no wiper and (turn)lights anymore...

wrangler 17io

First Name
Olivier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR TJ J10 SJ and MJ
Hello every one, I am french and bought myself an US JT-R in Florida. I needed fog lights and orange rear turn lights to have french papers (our french "title").

For turn lights Ok, just need the Tazer I bought on quadratec + modify rear lights.

For fog lights using this topic on the forum to build additional lights on the rear bumper.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/write-up-for-adding-euro-spec-rear-fogs.39373/
That was the beginning of problems (error for myself, the topic is perfect):
- I have build the fog lights on the rear bumper ok
- I have mount a wire harness from the fog lights (switched on) to the interior of the truck, just near the BCM on the passenger side
- I have switched off the C5 and C6 from the BCM to see how the pin are done. I didn't have the correct pins to finish the working
- I have re switch on the C5 and C6 on the BCM, let the harness on the passenger floor and take time to buy the right pins on web market
Since this day no wipers (only water works on the windshield), only (turn) lights on the right front + rear left, and other little informations I don't have on the dash

I drove to my JEEP dealership, they don't find the solution... First they tried to reset the BCM and this one refused to reset. They have switch a JEEP computer on the car, BCM shows lot of mistakes.
I have bought a new BCM in USA last month to replace mine. It don't work with this new one, nothing, no engine running, nothing. I have verified the correct MOPAR number with my VIN number before buying.

So we don't know now what we can do or trying to do... Perhaps we need the US JEEP computer (I don't know the right word fotr that), my dealership has the computer for EU models. Or another thing...

Thanks for your help. Olivier
Sponsored

RacerAV

First Name
Adamo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Jeep Lover
Dang, nobody could help!? Old thread, hope you got it solved man!

OP
OP
wrangler 17io

wrangler 17io

First Name
Olivier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR TJ J10 SJ and MJ
thanks answering... Since this day I have bought a new BCM in USA, gone to my local dealership. First day after replace the old, nothing was working anymore, no ignition, absolutly nothing...!

Big stress for me...

About 2 weeks after, they finally found a little harness in bad shape, and no "terre" (translation is "ground" in english but sure the right word is other), replace the new BCM a second time, and everyting was working, exept the miles to do before gas tank empty... Little thing.

After that I drove to another JEEP dealershop to finish the working on fog lights and turn lights (must be orange in Europe and not with brake lights).
I have my licence plate in order since one month, i am now very happy with this Gladiator.

Just a critic about the shoks which are too fat on this rubicon model. I don't find a solution which would be reasonnable price
Sponsored