Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
There are many like it, but this one is mine. MY 5 year old daughter came up with the name.

Sold the 07 JKU Sahara and saved for 2 years to get this almost fully loaded Sort S with Max Tow.

Ordered in late November and delivered Wednesday January 20th 2021. It may be my second Jeep but the is my very first new car purchase and I couldn't be prouder.

We can call this the the before picture. Ill be updating regularly.

Jeep Gladiator Papas Truck 141028449_490334219033682_2797978446535452860_n

Jeep Gladiator Papas Truck 20210121_115025
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fist mod

My only regret in purchasing this was not getting the LED light group. I was stubborn and felt sick at how much money I was spending and figured I could just do it my self so...

I installed these Quake LED DRL Fender Lights with Sequential Turn Signals this afternoon. install was not as hard as I had built it up in my mind. the first one took about 2 hours since I was gathering the tools I needed as I went but the second fender took about 30 min.

I was relived to discover that fenders from a Max Tow can accommodate the same lights as the Rubicon and Sahara where as apparently a standard Sport S can not (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

They come with a resistor so there is no need to flash the ECU with a tazer mini or take it to the dealership. It just works and the smoked look matches the paint great.

Jeep Gladiator Papas Truck 20210129_165133

Jeep Gladiator Papas Truck 20210130_143459

Jeep Gladiator Papas Truck 20210130_181527

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
Congrats!

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Ordered the Clayton 3.3 premium lift kit. Unfortunately its on back order so the I go back to playing to waiting game. To make things worse, the wheels and tires arrived late last week. This is torcher.

Nitto ridge Grappler 37x13.5
Fuel® Off-Road Covert Wheel
plus many other goodies

Other little details worth mentioning that I already installed are:
  1. Rugged ridge door sills
  2. stubby antenna
  3. some little plastic things that amazon suggested i purchase at the same time that cover the metal joints on the door latch (don't judge, I was excited to be buying parts and got carried away)

ok, now this build thread is officially caught up.

Jeep Gladiator Papas Truck 633465586

Jeep Gladiator Papas Truck 633536139

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Waiting on my own almost fully loaded Sport S with Max tow in SG and this got me even more excited. Congrats

tires and lift will be quite a wait for me. Think my first purchase will be a tonneau cover and some kind of step/rock rail.
Keep posting photos

Sponsored

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Waiting on my own almost fully loaded Sport S with Max tow in SG and this got me even more excited. Congrats

tires and lift will be quite a wait for me. Think my first purchase will be a tonneau cover and some kind of step/rock rail.
Keep posting photos
Congrats on the new truck. I love the SG color, if I had to do it all over again I could see my self going that route. I think it looks great with red accents.

I ordered the Go Rhino side steps. I was super excited until it was time to install. I have little ones that have to quickly get in and out when I drop them off. my 5 year old can barley get in as it is stock.

unfortunately, upon arrival, I realized I had made a mistake as I need the ones with the drop step so I had to return them and now the ones I need on back order as well. Everything is on back order!!

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Ugh back orders can be annoying.
No kids for me, but still don't want to have to stretch to get in/out which I felt like I had to do when test driving.

I'm looking at Barricade Rocker Steps right now. Not sure how much protection they would give though. FrogFab is a second choice I think.

Im shooing for orange accents instead of red.

What all did you opt out of package wise?

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Ugh back orders can be annoying.
No kids for me, but still don't want to have to stretch to get in/out which I felt like I had to do when test driving.

I'm looking at Barricade Rocker Steps right now. Not sure how much protection they would give though. FrogFab is a second choice I think.

Im shooing for orange accents instead of red.

What all did you opt out of package wise?

The only thing I didn't get was the LED package. everything else I either got from the factory or installed afterwards (rubber floormats).

what about you?

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
You made a good choice opting for DIY LED. So many better options, especially when you factor in what FCA charges. Still trying to figure out my turn signals, but am ordering the Oracle flush mount tail lights as soon as they become available.

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

Sponsored

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
The only thing I didn't get was the LED package. everything else I either got from the factory or installed afterwards (rubber floormats).

what about you?
I skipped cargo and aux. have come to regret skipping aux though but seems easy to add something similar if I ever do need it. Current car has a 115v outlet in the back and from experience learned they’re near useless for anything I’d want to run in the bed and that was the only thing I thought cargo was worth.

What floor mats did you get?

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I hadn't heard of Frog Fab before, so checked out their website; nothing is listed for the JT. Have you contacted them for the slider steps? Because the JLU version listed will be too short.

They're not out yet, but soon. Check out this post: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/flush-mount-tail-lights.30902/post-642094

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I hadn't heard of Frog Fab before, so checked out their website; nothing is listed for the JT. Have you contacted them for the slider steps? Because the JLU version listed will be too short.

They're not out yet, but soon. Check out this post: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/flush-mount-tail-lights.30902/post-642094
I read from a thread on sliders section you just have to email them and they’re about $100 more than the JLU price. We have the sliders for a Cherokee from them and have had no issues and like them.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I read from a thread on sliders section you just have to email them and they’re about $100 more than the JLU price. We have the sliders for a Cherokee from them and have had no issues and like them.
Ah, okay cool. They should add the JT options to their website; they look like they've got some great products. Wish they would post weights, though.

Sorry for hijacking your thread @Edub!