Planning a Trip West

STACHES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Alltrack, '74 X1/9, '71 240z, '66 C10
Occupation
Manufacturing Automation
Thanks Staches, me and the Mrs were just discussing and trying to look at historical weather data. We are gonna go to Moab, down to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons, North rim of the Grand Canyon, then swing over to relatives near Santa Fe. I figured Yellowstone would still be snowbound.
The Montana entrance to Yellowstone is the only one open in the winter. West entrance opens late April, and the South entrance is usually mid May. If you enter the South entrance, you have to pay the fees for Grand Teton National Park to get to Yellowstone and then pay the fees for Yellowstone. I usually just use the West entrance because Island Park and West Yellowstone are awesome.
Sponsored

thadtx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your upcoming trip to Santa Fe sounds like it's going to be an incredible adventure! Exploring new places and spending time with family is always a memorable experience. As you plan your journey, consider adding some bucket list-worthy destinations to your itinerary.
Places like Bandelier National Monument offer breathtaking landscapes and opportunities for outdoor exploration, while the artistic town of Taos is known for its vibrant culture and charming atmosphere. This blog provides a wealth of bucket list ideas that could enhance your trip and make it truly unforgettable.

Last edited:

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Staches, me and the Mrs were just discussing and trying to look at historical weather data. We are gonna go to Moab, down to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons, North rim of the Grand Canyon, then swing over to relatives near Santa Fe. I figured Yellowstone would still be snowbound.
If your trip is taking you to the Grand Canyon, go to the South Rim side. In the below posted link I outline the details of Diamond Creek where you drive down a gravelly road to the Colorado River at the bottom of the Grand Canyon:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ad-waypoints-on-x-off-road.72362/post-1181273

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
We are leaving from NC on March 21st to go to Southern Utah, Northern Nevada and New Mexico Eventually ending up near Austin for a family GTG.

In addition to Zion and Bryce Canyon NP’s check out Alston Point https://www.nps.gov/thingstodo/driving-to-alstrom-point.htm . We plane on spending the night there wild camping.
Also, check out Chaco Canyon if you’re into ancient civilizations.

OP
OP
mrmo

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Very cool, appreciate the info. We are going crazy trying to plan destinstions, there are so many. We figure this will be a one time run so want to get in as much as we can in a week and a half
Sponsored