Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I'm sorry, you're absolutely right. Enough about me...what about you? What do you think about me? :bandit:

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I'm sorry, you're absolutely right. Enough about me...what about you? What do you think about me? :bandit:
lol, well played.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
oooh, those are interesting indeed.
They are turning out to look amazing. I can't wait to replace the akward ones I currently have.

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSSD Granite Crystal Metallic (Korg)
Occupation
Engineer
Fist mod

My only regret in purchasing this was not getting the LED light group. I was stubborn and felt sick at how much money I was spending and figured I could just do it my self so...

I installed these Quake LED DRL Fender Lights with Sequential Turn Signals this afternoon. install was not as hard as I had built it up in my mind. the first one took about 2 hours since I was gathering the tools I needed as I went but the second fender took about 30 min.

I was relived to discover that fenders from a Max Tow can accommodate the same lights as the Rubicon and Sahara where as apparently a standard Sport S can not (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

They come with a resistor so there is no need to flash the ECU with a tazer mini or take it to the dealership. It just works and the smoked look matches the paint great.

20210129_165133.jpg

20210130_143459.jpg

20210130_181527.jpg
I have a set of these on the way. Can you tell me where you connected the wires? Were your old ones the two bulb setup? I looked at the installation PDF online and it mentions near the firewall.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I have a set of these on the way. Can you tell me where you connected the wires? Were your old ones the two bulb setup? I looked at the installation PDF online and it mentions near the firewall.
Once you get down there it becomes super easy and self explanatory. they really are plug and play. The wire runs from the lamp, towards the back of the render, then plugs in using a wiring harness near the middle rear. The replacement wire uses the same plug, the only difference is that the new wire will include a resistor in line that you have to sick somewhere using the provided 3M tape.

I found that the easiest thing to do was to reach back with a pair of needle nose plyers and start releasing the latches to the clips that hold the entire fender assembly to the Jeep. the more you remove, the easier the job becomes.

the challenging part for me was once this was removed, there is still a plastic bracket that needs to be rotated back to gain access to the lighting assembly. I was not aware and did a considerable amount of tugging and pulling before realizing that it just rotates on the plastic rivet. Bottom line is, everything I'm saying will make sense on the first fender and the second fender will be a breeze.

good luck, I'm really happy with mine, I think they turned out great.

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Once you get down there it becomes super easy and self explanatory. they really are plug and play. The wire runs from the lamp, towards the back of the render, then plugs in using a wiring harness near the middle rear. The replacement wire uses the same plug, the only difference is that the new wire will include a resistor in line that you have to sick somewhere using the provided 3M tape.

I found that the easiest thing to do was to reach back with a pair of needle nose plyers and start releasing the latches to the clips that hold the entire fender assembly to the Jeep. the more you remove, the easier the job becomes.

the challenging part for me was once this was removed, there is still a plastic bracket that needs to be rotated back to gain access to the lighting assembly. I was not aware and did a considerable amount of tugging and pulling before realizing that it just rotates on the plastic rivet. Bottom line is, everything I'm saying will make sense on the first fender and the second fender will be a breeze.

good luck, I'm really happy with mine, I think they turned out great.
Thanks for the assist.

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
This weekend I installed -
  • DV8 Offroad HLCJL-01 LED Headlight Pair
  • Rugged Ridge 11549.44 Venator Front Bumper Stubby without Grille Guard
  • WARN 103253 VR EVO Series Winch 10,000lb with Synthetic Rope
A bit of advice, put the grill back on BEOFRE installing this bumper.

This install was a nightmare that lasted all of Saturday and into Sunday morning. Due to my own mistakes, I had to go back several steps and repeat on multiple occasions. That being said, in my opinion, its one of the better looking bumpers available on the market to date but do not get it if you do not intend to put in a winch.

The headlights initially are super easy plug and play. literally took me all of 5 minutes to replace... that's for the main light. The halo's on the other hand are a different story. Now I understand that there are multiple ways of wiring these together but the instructions call for tapping into the fender lights. Well as you can see from my last post, I replaced my fender lights and the wires don't match up so I had to go back to the wiring harness in which the fender lights originally plug into and since I tried to take a short cut and go in trough the engine bay as apposed to making my life truly easy and remove the inner fenders, I made the job much harder then It needed to be. the build quality is good but I have to imagine that the Mopar brand is probably better as the plastic on these feels a little weak? One of the mounting points cracked when I accidently over tightened. Over all I'm happy but these are not exact replicas of the Mopar LED's as the Easter egg is missing.

Also, I learned that for the halos to work properly, you do need to flash with a Taser Mini and not the Taser light which is what I purchased by mistake. If you replaced your fender lights like me I suppose you could just tap into the line somewhere after the resistor but I'm not 100% if that would work nor do I know which wire you would need.

in the end I'm happy with the results but ill be happier when the halos work properly once its properly flashed by the second taser

The winch is super easy and straight forward. just feed the wires through the engine bay to the batteries. I didn't bother with locking bolts or welding it in. If a thief wants to take it, they have to disassemble the entire bumper and well, out of sheer sympathy, you have earned it at that point.

let me know if you have any questions.

Jeep Gladiator Papas Truck 20210206_154553
Jeep Gladiator Papas Truck 20210207_135215
Jeep Gladiator Papas Truck 20210207_135158
Jeep Gladiator Papas Truck 20210207_135138
Jeep Gladiator Papas Truck 20210207_135242
Jeep Gladiator Papas Truck 20210207_135142

Last edited:

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Are those Quake fender lights? If so, I can help with where to tap into the for the halo lights.

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Are those Quake fender lights? If so, I can help with where to tap into the for the halo lights.
Please, be my guest. I just ordered some more splice connectors, point me in the right direction.

Sponsored

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Please, be my guest. I just ordered some more splice connectors, point me in the right direction.
Whatever color the halo light is will need to splice into the red wire on the Quake fender light.

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
How are you liking that Diesel?
Loving it. This is my first Jeep and diesel. Came from a gas GMC Canyon. Can already tell the difference in gas mileage. Looks like I picked a good time for diesel too, prices are getting very close to gas in my area.

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
After multiple returns and exchanges, I finally received and installed the proper side steps I was looking for. Having two little ones makes it difficult to justify listing the Jeep. Now I can blame them again if they cant get in. I chose these because they have additional drop steps available once it gets lifted.

I will say this, of all the things I have installed on my gladiator and previous Wrangler, these were by far the most complicated. throw the instructions out, Their useless, and not because they are poorly written, but because the design of these is so infuriating that you will reconsider your love for Jeeps and life in general as you install them. The instruction require you to install some brackets to your rig first, then the steps mount to the brackets, however, unless you have hands the size of a toddler with the strength of the Hulk, your not going to be able to get it done. At least not on your own and all your sanity left. I found that installing the brackets to the steps first (loosely) and then bolting the brackets to the Gladiator was much simpler (still a pain but manageable).

I think they look a little oversized right now with the stock tires however with the 37s and lift I think they will look their place. right now they actually stick out more then the tires.

Jeep Gladiator Papas Truck 20210227_114644

Jeep Gladiator Papas Truck 20210227_114626
Sponsored