First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
My 2022 Willy's came with halogen tail lights, other than that to be honest I just didn't like the looks of OEM Gladiator tail lights. I know I am going to catch hell from die hard Jeep historians, but it is a me thing ok ! Mickey Mouse ears belong on the rat at Disney, not on the back of MY Gladiator. I apologize sincerely to the Jeep historians.

Ok here we go.

There was a bit of confusion in shipping, but Oracle straightened it out after a few deep breaths on my part. I received the right tail lights today and before starting the install I wired in the resistors I ordered separate for the back up lights. Keeping in mind I had factory halogens. The resistor that came with the tail lights I left plugged in as it came.
Some have complained about fit for a good flush fit ! I found that the factory grommets for the factory tail lights is a dead end grommet and the grommet ends have to be clipped off to make a opening for the Oracle tail light mounting prongs to go all the way through, allowing for a flush fit.
Next thing I found that could be a possible problem on breakage points some have problems with, the clips on the mounting points require a little thread starting pressure to make threads. I removed the clips before trying to install and put them in the vice and run the screws through making the threads. To have done it with them mounted on the plastic tabs would have required force, I chose to remove them and thread them first.
With everything put in its places and all wires secured neatly, the fit looks very good as far as I am concerned.
Now before anything else, I set the tail lights from halogen to yes for LED with the tazer and rebooted, and did a couple of sleep cycles.

The outcome
Everything fit well, and with both resistors hooked up for the tail lights and back up lights everything works beautifully... No hyper flashes, no error light out codes.. Works as it should. The back up lights are much brighter than factory
Now time will tell on the quality, but let me say that I snugged them up by hand gently, loosened and adjusted them a little and snugged back up again.
I will post some pics later.
Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
I was sitting here reading, and thinking from sentence to sentence that we need pictures.
Well you set my mind at ease with that last sentence. Patiently waiting…

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
While it's great that you figured out all the things to get a good install, for the price point those steps are excessive. Should have come from Oracle pre-threaded on the clips, instructions should be included on modifying existing fasteners.

On top of that, for people to wire them up and they don't work and Oracle refuses to warranty them because they were installed. All the while the only way to figure them out is to wire them up, that is chicken shit avoidance of the warranty.

I was all ready to jump in on these, until the headaches started popping up everywhere.

OP
OP
WetWilly

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
Why do you need resistors if you use the Tazer to set the taillights as LED?
All I can do is tell you what worked for me, I don't question success. * Why is above my pay grade.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WetWilly

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
While it's great that you figured out all the things to get a good install, for the price point those steps are excessive. Should have come from Oracle pre-threaded on the clips, instructions should be included on modifying existing fasteners.

On top of that, for people to wire them up and they don't work and Oracle refuses to warranty them because they were installed. All the while the only way to figure them out is to wire them up, that is chicken shit avoidance of the warranty.

I was all ready to jump in on these, until the headaches started popping up everywhere.
I agree with all of the above

OP
OP
WetWilly

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
I was sitting here reading, and thinking from sentence to sentence that we need pictures.
Well you set my mind at ease with that last sentence. Patiently waiting…
I am a dinosaur and it requires getting out my camera the only thing I do with a phone is say (Hello)

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
All I can do is tell you what worked for me, I don't question success. * Why is above my pay grade.
Understand All. There are issues with those taillights requiring the lights to be marked as LED in the computer and Oracle even states that -- with resistors. I just purchased some amazon LED taillights with resistors built in with no issue not being programmed as such. Not sure what the deal is with oracle.

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom
I’ve had mine for a year or so. Mine were oem halogen. I installed the reisistors and they work flawlessly. I have since got JScan and wondered if I should just leave well enough alone with the taillights.

OP
OP
WetWilly

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
I’ve had mine for a year or so. Mine were oem halogen. I installed the reisistors and they work flawlessly. I have since got JScan and wondered if I should just leave well enough alone with the taillights.
When I was a youngster tinkering with perfectly good running cars, my dad would say... If it ain't broke don't fix it :like:

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
You shouldn't need resistors if you set the computer to LED or have the dealer flash them. One of the reasons of many I'd stay away from anything Oracle sells. Don't forget about the people who have broken them by hand tightening them. Paying a premium for garbage just doesn't seem like a wise investment

OP
OP
WetWilly

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
You shouldn't need resistors if you set the computer to LED or have the dealer flash them. One of the reasons of many I'd stay away from anything Oracle sells. Don't forget about the people who have broken them by hand tightening them. Paying a premium for garbage just doesn't seem like a wise investment
LOL, I have heard people say the same about Gladiators, but here we is.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, I have heard people say the same about Gladiators, but here we is.
I've bought garbage from Oracle before and never will again and based on the reviews most have given these I'd make a hard pass on them especially for the price they are selling them for. No other led light needs a resistor if you reprogram the computer to recognize led lights, not sure why Oracle couldn't get that right. Even chinese company's have figured that out. Then you got the whole cracked housing things and them just falling off with people riding down the road, pretty much a premium for garbage.

OP
OP
WetWilly

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
I've bought garbage from Oracle before and never will again and based on the reviews most have given these I'd make a hard pass on them especially for the price they are selling them for. No other led light needs a resistor if you reprogram the computer to recognize led lights, not sure why Oracle couldn't get that right. Even chinese company's have figured that out. Then you got the whole cracked housing things and them just falling off with people riding down the road, pretty much a premium for garbage.
Time will tell, I bought some ice from an Eskimo while in Alaska, wtf it is only money. And my coffin does not have a safe deposit box in it. If I get rear ended by Oracle I will know better next time. But it works and I am happy and I am willing to give it a chance and see. Because I like the looks of them