Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t wave to red Rubicons with spartan helmets.
I Wave to Every Swingin Dick or Lovely Jeep Girl in a real Jeep and that includes My Gladiator and Yours!

IMG_20210413_145717559.jpg
Sponsored

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
It is interesting, I live in a Blue Collar county, and the number of jeeps you see is relatively low...When I dive to see my doctor in a more affluent county, there are tons of jeeps of all kind...

I also found out today, the Gladiator Rubicon I see every time I go to the Doctors office - and what got me interested in purchasing my soon to come Mojave, belongs to one of the doctors.

I can see why the jeeps are more ubiquitous in affluent counties after I signed the contract for my Mo'. Doctors and retired engineers can afford these things, but I think they are pricing them so rediculously high these days (and other truck manufactures too) that there are more "yuppies" and what not driving them than your average Joe (around here anyway)...Most of the former, I think, look at it more as a "symbol" (fill in your own interpretation :)) than something they want to take in the Dirt.

Hypothesis being here🤔, the more expensive these Trucks get, the less waves you will see. 😱

At ant rate, remember what Alan Jackson sang:
"Livin' on love, buyin' on time
Without somebody (or some Jeep ;) ) nothing ain't worth a dime."

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
The only waves we get here in SoCal involve a single finger...
^^^ This is just because they recognize it's you!" Lol

But seriously, I get waves about 50% of the time. Funny thing is when I had my JKL it didn't seem like I ever got them. In the Gladiator I have had a couple guys sustaining in their front yard smile and give me a thumbs up. Nice.

ChrisTX

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Data Scientist
I won't wave. I am an asshole. I like Jeeps but don't like people. Just put your sheep mask on and get over it! I am not a follower.
You sound like a real cool dude!

I bet you got a nice "Trump 2024" bumper sticker too hahaha

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I won't wave. I am an asshole. I like Jeeps but don't like people. Just put your sheep mask on and get over it! I am not a follower.
Im with you. Just like the low down cool wave from Harley riders.
Get over it. Proud member of the asshole club.

DeOhYouGe

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Fiber optic and metallic cable splicer
I kinda consider the wave as salute to another in uniform. That uniform is in the shape of a Jeep now, instead of the one I wore for 20 in USAF.

When you wave, you signal that you recognize the sheet metal worn by the driver, and understand that driving on or off road is different in a Jeep. If I see you stuck, or otherwise in need, I'll help. Of you don't return the wave, it's OK. You drive your way. If you wave back, cool, maybe we'll see eachother in a parking lot, trail head, or other and actually talk.

Like I said it's like a salute, just not not mandatory.

Young troops sometimes would get bent "having to salute all the officers". They would come to understand that the occasional salute to an officer is nothing to worry about. Those officers are obligated to return your salute, and everyone is popping salutes at them everywhere!

HAPPY VETERANS DAY
Sponsored