Sponsored

Overland in bed drawer system, which would you prefer?

Which drawer option would you prefer?

• OPTION 4: 1 Drawer roughly 58" deep and 30" wide 21 gallon water tank in bed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Commander Overland, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Ultra flexible 3/4" drinking safe hose!

20191220_160737.jpg
Looking good! I'm planning on doing something very similar. I was thinking of 80/20, but the price get's out of hand. I just need to find a buddy who can weld aluminum or go enroll in some classes!

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Looking good! I'm planning on doing something very similar. I was thinking of 80/20, but the price get's out of hand. I just need to find a buddy who can weld aluminum or go enroll in some classes!
I got a buddy with a 4x4 plasma cnc and tig welder, but I wanna learn how to weld myself...... Maybe next project.

Windstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3
Hey guys. I feel like maybe 2 drawers are good but i would go to with 1 drawer 40" to 39" with an 18 gallon tank. I am planning to build something similar. I have been thinking of doing a custom built drawers with a German internal mechanism just because I am more trusting of them and their mechanical genius. I have been taking with a German designer and he showed me a few designs that used those moderne linearführungen für schubladenschiene or a linear railing for drawers. I am still in the process of thinking this through but I feel like it might work. I hope it will turn out okay at the end

Last edited:

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Hey guys. I feel like maybe 2 drawers are good but i would go to with 1 drawer 40" to 39" with an 18 gallon tank. I am planning to build something similar. I have been thinking of doing a custom built drawers with a German internal mechanism just because I am more trusting of them and their mechanical genius. I have been taking with a German designer and he showed me a few designs that used those moderne linearführungen für schubladenschiene or a linear railing for drawers. I am still in the process of thinking this through but I feel like it might work. I hope it will turn out okay at the end
can you provide any more info on the mechanisms?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
i thought about the 18 gallon at first, but then after thinking it through more, i'm happy i'm choosing the 9 gallon, because I can easily carry 2 more 5 gallon jugs of water and store on top of the bed drawers when overlanding. My fill funnel I created should make it easy to refill the tank on the trail.

But for 95% of the time when i'm not on the trail, i get more usable drawer space.

EDIT: Correction 4 gallon jugs. https://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Pro...3MNVP4W6TE9&psc=1&refRID=EQF664NQ63MNVP4W6TE9 I'm thinking of using these as they'll fit on top of my bed drawers but fit under the alu-cab lateral shelf i'm concoting.

Also @Windstone, keep in mind if you go 40" wide, you will have to have extra support for the top of your bed drawers because you don't have a vertical going down the middle.
Sponsored