Pedal Commander Initial Review

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ
After just a few hundred miles on my Pedal Commander....

It really is as easy to install as the company claims. It took less then 10 minutes for the physical install and most of that was finding the mounting spot I wanted. Pairing the unit to my phone was a breeze and I had it up and running in minutes.

There is a noticeable difference even in the lowest “city” setting. Throttle response is more immediate. Although the response does increase in the sport and sport + settings to me the biggest difference on the gain side of the equation was from stock to any of these settings as opposed to one setting to another. Sport + is not the “near race only” setting as the company claims. This may be true in other more high performance applications but it doesn’t really apply to the JT.

The fourth option is eco. This promises up to 20% increased MPG and that seems possible. Throttle response is so leisurely that it could almost be a hazard should you need to punch it to merge into traffic for example.

There are 8 sub-settings within each of the four main settings: 4 minus and 4 plus. I have settled on city +2 for now as I like the improved response and it isn’t killing my MPG.

As of right now I would buy it again.
Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
After just a few hundred miles on my Pedal Commander....

It really is as easy to install as the company claims. It took less then 10 minutes for the physical install and most of that was finding the mounting spot I wanted. Pairing the unit to my phone was a breeze and I had it up and running in minutes.

There is a noticeable difference even in the lowest “city” setting. Throttle response is more immediate. Although the response does increase in the sport and sport + settings to me the biggest difference on the gain side of the equation was from stock to any of these settings as opposed to one setting to another. Sport + is not the “near race only” setting as the company claims. This may be true in other more high performance applications but it doesn’t really apply to the JT.

The fourth option is eco. This promises up to 20% increased MPG and that seems possible. Throttle response is so leisurely that it could almost be a hazard should you need to punch it to merge into traffic for example.

There are 8 sub-settings within each of the four main settings: 4 minus and 4 plus. I have settled on city +2 for now as I like the improved response and it isn’t killing my MPG.

As of right now I would buy it again.

Wondered if there was any longer term feedback on this? Considering buying one for my new JT but not seeing much feedback out there.

OP
OP
Incommando

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ
Wondered if there was any longer term feedback on this? Considering buying one for my new JT but not seeing much feedback out there.
Well I still have it on there and still have it set at City +4. There has still been no issues such as CEL’s. I am happy with my purchase.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
It's been out for a couple years now. Tons of Ram owners using them without issue.

Sponsored

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
For those that have one, does it make the throttle response more linear? I have a very noticeable step in response at 2000 RPMs. I'm trying to figure out if it's part of the fly by wire settings (and therefore fixable with something like a Pedal Commander) or if it's part of the nature of the engine (and a whole lot harder to address).

olegs

First Name
OS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2011 Ram Power Wagon, 2015 Audi S8
Pedal Commander does work with Tazer.
I have mine for almost a year.
I set it to sport+ and -4
I find it to be the best combination of additional throttle response and drivability.
When it's shut down, I look for the anchor holding me back.
Sponsored