Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RN
In the Wanted To Buy section, I posted
Cannon

Seriously, I would like to buy an old cannon. 63 views and no response. I mean what is so hard about that?
I saw the post. I do not have a spare cannon that I wish to sell, so I did not reply. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I saw the post. I do not have a spare cannon that I wish to sell, so I did not reply. 🤷🏼‍♂️
That’s the problem, there is no such thing as a SPARE cannon. I mean who doesn’t want one? or three.
When I worked in Hartford we were two blocks from the police station and on any given day the guys on the shop would bring theirs in and touch them off. Never got called on it.

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
That’s the problem, there is no such thing as a SPARE cannon. I mean who doesn’t want one? or three.
When I worked in Hartford we were two blocks from the police station and on any given day the guys on the shop would bring theirs in and touch them off. Never got called on it.

I don’t know how much you plan on spending, but you might try International Military Antiques. They usually have a couple on their website for sale. They are a bit pricey though. I have a replica prarie Howitzer myself. Has a 2” bore, uses a fuse and black powder. It’s small, about 2 foot tall. I used to fire it off on July 4th, but, powder got expensive, and a little harder to find. Plus, don’t want BATF knocking on my door for buying bulk powder. . I’d put a couple cups of flour in front of the wadding, and it made a heck of a cloud when it went off.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic

Sponsored

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Some of us get up at 0330, get off work before 1400….time matters.
I remember those days, only I didn't get off until 1700. Go salary they said, you'll make more money they said. LOL!

Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
@Cavitt not sure what your post was. Looks like it got ban hammered.

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR; 1998 Mercedes SL600
@Cavitt not sure what your post was. Looks like it got ban hammered.
Wow, I was just asking why I/We were being bombarded by ads last night. It was like when you are on the site and aren't signed in as a member. You get the ads like crazy. It was happening again today and I messaged Jeff (site admin) about it. I didn't get a direct response, but the ads went away minutes later.

As far as the post being removed, I might have mentioned that the ads were perhaps a way of paying the fine folks that do such a great job of reviewing content on this site... I meant no disparagement. Based on the rapid removal of that post, it looks like money well spent!

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Wow, I was just asking why I/We were being bombarded by ads last night. It was like when you are on the site and aren't signed in as a member. You get the ads like crazy. It was happening again today and I messaged Jeff (site admin) about it. I didn't get a direct response, but the ads went away minutes later.

As far as the post being removed, I might have mentioned that the ads were perhaps a way of paying the fine folks that do such a great job of reviewing content on this site... I meant no disparagement. Based on the rapid removal of that post, it looks like money well spent!
And my ad didn't get removed! 😂
Sponsored