First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from NAPA
I come from decades of driving a Wrangler, and my Rubicon just "does it" for me.

So I'm thinking to go with the Gladiator Rubicon... go to the nearest dealership, but they tell me that you can't get a manual transmission in a Rubicon.

Whoa... wait.. what?!

So I logged on here last night and read through the posts... seems all y'all here know more about Gladiators than Jeep salesman. The sales manager seemed truly sincere and disappointed, especially when I told him I would NOT consider an automatic transmission. Where's the fun in that?!

I could always start with a base Sport and build it out... I've done that with Wranglers. And I don't expect to put the Gladiator through the same off-road paces as my Wrangler. Still... I am spoiled to the heavy duty transfer case and locking diffs.

Rick
Sponsored

Staphylococcus0

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel Gecko Gladiator, aka Ostentatious.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Machinist
Manual should be available with the 3.6 pentastar on the rubicon.

BaHH

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2004 Z06
Well that's interesting considering I just ordered a MT Rubi on 8/26. Use the Jeep builder and print it out for your salesman. I'm assuming he was just very uninformed about products he's paid to sell. Either speak with another salesman/dealer or sit down and start the ordering process and it's quickly evident that it is possible to order the MT. In fact it's the standard option.

Pergrem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Yamaha/BRP Tech
Did you go in to order one, or did you go in to see if they could "get" one? If you went in to get/look at one, more than likely they looked at available inventory of near by dealers to do a trade and couldn't find one. My Mojave was the only manual within 600 miles on any dealerships lot at the time when I bought it. 200 miles is about the most any dealer will search. There was a guy from New York that called that wanted to put a deposit down and then fly down to buy it as I was walking out the door with the keys. Manuals are hard to find on the lot.

Sponsored

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I must be doing something wrong as I've been shifting my 2020 Rubicon manually for the last 35k miles...

I doubt they would have gotten rid of that option.

Sparty

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR (Gecko) / 2021 JLR
He's full of crap and just another reason why dealers get bad names.

It's as simple as that. Is it possible to close this thread?

Chestnut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX, 2017 Forester XT, 2021 JTO
Occupation
Civil Engineer

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
It's as simple as that. Is it possible to close this thread?
No, this dead horse needs to beaten for another 2 weeks and then again in a year and a half when someone bumps it unnecessarily.

Sponsored

MaysvilleStig

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
United States Marine Corps
Dealer lied to you to try and get you to buy one off the lot, which were likely all autos.
This is exactly what happened. When I traded my AT4 in a month ago for my JT, dealer told me people weren't buying trucks to try and stiff me on my trade, then 5 mins later said trucks are popular right now when talking about the JT. They say what they need to say.