Sponsored

Odd Feeling on the Brakes When Parking

Rei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Hi,

Pardon the newb question; I honestly know nothing about trucks so please bear with me.

Leaving for lunch today, I was preparing to back out of a parking spot. Whenever I pressed down on the brakes, it felt like the Gladiator was applying more force on the brakes. I could feel the calipers hitting the rotors. It wasn't anything drastic, but just out of the norm for me.

It made me realize that sometimes when I do park the Gladiator, after I shift into Park, I sometimes feel the same thing.

I couldn't figure out what it was. I thought maybe it was the electronic brake system? Maybe hill assist?

Having never owned a Jeep before, is this behavior normal?
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Hi,

Pardon the newb question; I honestly know nothing about trucks so please bear with me.

Leaving for lunch today, I was preparing to back out of a parking spot. Whenever I pressed down on the brakes, it felt like the Gladiator was applying more force on the brakes. I could feel the calipers hitting the rotors. It wasn't anything drastic, but just out of the norm for me.

It made me realize that sometimes when I do park the Gladiator, after I shift into Park, I sometimes feel the same thing.

I couldn't figure out what it was. I thought maybe it was the electronic brake system? Maybe hill assist?

Having never owned a Jeep before, is this behavior normal?
Maybe take it to the dealership and explain or show it to them.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Sounds like the park brake is slamming. Part of the auto park system unifies the parking brake circuit to avoid overloading the parking pawl. The wife'mobile (commissioner gordon flashes a frowny face on the clouds to let me know that man'man is needed) has a weird thing where if you are sitting in park and idling, say with a foot absent mindedly on the brake, say listening to Terry Gross pick that emotional scab, but with utmost sensitivity and love, on whoever she is interviewing, the whole car might out of nowhere just "judder" like you fell forward a moment in time. Freaky but harmless. I suspect you may be feeling something similar and are noticing it specifically because the whole vehicle is new and strange.
Sponsored