John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought this. All I changed is tires.

FB65C43E-6299-4CFD-8A62-C27E69D6B37A.jpeg

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Just bought this. All I changed is tires.

FB65C43E-6299-4CFD-8A62-C27E69D6B37A.jpeg
What happened to the stock running boards . . . someone swipe 'em? :) Or swapped 'em for the black grill?

Looks nice, looks great with those tires.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
What happened to the stock running boards . . . someone swipe 'em? :) Or swapped 'em for the black grill?

Someone stole the running boards, I guess.
Also has a lot less rake than my Overland

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase

I took those ugly things off. I am looking for some rubicon rails. Just want to cover the seam. I haven't leveled it yet. I am not going to lift because I want to stay with 33's. I ride all over the county for my job and don't want to kill gas mileage.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I took those ugly things off. I am looking for some rubicon rails. Just want to cover the seam. I haven't leveled it yet. I am not going to lift because I want to stay with 33's. I ride all over the county for my job and don't want to kill gas mileage.
I had considered something besides the factory running boards/steps, however, after seeing my wife struggle to get in, seeing how much I use them getting in and out, and as important - how they keep the rocks and crud, salt and sand, off the sides, they are staying unless I find something as good or better. They make a big difference in those two respects and with the color of my Jeep, they actually compliment the blue, IMO.
Appearance is in the eye of the owner or beholder, like anything else visual.
I LOVE the MPG I've been getting - it exceeds my expectations so when I go 33" tires to fight our crappy winters here I doubt I lose MPG, but if I do take a hit of 1 or so, no biggy, I'd still be above my former truck and other Jeep (except for my wife, and her 25-26 mpg bragging with her GC)

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Not much to see, but here's an Overland. Pretty much stock save for the front receiver I installed, the splash guards I put on a few weeks ago, minor stuff so far.
Plans -
Sill guards that arrived today - if it's warm enough may install those,
Rubicon springs up front to give it about 3/4" more height up front,
Sport S Max Tow springs in the rear to prevent the rear from sinking so much with a load,
Rubicon Fox shocks all around,
trailer brake controller - MOPAR issue if they ever get their act together and release them - I have a trailer to pull,
wire for a winch up front and in the back as I'm going to go receiver mount and winch for now (once I can afford the winch) and see how that works out. Nothing lost if I later change my mind - sell the winch mount, buy a bumper and mount it up front.

JT-with-snow-dirt.jpg

jt-lft-at-home.jpg

JT-lf.jpg

View attachment 53769

View attachment 53770

front-hitch.jpg

View attachment 53772

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Not much to see, but here's an Overland. Pretty much stock save for the front receiver I installed, the splash guards I put on a few weeks ago, minor stuff so far.
Plans -
Sill guards that arrived today - if it's warm enough may install those,
Rubicon springs up front to give it about 3/4" more height up front,
Sport S Max Tow springs in the rear to prevent the rear from sinking so much with a load,
Rubicon Fox shocks all around,
trailer brake controller - MOPAR issue if they ever get their act together and release them - I have a trailer to pull,
wire for a winch up front and in the back as I'm going to go receiver mount and winch for now (once I can afford the winch) and see how that works out. Nothing lost if I later change my mind - sell the winch mount, buy a bumper and mount it up front.

JT-with-snow-dirt.jpg

jt-lft-at-home.jpg

JT-lf.jpg

View attachment 53769

View attachment 53770

front-hitch.jpg

View attachment 53772
That is Beautiful , just as she sits

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That is Beautiful , just as she sits
Thanks. I don't plan on "massive changes" to appearance. Some tires better suited to Iowa seasons, but nothing over 33" planned at this point. I like the looks of the JT stock wheels - the Overland wheels are nice looking - or the Rubicon. If I can't find some better all-season tires as far as take-offs with wheels, I guess I'd end up buying tires for these wheels, that's plan B.
How it sits - I'd like to take SOME rake out of it - Rubicon springs up front should lift it 3/4" according to others who have done it, and Sport Max Tow springs in the back to keep it from settling as much under load. Some leveling, no real lift, minor if I do. I can't see going over an inch higher in the end, likely less, whatever the other springs give me. Most of my plans are protection, make it more "truck-like" in some ways, perhaps a couple of decals for it.
Sponsored