First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Automobile Manufacturing
Finally recived my Oracle flush Mount Tail Lights. After I installed them, I now have a warning lamp on saying both tail lights are out. My Mojave came with LED tail lights, so im not sure why im getting this error message. Both tail lights are working properly, just have this annoying message.
Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Finally recived my Oracle flush Mount Tail Lights. After I installed them, I now have a warning lamp on saying both tail lights are out. My Mojave came with LED tail lights, so im not sure why im getting this error message. Both tail lights are working properly, just have this annoying message.
Mind me asking how long ago you ordered them? I have hit everyone up there on a possible ETA and all they tell me is "only the shipping department has that info" :headbang:

JustinLentz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Mojave RIP: 20JT 09jk, 03jgc, 97tj, 95yj, 73cj
Occupation
Operations Coordinator
They have their own tech guy on the forum that can help you troubleshoot. See the link above and his name should be on some of the last pages. He seems very helpful.

Sponsored

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
It's because the lights draw more power than the factory LEDs, so the computer thinks the lights aren't working. You have to change some options with a programmer to get the warning lights off at the moment, they are working on a non programmer fix from what I understand.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Hi Jerry, happy to help here.

The ORACLE Lighting tail lights are brighter than the OEM LED tails. Inherently, that means more wattage. Some LED-equipped Jeeps (not all) will see this difference in wattage and display an error message on the dash. This is simply due to differences in wattage & the way some Jeeps are configured to detect errors, not a product defect, and the lights should still function normally outside of the dash message.

This message can be quickly solved with the JSCAN, Tazer, or another programmer which allows lighting configuration.

As another option, our team has been testing different non-programmer solutions for this, and we are EXTREMELY close. You can get on a wait list to receive this solution free-of-charge by completing this form: https://forms.gle/BzUYkNamRzWuybqc9

Since this will not occur on all LED Equipped Jeeps as this is operating system dependent, the lights must be installed and issue confirmed to be eligible for this.

We are happy to answer further questions you may have here, via PM, or over the phone

-Rachel

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Hi Jerry, happy to help here.

The ORACLE Lighting tail lights are brighter than the OEM LED tails. Inherently, that means more wattage. Some LED-equipped Jeeps (not all) will see this difference in wattage and display an error message on the dash. This is simply due to differences in wattage & the way some Jeeps are configured to detect errors, not a product defect, and the lights should still function normally outside of the dash message.

This message can be quickly solved with the JSCAN, Tazer, or another programmer which allows lighting configuration.

As another option, our team has been testing different non-programmer solutions for this, and we are EXTREMELY close. You can get on a wait list to receive this solution free-of-charge by completing this form: https://forms.gle/BzUYkNamRzWuybqc9

Since this will not occur on all LED Equipped Jeeps as this is operating system dependent, the lights must be installed and issue confirmed to be eligible for this.

We are happy to answer further questions you may have here, via PM, or over the phone

-Rachel
I am sorry, but it is not incumbent on the customer to troubleshoot a bolt on DOT approved vendor part.

Of course this is a product defect, if it causes some jeeps to throw an error code (and the purchase and use of a programmer), then the product is defective.

I find it amazing that people are so patient!!!

IMHO

Last edited:

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
I am sorry, but it is not incumbent on the customer to troubleshoot a bolt on DOT approved vendor part.

Of course this is a product defect, if it causes some jeeps to throw an error code (and the purchase and use of a programmer), then the product is defective.

IMHO
Man, I gotta agree with you. People are so nice on these forums and tolerate so much BS spilled by this company selling a defective product that should be COMPLETELY RECALLED. Someone is going to lose their beans and sue them. "Some Jeeps configured differently" yeah so the manufacturer chooses different configuration setups for lights, it really pays off for them to do that.
How come other aftermarket lights bought from CJPony parts work brilliantly plug and play and yours have so many issues?
Oracles are sold as plug and play and they are NOT plug and play.

Aaand.... ANOTHER wait list for the fix? Lol! 💩

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Man, I gotta agree with you. People are so nice on these forums and tolerate so much BS spilled by this company selling a defective product that should be COMPLETELY RECALLED. Someone is going to lose their beans and sue them. "Some Jeeps configured differently" yeah so the manufacturer chooses different configuration setups for lights, it really pays off for them to do that.
How come other aftermarket lights bought from CJPony parts work brilliantly plug and play and yours have so many issues?

Yeah, as you pointed out, it is absurd to think that there are different diagnostic configurations. I suspect that the issue is that there is quite a variance in the LEDs that Oracle is using in the tail lights and some are far enough out of spec that they are causing the jeep to throw an error code. (PURE SPECULATION)... It wouldn't surprise me if we don't see this problem with others as well...

[PS. LEDs are primarily a non linear resistive load and slightly capacitive at the junction]

Sponsored

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link

Just because you mentioned CJPony parts working brilliantly.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ed-tail-light-issues-programming-tazer.66352/

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer

IMHO

I appreciate that you are entitled to your opinions. The information provided is still factual despite this; this product is not defective.

Again, not every Jeep will experience this message. These errors happen on account of proprietary FCA technology that may need to be disabled when aftermarket parts are added. No one has the data to circumvent this. It is well known that different Jeeps will have varying configuration systems depending on chosen packages.

This particular error is called a false error -- as those experiencing it will notice the indicator rapid flashes, then the error appears then goes away, but the tails flash at normal speed. If the LED-equipped Jeep is equipped with fault sense, this can happen with ANY aftermarket LED taillight and does not constitute a defect. Other brands can (and do) experience the same with Jeep aftermarket parts. Programmer manufacturer companies would not spend time and resources to include such options in their software if this was only necessary for ONE aftermarket brand not playing well with the Jeep system options.

Again, if the user is one that experiences this issue -- there is an immediate programmer solution if the user has one available or wishes to purchase one. Or there is a second, free, non-programmer option that will require a short wait while our team finalizes this solution. Our team is also offering a very easy return process on these for customers without wear who do not wish to follow either path.

We hope this assists with your understanding.

OP, please feel free to reach out directly if we may assist you further with your lighting, and we appreciate the opportunity to do so if you need us more.

-Rachel

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I suspect that if the replacement LED specs are consistent with the OEM LED specs then the replacement lights will work fine.

If I were one of these vendors, I would want the known defective tail lights back in house. That is where proper troubleshooting starts, not with the vehicle.

It is absurd to think that the issue lies with Jeep, it lies squarely with the tail light vendor...

Last edited:

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I appreciate that you are entitled to your opinions. The information provided is still factual despite this; this product is not defective.

Again, not every Jeep will experience this message. These errors happen on account of proprietary FCA technology that may need to be disabled when aftermarket parts are added. No one has the data to circumvent this. It is well known that different Jeeps will have varying configuration systems depending on chosen packages.

This particular error is called a false error -- as those experiencing it will notice the indicator rapid flashes, then the error appears then goes away, but the tails flash at normal speed. If the LED-equipped Jeep is equipped with fault sense, this can happen with ANY aftermarket LED taillight and does not constitute a defect. Other brands can (and do) experience the same with Jeep aftermarket parts. Programmer manufacturer companies would not spend time and resources to include such options in their software if this was only necessary for ONE aftermarket brand not playing well with the Jeep system options.

Again, if the user is one that experiences this issue -- there is an immediate programmer solution if the user has one available or wishes to purchase one. Or there is a second, free, non-programmer option that will require a short wait while our team finalizes this solution. Our team is also offering a very easy return process on these for customers without wear who do not wish to follow either path.

We hope this assists with your understanding.

OP, please feel free to reach out directly if we may assist you further with your lighting, and we appreciate the opportunity to do so if you need us more.

-Rachel
Sorry, I don't buy that...

Last edited:

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
Status
Not open for further replies.