Off-road Alliance Support is Grumpy..

aphillips76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL, S550 Mustang Convertible
Occupation
Geek
Not sure what’s up. I ordered a smart cap and some rails back in June based upon a quote I got from an email. When the cap came in and the rails didn’t, I asked about the rails. They said by the end of June they should ship. I was cool with that.

Ff to today, I message again and ask and they say beginning of August. I mention that I had been told June. And I get told…

“The load bars had a backorder notice on our website when you ordered.” Or as I read it, it’s your own damn fault.

Note that I ordered this from a quote so I didn’t see any such notification. When I question the tone I get told…

“Seeing that we're closed on the weekends, yet I'm still attempting to help answer your email, offer you an alternative product that is able to ship within a handful of business days or offering you a refund seems like a very positive thing. Regardless, let me know how you'd like to proceed and I'll be happy to help.”

Am I being grumpy or is this a crappy tone for a company who I just spent thousands of dollars with to have?

It is acceptable to say that this is on me. I’ve had a bad week. Just not used to this kind of response from CS folks.
Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Hey, you got a reply, and options. I've had company's not even respond when inquiring about a late order. I would consider you a Lucky Dog. Maybe a Lucky Dog owner, I'm not sure. Do you even have a dog named Lucky? You do have options and communication, it ain't that bad. They are working with you.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
I’m accustomed to that kind of attitude when dealing with entities that view themselves as a sort of ”gatekeeper” to a particular product and/or service. When I run into that kind of thing, I just vote with my wallet and go elsewhere.

T3RROR

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
As of now, I would definitely not recommend ever ordering through Off-Road Alliance. I have had issues with them and experienced the same really poor communication/cs from them.

I ordered the RSI Smartcap EVOA from them on May 1st with an "estimated ship date" of 5/29. I didn't hear anything from them so I decided to check for an update on my order on 5/31. The response was really condescending and offputting. Pretty much telling me they are estimated ship dates but they are expecting a shipment in mid-June and another one in early July. So I gave them until mid-June and asked again. They gave me a ton of attitude and pretty much said "When we have it in stock we will ship it, you will get your smartcap when you get it." I asked them if they could at least tell me if the cap was in the mid-June or early July and they said they didn't have that level of information.

I wasn't very happy so I took to FB and sent RSI a message saying the retailer wasn't very helpful. The next day I got a call from someone claiming to be the owner of Off-Road Alliance and he was anything but helpful. He was condescending and nothing he said made any sense or gave me any reassurance that I would get my cap in a timely manner. I questioned why he would provide estimated ship dates for products he didn't even have or couldn't even track. He said "I stand by my estimated ship date I gave you" I reminded him that date was almost 3 weeks past and he still couldn't tell me where the cap was??!!

I let it go until after 6/29 and asked again. They told me the caps were in port in the US but they didn't know which caps were in that shipment and to check back in 2 weeks.

On the 4th of July, I got an email telling me a lot of their stock was on sale for the day so I decided to check to see if my cap was on sale, then I noticed they took off the "estimated ship date" and replaced it with "10 in stock ready to ship". I took a screenshot and sent it to them asking them if my cap had shipped yet, since they are now advertising to new customers they have them in stock and ready to ship, I was told my cap was being processed and I should have a tracking order in the next 7-10 days. That was 6 days ago and I have heard nothing.

It's crazy to me that retailers can conduct themselves in this way. Selling something they don't have, then provide estimated ship dates they know they can't hit. It's frustrating. I have an additional $7800 worth of gear saved on their site ready to order but I am holding off until I get my cap. I doubt I will order anything from them every again after this experience.

For the original poster, aphillips, it looks like you ordered your cap after I did and got it before me, would you mind confirming if you ordered the EVOA model as I did?

OP
OP
aphillips76

aphillips76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL, S550 Mustang Convertible
Occupation
Geek
As of now, I would definitely not recommend ever ordering through Off-Road Alliance. I have had issues with them and experienced the same really poor communication/cs from them.

I ordered the RSI Smartcap EVOA from them on May 1st with an "estimated ship date" of 5/29. I didn't hear anything from them so I decided to check for an update on my order on 5/31. The response was really condescending and offputting. Pretty much telling me they are estimated ship dates but they are expecting a shipment in mid-June and another one in early July. So I gave them until mid-June and asked again. They gave me a ton of attitude and pretty much said "When we have it in stock we will ship it, you will get your smartcap when you get it." I asked them if they could at least tell me if the cap was in the mid-June or early July and they said they didn't have that level of information.

I wasn't very happy so I took to FB and sent RSI a message saying the retailer wasn't very helpful. The next day I got a call from someone claiming to be the owner of Off-Road Alliance and he was anything but helpful. He was condescending and nothing he said made any sense or gave me any reassurance that I would get my cap in a timely manner. I questioned why he would provide estimated ship dates for products he didn't even have or couldn't even track. He said "I stand by my estimated ship date I gave you" I reminded him that date was almost 3 weeks past and he still couldn't tell me where the cap was??!!

I let it go until after 6/29 and asked again. They told me the caps were in port in the US but they didn't know which caps were in that shipment and to check back in 2 weeks.

On the 4th of July, I got an email telling me a lot of their stock was on sale for the day so I decided to check to see if my cap was on sale, then I noticed they took off the "estimated ship date" and replaced it with "10 in stock ready to ship". I took a screenshot and sent it to them asking them if my cap had shipped yet, since they are now advertising to new customers they have them in stock and ready to ship, I was told my cap was being processed and I should have a tracking order in the next 7-10 days. That was 6 days ago and I have heard nothing.

It's crazy to me that retailers can conduct themselves in this way. Selling something they don't have, then provide estimated ship dates they know they can't hit. It's frustrating. I have an additional $7800 worth of gear saved on their site ready to order but I am holding off until I get my cap. I doubt I will order anything from them every again after this experience.

For the original poster, aphillips, it looks like you ordered your cap after I did and got it before me, would you mind confirming if you ordered the EVOA model as I did?
I ordered a commercial version because they were in stock and not that much different other than color. The only difference I could find was the lack of MOLLE panels on the doors. When I ordered it, they said it wouldn’t have the sliding front window, but it did so, yay me.

Sponsored

T3RROR

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Gotcha. That makes me feel a little better knowing it was a different model of cap. Thanks for the quick reply. Best of luck getting the bars!

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
@T3RROR

Your cap and a ton of other Smartcaps shipped out today! We build custom pallets for each cap, complete with an exoskeleton to protect them during transit. I know the owner, Jeff, spoke with you again today after reading your message. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

o1pGFHb.jpg

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
@aphillips76

We do apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. We strive to provide customer support, even when we're closed. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist.
Sponsored