Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
I’m running the same setup as you and had to mount my stabilizer the opposite direction so it wouldn’t come in contact with the tie rod bar. Also had to rotate the clamp on the tie rod bar towards the back some.
I’ll need to look into that, appreciate the heads up. Under what conditions was your stabilizer contacting the tie rod bar?

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
I’ll need to look into that, appreciate the heads up. Under what conditions was your stabilizer contacting the tie rod bar?
Full lock to driver side. Had someone turn the wheel and hold it while I checked and adjusted.

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Full lock to driver side. Had someone turn the wheel and hold it while I checked and adjusted.
I’ll check that out in the daylight tomorrow morning. 👍

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
It’s been several weeks but finally something new. Thanks to a few members who already have the Barnes 4WD Pritchett Canyon bumper who posted pics of their rigs, I broke down and ordered the same bumper. I have been looking at it off and on along with just about every other JT bumper I could find online, and kept coming back to this one. I did really want to reuse the factory LED fogs and I can completely confirm it isn’t happening unless I figure something out. Without modification though, they definitely do not work.

8FF24D8C-C250-44E4-B732-3683A488F952.jpeg

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
I have a couple motorcycles with full titanium exhausts and I like the visible welds and raw metal look, and the welds/build of this bumper are so clean I considered just clear coating it or occasionally just rubbing it down with WD40 like I do the bike exhausts. Ultimately I decided on paint, so now it’s all cleaned up and sporting a nice primer gray. I’m going to give it a couple days to cure, then wet sand out some spots, and give it a light third coat of primer before it gets some black.

C6D5390F-0928-4014-B5C6-D43EB9BA3570.jpeg

Dlish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
Looks great.
wonder how clear powder coat would work instead of having to wd40.

that bumper is awesome

joe did my gear swap, good people.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Looks great.
wonder how clear powder coat would work instead of having to wd40.

that bumper is awesome

joe did my gear swap, good people.
Clear powder coat is a great idea! The welds were great and It would have done it proper justice to show it off like that. Here’s the problem though - it wouldn’t have matched anything else so then I would have to get the back bumper too. And probably switch the wheels out to polished aluminum or something to pick up the bumpers. Then probably a call to Barnes to try to get a pair of those Pritchett Canyon rocker guards made for the JT …. all of a sudden there I am, thousands of dollars later (again!). yeah, going with a black bumper. Still need to go back to Joe for gears. soon as the winch and lights are done, gears are next in line.

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
New bumper and winch installed today! Bad weather outside so a good day to be in the garage. I don’t have much room between the bumper and the wall so I don’t have a good front shot yet but without the skid plate it does a nice job of showing off the hardware underneath.

FDAAA96C-3AC6-4E09-83F4-E0F9C903F103.jpeg

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Pay no attention to those scratches I already have on it. Some sandpaper and a few minutes with a rattle can and they will be good as new. 😕

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
The Superwinch SX10 dropped in there with no issues. I’m not crazy about the look of the wires from the control box to the winch motor and battery. I’ll spend some time this evening searching builds to see if I can find some remote mounting options others have tried. Also would appreciate any advice on that if you have remote mounted your control box and want to share any pros and cons.

0C2F1300-7470-432B-BBFE-800C234F1672.jpeg

4A295819-A8BA-44CE-B051-9DA03C96B4E5.jpeg

9740D3FC-D18F-417B-ADFA-379AAD2512C3.jpeg

CA90BB53-603C-49ED-A222-2A108CCC6F01.jpeg
Sponsored