Overland Build - Input

almonster

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Traditionally, I've used my JK for trail running and overlanding to the Black Rock Desert, Hollister, etc... All N. Cal/Nevada adventures. The JK was packed to the gills with gear and I'm hoping with the Gladiator, there will be more interior room.

For the JT Overland my build would include:
- Decked Drawer System ( DECKED Jeep Gladiator Truck Bed Storage System and Organizer )
- Rebel Offroad Half Height Bed Rack ( XPLOR Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack - Half Height (rebeloffroad.com)

The main issue I have is with the bed rack. I think the Off Road Xplor Half-Height has all the features I need EXCEPT being too short. 2/3rds height would be best. Anyone else have this same thought? The main issue is with the Decked installed, there's not a lot of vertical height left. I don't want a full height because I will be putting a RTT up later. I actually prefer ground tents and will try that out for a little while.

I believe 2/3rds will give me enough vertical height to install a fridge if I want and carry all the gear I would possibly need.

I emailed Rebel Offroad and they said they'd do a run of 2/3rd height bed racks if there were 100 other people interested.

Thoughts on this?

Sorry posted in the wrong thread earlier. Don't know how to delete the other one.
Sponsored

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Hi there,
I'm being sincere when I ask this... but what would 2/3rds height look like? From the website, it appears that the Rebel half rack (14" tall) already appears as if it's closer to 2/3rds... Are you thinking something that just comes to the top of the rear window?

I currently own the full height Rebel Rack with an RTT. I really appreciate the height of the rack as it allows me to use the bed to still haul items or add a Deck'd down the road with a "big" fridge. If you want to keep the RTT at a lower height for wind resistance, aesthetics or just a couple less steps up the ladder I completely get it. If you are worried about raising the tent another 5-7in for center of gravity issues then I can honestly say that's a wash.

Half Rack... seems to be taller than 1/2 the cab height (at lease from pics)
Jeep Gladiator Overland Build - Input 1615682733210

My own rig...
Jeep Gladiator Overland Build - Input 1615683141181

This is Gobi Recon Overlanding's initial setup. He ran a full height with a Deck'd system. This might give yo a better idea of what the overall package might look like?
Jeep Gladiator Overland Build - Input 1615683473459

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
OP
OP

almonster

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The reason for the 2/3rds is that I want to run the Drawers system and a Dometic Fridge on it's slider. WIth that combo, the 1/2 Xplor is about 1 1/2 inch too short and I'd rather not go full height. I don't plan on getting a RTT but will mount either a Thule Torpedo up there for other storage, Trax, etc.... I would like to keep most everything under the roof line to help with ease of loading and unloading as well as helping a bit with noise.
Sponsored