enjoy living vicariously through your build.

Sponsored

OP
OP
caronaxtr

caronaxtr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 02 WJ, 98 TJ
Occupation
Sales/Operations Manager
Awesome thread on “she shall remain nameless”

Cant wait to see (read) more.
Thanks, I'll try to keep it interesting........

Congrats on the new gladiator! Can't wait to see how the build progresses. I was between a white rubicon and the sting gray sport s that I eventually settled on, so I will enjoy living vicariously through your build.
Thank You Sir! I searched all over for a white Rubicon & there weren't many. Glad I found this one. Feel free to live vicariously through me, you have my permission....

Okay, back to the story

Came home yesterday & had a package waiting for me.

R0mu7OZl.jpg

kCjQn8jl.jpg

JCR Offroad Bed Front MOLLE Panel

Assembled, ready to be installed into the bed.

e7Uora6l.jpg

Sorry it was getting dark so I didn't get any more install pictures, but here it is installed.

pGkljjpl.jpg

c3fUo5Jl.jpg

I'm very happy with the RotoPax, I have them mounted on my trailer & my 02 Grand.

FC6024Il.jpg

JCR Offroad has nice directions on YouTube:

JCR Offroad Center Console MOLLE Panels, haven't mounted these yet. I wanna mount my Alien Gear M&P 9 Holster before I mount them.

rzNMaFIl.jpg

XZA79WIl.jpg

They have a slot for a belt clip holster, but I have a hard mount that I had in My 15 JGC that worked really good.

K82fBsil.jpg

JCR Offroad Directions:

Not much of an update, but an update nun the less.

I should mention that I am very happy with the Gladiator. It is everything I hoped it would be when I was shopping for them.

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
Cheers mate!! Love the build and love yor write-up even more!!

OP
OP
caronaxtr

caronaxtr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 02 WJ, 98 TJ
Occupation
Sales/Operations Manager
I didn't realize it's been so long since I've updated this thread..... Sorry bout dat....

Welp, since my last post, I've installed the JT Center Console MOLLE Panel.

Wg96rZ6l.jpg

sR522Oil.jpg

ZiWxB8dl.jpg

I only installed the Drivers Side Panel. I didn't want it to get in the way of any passengers that could be riding with me.

I recently picked up the JCR Offroad JT Bed Rack (Tall version). I've had it installed for over a week now & am very pleased with it.

Before:

N2xOVDQl.jpg

Lo0c0sjl.jpg

All the parts laid out:

2nScUcCl.jpg

pb9lfG0l.jpg

And the rack with the Access Tonnaeu cover:

Yr9OhZ8l.jpg

3O1iScNl.jpg

HNvw4Thl.jpg

I'm really happy with the whole setup, there are only a couple things I think JCR could have done a little better:
1) in the install videos, they should have pulled some dimensions so you knew where to set the uprights. Without the Trail Rail system you have to clamp the bed rail. Issue there is there are some nuts welded in @ the rear of the box & up front there is some reinforcing steel under the rail.
2) @ the back of the bed rails (where there is a notched out section) they should have had the rear uprights bolt right into those nuts. That would set the uprights in the correct location.
3) If they would have notched the inside of the uprights 2-3" that would allow you to roll up the Access Tonnaeu cover a lot easier & also allow you to stow it away rolled up behind the rear window.

Besides my petty suggestions as to how to make it better the JCR Rack is really a great setup. Priced right & super easy to install. Highly recommend it to anyone on the fence.

NqgPRhIl.jpg

My next potential purchases / upgrades (besides me getting my 97 Wrangler going) are:

JCR Offroad Underseat MOLLE Basket:

qxdASrWl.jpg

15iPyXdl.jpg

I've never purchased anything from JCR before besides the items for my Gladiator. But I've got to say, everything so far has really been above what I was expecting. Quality & Price right!

Best Top Sunrider:

ax5OTdSl.jpg

That's where I am at this point. It's been about 6 months with the Gladiator & I'm very happy with it. I will say, I miss my Grand Cherokee & will be buying another JGC in about 3 years. Keeping the Gladiator of course!

Oh ya, as the Wife & I are sick as HELL not being able to go anywhere we bought some Kayaks so we can actually do something this summer. Picked these up to carry them.

H0cu3pyl.jpg
Sponsored