Agriculture

clubmanager

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So I got mine yesterday and went to install....how in the hell do y'all get down in there? I can't reach it at all. Granted, I have really wide shoulders but still....can't even get close. Did you take some of the plastic panels off below the dash?
Regretfully, I'm old and haven't any skinny friends will sort it somehow ;)

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
So I got mine yesterday and went to install....how in the hell do y'all get down in there? I can't reach it at all. Granted, I have really wide shoulders but still....can't even get close. Did you take some of the plastic panels off below the dash?
Regretfully, I'm old and haven't any skinny friends will sort it somehow ;)
There are some videos on installing them, do a YouTube search and several will show up, they can be a little tight. Also there's a extension cable available from Z automotive so next time you don't have to stand on your head, $30.

Sponsored

rwesorick

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubicon, '14 Viper GTS, '14 WRX, '14 S7
Occupation
patent attorney
Agree, easily my best mod. And I paid someone to install ;)

clubmanager

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Agree, easily my best mod. And I paid someone to install ;)
I may resort to that.....but a friend is out there trying right now. He's a bit shorter/smaller and way more mechanically-inclined although with this mod, not sure that bit is needed. Looks super easy if one can reach the bloody thing! ;)

clubmanager

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I may resort to that.....but a friend is out there trying right now. He's a bit shorter/smaller and way more mechanically-inclined although with this mod, not sure that bit is needed. Looks super easy if one can reach the bloody thing! ;)
My buddy installed it in like 2 minutes.....and Holy Cow! I can't get over the difference; really is remarkable and frankly a bit startling. I might have to dial it down a wee bit!

MarkyMark80

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
Can someone elaborate how it helped? I get the general concept, but would love to hear a first hand account.

clubmanager

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Can someone elaborate how it helped? I get the general concept, but would love to hear a first hand account.
Acceleration is greatly improved depending on which setting you choose. I'm in the 'Sport+' mode (think that's what it's called) and had to dial that down to the '2' setting rather than the '4'...found myself really having to manage the gas pedal on the 4. Given my driving pattern/commute to work, I may in fact sell mine. After some use, the added acceleration really isn't much benefit given my use. Still noodling on it but if you need added boost, I'd highly recommend it.

Sponsored

gwkng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Gecko
In newer cars the gas pedal is just a controller input to the computer. In any effort to save gas many vehicles will delay and reduce the gas pedal response.

I had a 2015 JK and the pedal response was so bad that you could quickly press the gas all the way to the floor and come off and the engine would not respond. This gives a dead feeling of no power. I have a VW with a stick which has a small delay which was annoying trying to balance with the clutch. I have the PC on the VW and it makes the gas/clutch balance the way that it should be.

The pedal commander removes this delay which makes vehicle responsive and feels peppy. It has several levels of responsiveness.

That being said the JT pedal is super responsive. Would not use the PC on the JT. Maybe other people setup are different.

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
That being said the JT pedal is super responsive. Would not use the PC on the JT. Maybe other people setup are different.
Come drive my JT, bet you won't call it "super responsive"

gwkng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Gecko
Come drive my JT, bet you won't call it "super responsive"
Maybe difference between 20 and 21? I just got the 21 JT and gas took some getting used to. Everybody who has driven it was like "whoa the gas is touchy"

Bluesky4x4

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Cloud Solution Architect
Maybe difference between 20 and 21? I just got the 21 JT and gas took some getting used to. Everybody who has driven it was like "whoa the gas is touchy"
I have a 21 and despite thinking about Pedal Commander, most of those thought are because my 2019 BMW X4 had amazing lag. So far, the 21 JTR seems pretty responsive. I guess the only way to know if it could be better, is to make the investment.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I have a 21 manual and I also just recently sold my mk7 vw, so I understand the lag you were talking about there. The throttle lag on the jeep isn't near as bad as on the VW, but it's there. I just installed my idrive (same concept as pedal commander) today, and I love it. Mine is a 21, like yours, and I noticed the lag. It might be an automatic vs manual thing though. I'm still playing around with the settings, but so far, I like it. It'll get a real rest tomorrow.
Sponsored