First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR ,2023 Grand Cherokee ,2011 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Construction
$2500 is what I would pay, current pricing is too high, and yes, would buy again. A lot of screws to take off but they're mostly the same screws so not as bad as it looks.
I actully didn't follow through with the purchase because of the $400 I would of had to spend on top of the $3000 to get the needed oem parts. Several times I thought that at $2500 it would have been already ordered.

That being said, everything I have seen about them online has been nothing but great reviews and I'm sure the current global supply chain has had an impact on the final pricing. They seem to be a quality solution and I still may upgrade in the future but the current alpine system I already have will do for now.
Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I just looked and its 3,000 if you have the alpine 8.4 system already. I put this system in my 2017 Tacoma. It sounded good and way better than my factory system. My current 8.4 alpine system sounds every bit as good as I remember this one sounding. I might be interested in better speakers but it really does not sound bad for a factory system.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
3K is what I paid for a new receiver, my entire 5.1.2 Atmos setup (minus the subs) and a 65” LG OLED lol. That’s crazy. To be fair I got insane deals early in 2020 on what should have cost me over 5K.

Alanscott_1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
While $3k isn’t cheap, it looks to be a really well thought out system. Factory harness integration, two amps, dedicated tweeters and mid range drivers, custom sub w/enclosure and a calibrated dsp. I would be hard pressed to put together a similar system that cost less than that.

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
While $3k isn’t cheap, it looks to be a really well thought out system. Factory harness integration, two amps, dedicated tweeters and mid range drivers, custom sub w/enclosure and a calibrated dsp. I would be hard pressed to put together a similar system that cost less than that.
That's what I was thinking too. Plus the fact that you don't have to splice into the factory wiring is a huge plus for me. I will probably get this later this year year if not then next year.

Sponsored

vpkb1998

First Name
Vey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Employed
Maybe so but power output is lower than ideal for the price. If I didn't have to fork out extra for the non-sub rear panel, it wouldn't be so bad. The only reason I chose this system is because I wanted to keep the factory Nav unit, otherwise, it would have been a full custom setup.

Alanscott_1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Maybe so but power output is lower than ideal for the price. If I didn't have to fork out extra for the non-sub rear panel, it wouldn't be so bad. The only reason I chose this system is because I wanted to keep the factory Nav unit, otherwise, it would have been a full custom setup.
Thats my dilemma, I know for the same money I could piece together a more powerful system, with a nice dsp and tune it to my hearts content.

But, there is something to be said for a turn key package that doesn’t require me to spend days or weeks figuring out wiring harnesses, building sub enclosures, and tuning the system with a laptop and RTA.

vpkb1998

First Name
Vey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Employed
Tuning is great but not a deal breaker for me. $2500 is a good price, otherwise, a tab high, IMO.

Nuttall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR ,2023 Grand Cherokee ,2011 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Construction
Guys, after listening to the sound tuning Spotify playlist Daniel @ OEM+ sent me and other playlists on Spotify, the sound and staging is great. The factory Alpine system was a bit muffled and the sub was muddied, hence my purchase. My favorite component of the OEM+ system is the sub for sure. It's in a 200% quality built fiberglass custom enclosure that fits in the rear storage cubbies against the back wall.

@ $3K (after $500 disc) plus another $400 for non-Alpine back panel and storage cubbies, it's a bit steep.

Daniel said they were able to restore the power invert back under the dash, and if this is true, I will be very happy.

Except from some minor oversights and the high cost, overall, I'm very happy with the system's design (plug and play), sound staging and tuning, It's genius.

I have yet to have a listening comparison with the factory Alpine system but I can honestly say that OEM+ is much better and will sustain clarity at higher volume.
@vpkb1998

Any updates on this system since it has been installed about a year now? Has the sticker shock worn off and youre glad you have it? Any issues with quality? Thanks again for any updates!

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
@vpkb1998

Any updates on this system since it has been installed about a year now? Has the sticker shock worn off and youre glad you have it? Any issues with quality? Thanks again for any updates!

I don't have the complete system but I did win a 8 speaker package from them (dash tweets, knee panel speakers, sound bar tweets and speakers). I installed the dash tweets and all four sound bar speakers, it was a noticeable improvement from stock but didn't give me the highs I was looking for. To be fair, it wasn't the complete system so all I had driving them was the stock head unit so there was no amp running them. I had already ordered a sub box and replacement speakers from Crutchfield, the sound bar adapters just hadn't arrived yet and I went past my return window waiting for them so when that stuff came I pulled the OEM's out otherwise I would of left them in. I'm still not happy with the highs so I'll be adding a amp to run everything else in the near future.
I probably sell the OEM's whenever I get time to get them listed here

Sponsored

vpkb1998

First Name
Vey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Employed
@vpkb1998

Still running strong and I'm glad I upgraded but still cannot reinstall the power inverter that I had to remove from the same space. Would like to get that bed A/C outlet working again. The owner of OEM+ was supposed to get some pictures from another customer but I've yet to see anything and I believe they've moved on from my case. He's great and want to make sure you're happy, I'm 95% happy

Mids/Highs still great but bass is boomy on certain tracks.

I'm happy but still think it's $1k too much IMO, especially since I have to buy a new rear trim panel.

Russel

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Gladiator, 2015 Jk Rubicon 2 Door
Occupation
Water and Ice Tech
Been following these guys on the interwebs for a while and they claim to be putting out a system for upgrading the JL/JT sound. Supposed to be superb, all the while maintaining factory look. Any insight on this? They are not new to the market, lots of good reviews from Toyota owners. I'm pleased with the 8.4 nav system in my JT but with summer fast approaching, I feel the the set up is weak when doorless, topless, etc.
OEM+SubLogo-2Tone2-300x120.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 1.15.07 PM.png
JT_Speaker.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: