NY to VA to SC and back

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
We headed down to Myrtle Beach last week and took our mountain bikes. I knew the JTR wasnt exactly suited for that road trip and her Chevy Blazer would have been a lot better on gas. But I planned on cruising the strip, topless and doorless, the gas shortage nixed that plan.

We took 81 from NY to VA, then 64 to 95 into SC. On the way back we were mostly on 95.

Round trip was 1896 miles, 33 hours and averaged 17.1 mpg. the avg MPG would have been higher but my girlfriend likes to drive too fast and the mpg dropped into the 14s while she was driving.

Next time we will be taking the Blazer.
Sponsored

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
After years of driving a Class C motorhome cross country and lucky if I got 6-9mpg on average, I’ll take my JTR mileage any day towing a teardrop or not.

saltlife4shore

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
We headed down to Myrtle Beach last week and took our mountain bikes. I knew the JTR wasnt exactly suited for that road trip and her Chevy Blazer would have been a lot better on gas. But I planned on cruising the strip, topless and doorless, the gas shortage nixed that plan.

We took 81 from NY to VA, then 64 to 95 into SC. On the way back we were mostly on 95.

Round trip was 1896 miles, 33 hours and averaged 17.1 mpg. the avg MPG would have been higher but my girlfriend likes to drive too fast and the mpg dropped into the 14s while she was driving.

Next time we will be taking the Blazer.
Next time let a brother know your going round trip. Some really great deals on the forum marketplace. You could have picked me up a new soft top in SC. ;):like: lol. Hope you had a nice trip.
Sponsored