First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
I've got a random issue with posts: every so often I'll be looking through the forum and someone will have posted something with a photo - but the photo does not appear in the original posting. When someone responds to that post, and the original post is quoted, then I see the photo in the response, but not in the original.

Is this something going on in my browser (Firefox), or OS (Windows 10), or a setting in the forum that I don't have set properly?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alan_Hepburn

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
One thread was this one - post #26 has 2 photos. When I first saw it today the photos showed up in post #27, but not in post #26. Now, however, returning to that thread the photos show up as expected. In the past when this has happened I would try refreshing the page and about 50% of the time the photos would appear. I know how difficult it can be to troubleshoot an intermittent and random issue like this! When it happens again I'll post the link here for you...

OP
OP
Alan_Hepburn

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Okay - I've got another example now: in this thread (What did you do TO your Gladiator)post # 7754 says there's a photo attached, but I don't see it.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Are you hard wired or using Wifi?

I think what is happening is the pictures are so large it's taking a while to download. When you refresh the thread the photos are there.

Reactions: JAY

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alan_Hepburn

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I'm on a laptop with up-to-date Windows 10 and Firefox, using wifi to connect to my Xfinity router - speedtest.net says my download speed right now is 63.15 Mbps. The photo is missing from the initial post, but a couple of posts farther down someone quoted the original, and the photo IS in the quote - I guess the quoted one is probably a smaller version of the original but I don't know for sure!

OP
OP
Alan_Hepburn

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I just went back to it and it does load now. That's what's so frustrating for me: photos that don't load initially will sometimes load if I refresh the page, or when I return later. I see that the photo is just over 5Mb in size - I wonder if it is, indeed, an issue with bandwidth - I'll try comparing file size with other photos that seem to load with no problems and see if file size triggers the issue.

Thanks for helping!
Sponsored