First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mojave
Occupation
Retired
I bought my 21 Mojave used with a 140lb bumper and 60lb winch up front. I finally ordered a new bumper when California DMV finally returned $800 they owed me on Jeep registration and felt the wife couldn’t complain about that. Not that she would, but it’s all about that emotional bank account.

I took the winch off my Mojave in preparation for my new bumper. With the doors off for the summer the body roll and overall performance of the suspension noticeably improved. Removing 60lbs from the already over weight bumper raised the suspension 1/2” And is noticeable in “speed bump tests”. Doesn’t get into the jounce stops. Just feels softer.
Can’t wait to get my reasonable weight bumper on (Barnes Pritchett canyon)

Fun story. If you go to harbor freight and look up the weight of a synthetic rope 12000lb winch… it’ll say 85 lbs. I think they flipped the digits. Even in the box it’s no where near that. 26 kilos even (about 57 lbs) without the ground cable)
Sponsored

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
3 months into my Mojave ownership and this truck never ceases to amaze me.
there are are lot of good hills and unmaintained backroads near and far in SoCal to explore and get experience off-roading. I can’t wait for the desert season to get here so we can get out there camping without roasting to a crisp.
This is also my first truck with a tow package and I’m itching to try it out with a trailer in tow. Enough that I’m pondering renting one for a day just to drive it around town. Lol.
happy wheeling. 👍

Bubblehead755

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Currently IT; retired subs
I started looking into this yesterday. Do you happen to know if those air bag 1000s would fit my 3.5 lift? Been trying to find a definite answer and photo on the forum but no luck
I don’t, and couldn’t find anything immediately either. Maybe call Airlift, give dimensions of your coil springs and see what they recommend for sizing??

Max-t

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mojave
Occupation
Retired
Just took my truck up black mountain trail (Ramona ca) with the doors off and my new light weight bumper (never had oem bumper to compare). Pretty crazy.
With my 200lbs of bumper weight and similar in doors it took me about 1.25 hours to get up there.
Took me less than that to go round trip today. Didn’t feel it bottom out at all;it probably did once or twice but so much slower it didn’t feel the same.

Coming down the mountain was a completely different animal as well.

Really had to exert self control to stay at a reasonable or close to reasonable/legal speed.

It’s pretty dusty inside now, but taking the doors off just changes the suspension capabilities so much.

Sponsored

Bubblehead755

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Currently IT; retired subs
Yes, AEV 2"; just regeared as well to 4.88, + Eaton e-locker in the front. While it rode very well without the regear, it performs like stock again now!
Also, it's worth mentioning that after installing the Chinese/mopar like steel bumper (stubby) and installing a Badlands winch, I lost about 3/4" of lift in the front. Once I get a RTT installed, I expect it'll level out nicely, and should ride well. More to come...

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
Its the coolest truck i have ever owned. I'm waiting on 37s to show up, ( i have an idea on how to clear em with no lift for the time being). also can't wait to 392 hemi swap it cus i want more power. Also the most non sketch vehicle ive ever jumped. soaked a 3 ft drop on sand like it was nothing. wish i had it on video.

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
3 months into my Mojave ownership and this truck never ceases to amaze me.
there are are lot of good hills and unmaintained backroads near and far in SoCal to explore and get experience off-roading. I can’t wait for the desert season to get here so we can get out there camping without roasting to a crisp.
This is also my first truck with a tow package and I’m itching to try it out with a trailer in tow. Enough that I’m pondering renting one for a day just to drive it around town. Lol.
happy wheeling. 👍
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/towing-discussion.76379/

it tows quite well.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I managed to keep the weight increase to about 70 lb. over the stock plastic bumper with the Arcus bumper, HF 12k winch, synthetic rope, and replacing the heavy Arcus hooks with Rugged Ridge XHD tow points. That helped a lot on jounce/rebound vs. 34 lb. heavier.
Sponsored