Sponsored

OEM Aux switch install question

TURRICAN

New Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jun 25, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Mesa, Az
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Project Manager
So I decided to install the factory aux switch kit and had a question for anyone that has installed one. Thank you for any advice in advance. I was working on it all day in the Arizona heat and got everything installed. Turned them on using the Tazer. Switch lights come on when pressed but my lights don’t turn on. I’m thinking maybe I damaged one of the fragile connectors or maybe didn’t get one pushed in far enough but not sure. Also, there are two wires remaining that are not mentioned in the instructions or any of the videos I have watched. See pic below. After doing the orange wire swap and adding the connector I still have these two in the bottom left corner of the pic. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Thank you again for any help or advice on what i should check.

Jeep Gladiator OEM Aux switch install question IMG_5770
Sponsored

 

Mightytalldude

Well-Known Member
First Name
MTD
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Threads
2
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
3,693
Location
North of the Mexico border
Vehicle(s)
Un-Sport S
So I decided to install the factory aux switch kit and had a question for anyone that has installed one. Thank you for any advice in advance. I was working on it all day in the Arizona heat and got everything installed. Turned them on using the Tazer. Switch lights come on when pressed but my lights don’t turn on. I’m thinking maybe I damaged one of the fragile connectors or maybe didn’t get one pushed in far enough but not sure. Also, there are two wires remaining that are not mentioned in the instructions or any of the videos I have watched. See pic below. After doing the orange wire swap and adding the connector I still have these two in the bottom left corner of the pic. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Thank you again for any help or advice on what i should check.

IMG_5770.webp
Hmm. Check connections all around, something has to be loose. Knowing what I know now with the Z Automotive auxZiliary module, I would have directed you to go that way for a clean neat install that doesn't require as much effort to install, and does the same thing, but more organized. The extra wires are always on, and switched, so you can add accessories inside.
 

tysongladiator

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tyson
Joined
Jun 8, 2019
Threads
48
Messages
998
Reaction score
1,304
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
1
Hmm. Check connections all around, something has to be loose. Knowing what I know now with the Z Automotive auxZiliary module, I would have directed you to go that way for a clean neat install that doesn't require as much effort to install, and does the same thing, but more organized. The extra wires are always on, and switched, so you can add accessories inside.
I'd have to agree. I have the Lasfit switch setup on the left. Looks factory and no wire guessing.
 

JeepOfTheseus

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 26, 2021
Threads
60
Messages
1,108
Reaction score
1,999
Location
Bay Area
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
OP
OP
TURRICAN

TURRICAN

New Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jun 25, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Mesa, Az
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Project Manager
Thanks for the reply’s guys. I really wish I would have gone with the z auto or lasfit option at this point. So here is and update and some things I’ve learned.
I read that the extra two wires usually come when factory installed for constant on and switched power but for some reason they were on my kit. The wierd thing as mentioned above is they are pinned. I already did the thing with the orrange wire pulling it out of the larger plug and adding the connector on the right. There is an extra connector in the kit though in addition to the one used for the orange wire. See pic below.
Other things I may have done wrong.
as soon as I got in I got the ESS light on the dash and the switches stopped lighting up.
it was 110 degrees in Az and I had the doors open all day while working so may have killed aux battery. Tested aux battery and got 12.6. Just installed new aux battery and left IBS sensor off for an hour and let truck sit overnight will try and start this morning.
If that works I will replace main battery too.
Going to go back and look at wiring again. It’s a mystery why these two wires and second black wire connector are included in this kit though. Thanks again to you guys I really appreciate your help
 
OP
OP
TURRICAN

TURRICAN

New Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jun 25, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Mesa, Az
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Project Manager
This is the extra connector. This is in addition to the one for the orange wire used for the one that gets pulled out of the large wire connector. My kit shipped with two loose black wire connectors

Jeep Gladiator OEM Aux switch install question IMG_5773
Sponsored

 
Last edited:
 







Top