OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Hello, I am sorry to see your post here about our company while we are emailing. You are correct that we are a small business, and we strive to offer the top customer service that you expect from any business. We work to provide this service within the the necessary policies we have in place.

To address your concerns here, our system does not have the capacity to provide out of stock notes prior to sale; this is why we indiviually email customers promptly so you are aware of the delay and can ask any questions. You are also correct in that we recommended that part number for your Jeep. This should of installed seamlessly as it has on others. However, the mounting brackets did not line up for whatever reason (small package changes elsewhere can change the bumper unwittingly). Confirmed by photos, we did offer to exchange it at no cost with a return label to cover the shipping back.

Unfortunately, the fog lights were received with scratching out of the box as you can see in the photos. We can't speculate how this happened since we've never seen this happen during shipping, but we cannot accept product back as new to be restocked in this condition. The options we provided were either sending this set back to you to make this work within your Jeep -- possibly adding a bracket? Or we offered a deep discount to purchase the ones needed for your Jeep.

We understand that everyone will not always agree with our decisions; however, we try to be transparent when working with customers to provide the most options possible that stand by the policies that we have. While we offer concessions up to a certain point, these policies protect our business and the interests of all of our retail customers and partners. I am sure many of you have to make decisions as such for your companies or business.

We value being on the forums to connect with customers up close and so you can see inside the operations of a small business. We have to also ensure that our business is being properly portrayed while standing behind products and services we offer. Our customer service team is connected to the forums so everyone is aware when issues arise.

We are happy to assist with either of the above options or address any other concerns; please reply to the existing email chain you have with our manager for this.
Thank you for the reply. By stating, "while we are emailing", you are suggesting I chose to post on the forum instead of using the email chain. However, in that email chain your representative clearly stated the policy and that there was nothing further to discuss. This is what lead me to seek guidance on the forum.

At no point did anyone at Oracle suggest using or adding a bracket to make the fog lights work on my Jeep JT. Such a solution would have been fine with me.

I find it interesting that your return policy clearly states I must inspect the package upon receipt and immediately notify the shipping company if there is any damage. This leaves me wondering why Oracle does not follow the same guidance if they experience damage in shipping.

I cannot access my email account until this evening. I would be happy to continue the discussion there, but as I stated, I attempted to use that email chain and got nowhere. (To be clear, in no way do I intend to criticize the Oracle representative who contacted me via email. She was polite and professional. I understand she is merely following company policy.)
Sponsored

Last edited:

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Seems like if the fitment of the fog lights would have been correct, and it was a fully functional part as intended, this thread would be dramatically different.

After reading through all the comments, as a consumer who was thinking about upgrading his lighting as well, I hesitate because I don't know if I'd want to try something that may or may not fit and may end up being a hassle. Let me put it another way, it's not swaying me towards buying aftermarket lighting at the moment.

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like if the fitment of the fog lights would have been correct, and it was a fully functional part as intended, this thread would be dramatically different.

After reading through all the comments, as a consumer who was thinking about upgrading his lighting as well, I hesitate because I don't know if I'd want to try something that may or may not fit and may end up being a hassle. Let me put it another way, it's not swaying me towards buying aftermarket lighting at the moment.
Indeed, Internet forums are the proverbial double-edged sword. Oracle made a sale by contacting me on the forum when I asked about headlight options. And now I'm using the forum to express my concerns about issues with returning a product which did not fit as advertised.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Thank you for the reply. By stating, "while we are emailing", you are suggesting I chose to post on the forum instead of using the email chain. However, in that email chain your representative clearly stated the policy and that there was nothing further to discuss. This is what lead me to seek guidance on the forum.

At no point did anyone at Oracle suggest using or adding a bracket to make the fog lights work on my Jeep JT. Such a solution would have been fine with me.

Furthermore, I find it interesting that your return policy clearly states I must inspect the package upon receipt and immediately notify the shipping company if there is any damage. This leaves me wondering why Oracle does not follow the same guidance if they experience damage in shipping.

I cannot access my email account until this evening. I would be happy to continue the discussion there, but as I stated, I attempted to use that email chain and got nowhere. (To be clear, in no way do I intend to criticize the Oracle representative who contacted me via email. She was polite and professional. I understand she is merely following company policy.)

Not what I'm suggesting - but that there are concerns that seemed to be unaddressed by email that we could assist with there.

We can't speculate on how the damage occurred, only if the arrival condition matches our policy on acceptance. Nevertheless, we are reviewing options internally for this specific case. Please check your email when you have a moment this evening; and hopefully, this will provide a more satisfactory solution for you.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Not a good look.

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not what I'm suggesting - but that there are concerns that seemed to be unaddressed by email that we could assist with there.

We can't speculate on how the damage occurred, only if the arrival condition matches our policy on acceptance. Nevertheless, we are reviewing options internally for this specific case. Please check your email when you have a moment this evening; and hopefully, this will provide a more satisfactory solution for you.
Roger that and thank you again.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
The good cop, bad cop in this thread is going to do more damage then would have been done just standing firm on the established policy and letting someone bitch about you. Honestly your responses have turned me off to you as a company more than the post.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Thanks all for your input. We are simply addressing @Klutch's comments since we were tagged by him and want to continue working to solve additional concerns brought up here.

If anyone has concerns of their own, please feel free to message us or call/email for assistance.

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to thank everyone for their input in this discussion. Apparently, the pictures I posted in this thread assisted Oracle Lighting with understanding my situation. They have offered to ship me the correct fog lights for my Jeep Gladiator at no charge.

My objective here was not to attack Oracle Lighting. Their email communication stated company policy and that they could not do anything further. This is why I went online and did not continue to work with Oracle directly. I had the distinct impression they had nothing more to discuss.

Also, I really do like the Oracle Oculus headlights. I posted a very favorable writeup about that installation in the Lighting section here which I hope you will check out.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I want to thank everyone for their input in this discussion. Apparently, the pictures I posted in this thread assisted Oracle Lighting with understanding my situation. They have offered to ship me the correct fog lights for my Jeep Gladiator at no charge.

My objective here was not to attack Oracle Lighting. Their email communication stated company policy and that they could not do anything further. This is why I went online and did not continue to work with Oracle directly. I had the distinct impression they had nothing more to discuss.

Also, I really do like the Oracle Oculus headlights. I posted a very favorable writeup about that installation in the Lighting section here which I hope you will check out.

Glad it worked out for you, and it's a shame this couldn't be resolved without public input.

When you have to beat a vendor into submission, it's a bad look for the vendor even if they DO ultimately do the right thing.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
One wonders if oracle would have done anything without this going public on the forum... somehow I doubt it.
Sponsored