OEM Audio Plus

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Max Tow
I placed an order for this system. You will have to fork out add'l approx $400 if have the Alpline subwoofer, for the non-sub back panel, and the non-sub storage tray.

6LJ60TX7AC Cab Back Trim Panel$255.851$255.85
6LJ64TX7AA Storage Bin$94.961$94.96
Interested to hear your thoughts after you receive and get installed. Considering this for my JT. Fingers crossed for you, and perhaps for me as well.
Sponsored

vpkb1998

First Name
Vey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Employed
Interested to hear your thoughts after you receive and get installed. Considering this for my JT. Fingers crossed for you, and perhaps for me as well.
Hit a snag, missing critical harnesses but they are sending another box so in the meantime, it's on pause and my truck is in pieces. Besides the oversight, packaging, harnesses, quality, and customer service is top notch.

I have the power inverter so it cannot go back in as that space is now occupied by the OEM+ sub amp and bracket.

Jeep Gladiator OEM Audio Plus 20210629_132736

Jeep Gladiator OEM Audio Plus 20210629_132218

Jeep Gladiator OEM Audio Plus 20210629_150102

Jeep Gladiator OEM Audio Plus 20210629_145731

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Max Tow
Hit a snag, missing critical harnesses but they are sending another box so in the meantime, it's on pause and my truck is in pieces. Besides the oversight, packaging, harnesses, quality, and customer service is top notch.

I have the power inverter so it cannot go back in as that space is now occupied by the OEM+ sub amp and bracket.

Wow. Definitely torn apart. Hate to hear about the snag but you definitely look ready to go once they get you the harness. Good to hear otherwise everything looks top notch, probably as expected. Thanks for update. Good luck finishing install, and definitely interested in impression when you’re finally in business.

scenic_smurf

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator (as soon as delivered)
Occupation
Hospitality

Bummer. I have so many questions but will hold off until your Install is complete.

In spite of the snag, I am really glad to learn the other details you referenced (especially regarding customer service...). I just placed my order on this last night, and will definitely need installation support :CWL:

I won't probably get to my install for a few weeks with my schedule (also the schedule of a friend I am volunteering), but will definitely be taking pictures along the way, and providing a review of the sound.

@vpkb1998 were there any tools needed not referenced in the tool list they supply on the video?

vpkb1998

First Name
Vey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Employed
Bummer. I have so many questions but will hold off until your Install is complete.

In spite of the snag, I am really glad to learn the other details you referenced (especially regarding customer service...). I just placed my order on this last night, and will definitely need installation support :CWL:

I won't probably get to my install for a few weeks with my schedule (also the schedule of a friend I am volunteering), but will definitely be taking pictures along the way, and providing a review of the sound.

@vpkb1998 were there any tools needed not referenced in the tool list they supply on the video?
No, just standard sockets and screw drivers but you will need an Star socket, E16 i believe to remove the seat bolts. The speaker kit comes with panel removal tools and a #8 magnetic socket for your power drill. Most of the screws are same #8 so not really a need to keep track. Their video is a good guidance.

Sponsored

Gumbo Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon ecoDiesel
Occupation
Installation Manager
Good to know. I have the Alpine system and was considering ordering one of these in the next few days. Will most likely piece something else together now after reading your review.

vpkb1998

First Name
Vey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Employed
Guys, I rescinded my review pendind an in person comparison.

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
The price of this product is beyond what I am willing or able to spend (and I have already been accumulating components that I intend to use if my work hopefully slows down enough to let me dedicate adequate unhurried time to install). But I watched their video and am exceptionally impressed - both with how complete and thorough a set-up and integration it is, and how well they talk you through the install in a really clear, complete, systematic way, and without any extraneous bluster or BS or blowing their own horn. To me that is a vivid signal of a what's probably a very solid product and solid company - and I have no connection, never heard of them before seeing this discussion thread.

Nuttall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR ,2023 Grand Cherokee ,2011 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Construction
Interested in hearing feedback on how this compares to the factory upgraded alpine system. Definitely not impressed with the factory system once the top and doors are off. Following!

Haley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 1981 CJ8
Occupation
Landscaping
Interested in hearing feedback on how this compares to the factory upgraded alpine system. Definitely not impressed with the factory system once the top and doors are off. Following!
I'm interested as well. For me, the HEIGH10 unit ain't part of it. Trying to sort out a homebrew that's as plug and play as I can get.

Sponsored

vpkb1998

First Name
Vey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Employed
Guys, after listening to the sound tuning Spotify playlist Daniel @ OEM+ sent me and other playlists on Spotify, the sound and staging is great. The factory Alpine system was a bit muffled and the sub was muddied, hence my purchase. My favorite component of the OEM+ system is the sub for sure. It's in a 200% quality built fiberglass custom enclosure that fits in the rear storage cubbies against the back wall.

@ $3K (after $500 disc) plus another $400 for non-Alpine back panel and storage cubbies, it's a bit steep.

Daniel said they were able to restore the power invert back under the dash, and if this is true, I will be very happy.

Except from some minor oversights and the high cost, overall, I'm very happy with the system's design (plug and play), sound staging and tuning, It's genius.

I have yet to have a listening comparison with the factory Alpine system but I can honestly say that OEM+ is much better and will sustain clarity at higher volume.

Nuttall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR ,2023 Grand Cherokee ,2011 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Construction
Guys, after listening to the sound tuning Spotify playlist Daniel @ OEM+ sent me and other playlists on Spotify, the sound and staging is great. The factory Alpine system was a bit muffled and the sub was muddied, hence my purchase. My favorite component of the OEM+ system is the sub for sure. It's in a 200% quality built fiberglass custom enclosure that fits in the rear storage cubbies against the back wall.

@ $3K (after $500 disc) plus another $400 for non-Alpine back panel and storage cubbies, it's a bit steep.

Daniel said they were able to restore the power invert back under the dash, and if this is true, I will be very happy.

Except from some minor oversights and the high cost, overall, I'm very happy with the system's design (plug and play), sound staging and tuning, It's genius.

I have yet to have a listening comparison with the factory Alpine system but I can honestly say that OEM+ is much better and will sustain clarity at higher volume.
Another question....

Is the factory alpine amp removed so you would be able to offer the factory alpine upgrade to another JT owner? Looks like every other piece needed to upgrade a base alpine to the upgraded system would be left over after the install of the OEM+ system. Would be able to offset the cost a few hundred dollars and help out another forum member.

Thanks again for the updates!

vpkb1998

First Name
Vey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Employed
Another question....

Is the factory alpine amp removed so you would be able to offer the factory alpine upgrade to another JT owner? Looks like every other piece needed to upgrade a base alpine to the upgraded system would be left over after the install of the OEM+ system. Would be able to offset the cost a few hundred dollars and help out another forum member.

Thanks again for the updates!
No, the harnesses integrate factory amp with OEM+ main amp. Only the speakers, sub, rear panel and storage cubbies are removed. I broke the clips and put a small crack in the rear panel during the removal process, although, it can still be reinstalled.

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Im Glad I searched for this thread. I have had the OEM Audio Plus website pulled up on my phone for a month or two now. I have a Sport S with the 7" head unit. I miss my sub from my JKU and found them but have not been able to find anyone that has purchased it and installed it in their JT.

My question to you is would you buy it again? As stated the price is up there for a system upgrade. Just want to make sure It is worth it if I am going to spend that kind of money on it.

vpkb1998

First Name
Vey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Employed
$2500 is what I would pay, current pricing is too high, and yes, would buy again. A lot of screws to take off but they're mostly the same screws so not as bad as it looks.
Sponsored