Sponsored

Normal or Not? Water In Sliding Back Window Track . . .

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
SO... I'm hyper-aware of my back window because I've had to deal with the dreaded back window leak like so many others here.

My back window ended up having to have to be replaced, and that was an adventure in itself. :)

But I've now noticed after heavy rains (hard downpours), I'll see water sitting in the track that the sliding glass is seated in as seen here:

Jeep Gladiator Normal or Not? Water In Sliding Back Window Track . . . 01a

Jeep Gladiator Normal or Not? Water In Sliding Back Window Track . . . 01b - slidding window track

Jeep Gladiator Normal or Not? Water In Sliding Back Window Track . . . 1c - 20201214_175858674_iOS-water-along-track

The water is not coming from the top of the window (at least I've never seen any more drips from the top of the window)... but instead, I think the water is getting in from this weather stripping:

Jeep Gladiator Normal or Not? Water In Sliding Back Window Track . . . 02

And I'm thinking maybe this is normal?

Because inside right below the back window (on left side when looking towards the bed) there's a tray that appears to be there to collect any water that seeps in, and then I think there's a small drain hole so it can drain out:

Jeep Gladiator Normal or Not? Water In Sliding Back Window Track . . . 03 - water collection tray

Jeep Gladiator Normal or Not? Water In Sliding Back Window Track . . . 04 - water collection tray steps

Since the sliding window is only sealed up by the weather stripping around it, I'm thinking that under certain circumstances water will seep in... thus the reason they have the tray that collects the water & drains it out.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, and this isn't normal. lol... I have no idea!

Any feedback on this?

->> Have you seen water sitting in the track that the sliding glass window is seated in?

->> Or have you seen water in the tray below the back window?

Thanks so much!

Jonathan
Sponsored

Last edited: