Flush Mount Tail Lights

Dc71z28

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport s
Funny you bring up the blackout kit, we were playing around with a concept for carrying the tail lights across the bed, similar to the Dodge "Racetrack" tail lights.

JT_mod1_small.jpg

We are focused on the tail lights for now but the same design language could be translated into something like this in the future. The "Gladiator" logo is just an example of an aftermarket decal, we would not mold anything into the panel.
That's even better! Love it.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Ok, as promised here is a peek at our progress on the design. Some details have evolved a bit as we go into scaled 3D modeling but the overall aesthetic of our original design is still there. We put a space claim for the factory rear sensors so that caused us to change some details but we are happy with the direction it's going in. Feedback is welcome! :)

gladiator_tail_light_oracle_off.jpg

gladiator_tail_light_oracle_on.jpg

gladiator_tail_light_oracle_rear.jpg
Take my money:rock:

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
@ORACLElights these are really looking good! I know you have been getting a lot of requests for how to design these lights. However, I really prefer having dedicated orange turn signals. They are a lot more distinguishable from a red turn signal that’s also shared with brake lights. Looking at the current design, there’s a lot of room dedicated to the reverse light LEDs. I believe that space could be divided in half, with one part being reverse and the other being orange turn signals. It would also give the lights an even more distinctive and unique look. I also would be in line for the “racetrack” style tailgate panel.

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
@ORACLElights these are really looking good! I know you have been getting a lot of requests for how to design these lights. However, I really prefer having dedicated orange turn signals. They are a lot more distinguishable from a red turn signal that’s also shared with brake lights. Looking at the current design, there’s a lot of room dedicated to the reverse light LEDs. I believe that space could be divided in half, with one part being reverse and the other being orange turn signals. It would also give the lights an even more distinctive and unique look. I also would be in line for the “racetrack” style tailgate panel.
Thanks for the feedback we are currently exploring the idea of having the reverse light module share the turn signal duty as well. This would be similar to our Sidetrack lights which uses one module to produce both a White Spotlight and a turn indicator.

If you fast forward to the end of this video you can see how it would work.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Funny you bring up the blackout kit, we were playing around with a concept for carrying the tail lights across the bed, similar to the Dodge "Racetrack" tail lights.

JT_mod1_small.jpg

We are focused on the tail lights for now but the same design language could be translated into something like this in the future. The "Gladiator" logo is just an example of an aftermarket decal, we would not mold anything into the panel.
This option is sic, I would buy this right now. Way awesome.

Sponsored

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Can't please everyone. 🤷‍♂️
Right? I mean, the dude's putting a lot of thought and work into making it happen. I really want to like it, but... Ford. Flex.

Oracle Designs

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oracledesignlab.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Industrial Designer
Hey guys, just wanted to give an update on the design process. The design team is closing in on final design revisions before sending the CAD to engineering.

Since the previous renderings, we have slightly modified the design. The red lens will be responsible for displaying the LEDs as well as catering a side reflector. The lens has also been extended from the previous design, so there will be additional red lighting when facing the rear of the vehicle.

For the reverse light, the team is looking into standard reverse functions with turn signal integration. The large space beside the reverse light will be for the rear cross traffic sensor. More details will emerge from the engineering process.

Expecting sendoff to be by either the end of the week or early next week. Design is subject to change throughout this process. Thank you for your continued support and we will be sure to give you additional updates in the coming weeks.

Jeep JT Flush Lights Off.jpg

Jeep JT Flush Lights On.jpg

Jeep JT Flush Lights.jpg

Dc71z28

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport s
Hey guys, just wanted to give an update on the design process. The design team is closing in on final design revisions before sending the CAD to engineering.

Since the previous renderings, we have slightly modified the design. The red lens will be responsible for displaying the LEDs as well as catering a side reflector. The lens has also been extended from the previous design, so there will be additional red lighting when facing the rear of the vehicle.

For the reverse light, the team is looking into standard reverse functions with turn signal integration. The large space beside the reverse light will be for the rear cross traffic sensor. More details will emerge from the engineering process.

Expecting sendoff to be by either the end of the week or early next week. Design is subject to change throughout this process. Thank you for your continued support and we will be sure to give you additional updates in the coming weeks.

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights Jeep JT Flush Lights

Perfect! I can't wait. Looks like the way it should have been done from the factory.

Burton79

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government

Take my money. I like the look. Is there any chance of LED reverse lights or keeping that separate for the bumper reverse lights project?
Sponsored