John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Retired LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Best option? Hardtop with Bestop Sunrider. Should be a Jeep option. Easy to open and close. Also easy to take off with the hardtop for topless days. Pricey but worth it. Bought mine from Northridge 4x4. Also, btw, amazing customer service if needed.
I agree 100% Best mod I made to the Gladiator. Best Top (Twill) for hard tops. I live in Florida. It's open daily.
Sponsored

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I've been seeing lots of good deals on used softops lately and Iam in the market for a softop. Unfortunately the look of the folded softtop is just horrible. Iam pretty sure it was bestops answer to the decline of western civilizations fine motor skills and problem solving. Drive through a roundabout and you'll see what I mean.

At least one company is working on another top that is due out any month now. Suntop. Hopefully it restores a more authentic jeep top look and function.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I have both tops and the Sunrider for hardtop. Get some cut to size Velcro double sided tape and make two straps to hold it closed. Then I use a power ratchet to remove the four bolts that attach the top to the Jeep. Then throw it in the bed.
Exactly what I do too, ZERO issues with the functionality of the soft top. Do I wish it folded all the way back to the bed, of course! But it doesn't. And its literally 3-4 minutes to get it completely off or on

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I've been seeing lots of good deals on used softops lately and Iam in the market for a softop. Unfortunately the look of the folded softtop is just horrible. Iam pretty sure it was bestops answer to the decline of western civilizations fine motor skills and problem solving. Drive through a roundabout and you'll see what I mean.

At least one company is working on another top that is due out any month now. Suntop. Hopefully it restores a more authentic jeep top look and function.
http://www.thesuntop.com/product/gladiator-top.aspx

Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
The JLU you don't have clear rear vision like in the JT as it sits on top, but the JLU looks better than a man bun when you have the rear windows out. You do still have a man bun in the JLU with it in the sunrider position. You don't see the man bun in either while driving though.
LOL. :CWL::surprised::LOL:

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Totally agree on the soft top design and how it looks. I have had two wranglers both with soft tops, CJ and JKU and they were great and stayed on the jeep or off 90% of the time. When I folded a soft top back at the dealership and saw how it sits up top I was confused and climbed in the bed and start trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Couldn't figure out why it was sitting up on top of the Jeep. Then sells man came out and said that's how they ride and I was like wow, that's freakin crazy. I got a soft top with mine and a HardTop and if my wife would let me sell the soft top it would of already been gone but she thinks I'll want to put it on eventually. I'd rather be caught in a down pour and get soaked than ride around with that thing on my jeep. That's the worst designed soft top jeep ever made and the design team should be fired for it

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Wow the amount of haters on the soft top! Did everyone really NOT realize what they were buying when they spent 40-60k?

Seems like many really want a sky one touch power top:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoblog.com/amp/2020/03/10/jeep-wrangler-sky-one-touch-power-top/

but not available for the JT (but should be)….
But then y’all would be complaining about the price.

since everyone here is talking such crap about the engineers, how would you design the soft top? Would it fold back and block the back window? If so people would complain like they do about the JL options. Would it somehow fold to the bed? If so people would complain that the bed was taken up and why have a truck, just to fold the top back into?

I personally put the top back for the experience. It’s quick, it’s easy (5 seconds, two latches). I don’t care what others think. Plenty of people hate the look of the JT in the first place. You can drive down the interstate with it at 75. Are you really that self conscious of the man bun? I guarantee, when others look at your JT with the top back they say, dang what a nice jeep. They don’t think about your man bun.

but, if you point out the man bun, they might agree with you. It’s no different than a small stain on your shirt that no one notices, or that booger in your nose no one sees.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Best option? Hardtop with Bestop Sunrider. Should be a Jeep option. Easy to open and close. Also easy to take off with the hardtop for topless days. Pricey but worth it. Bought mine from Northridge 4x4. Also, btw, amazing customer service if needed.
I don’t have a soft top, at least not for the JT, but I agree 100% about the Sunrider. It’s a game-changer. Open or closed at a traffic light (or even while driving 20 mph) in 5 seconds. Looks good (in a Jeepy kind of way) whether open or closed.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I love my soft top, doesn't look the best, but it works and is easy to work. Sunrider isn't an option because of the back row. I will say the design does start to cause a decent amount of flapping at 70+MPH, to the point where it concerned me a little

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
The Sunrider for Hardtop is legit. We were fortunate enough to receive one from Bestop in December 2018 in exchange for a review. A few people have reported leaks, or other minor issues, but we have not experienced any of that. I just sold my JLU Sahara to prepare for my JT arrival. I ordered my JLU with the dual top package, but sold it with only the hardtop. I moved the softtop to the wife’s JLU Sahara for the summer. I ordered the dual top package for my JT, but may run the Sunrider in the months I don’t run the softtop.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I don’t have a soft top, at least not for the JT, but I agree 100% about the Sunrider. It’s a game-changer. Open or closed at a traffic light (or even while driving 20 mph) in 5 seconds. Looks good (in a Jeepy kind of way) whether open or closed.
I never understood this. You don't like the factory soft top, so you went and bought a smaller version of the exact same thing? Those half-sunriders are damn convenient, yes, but aesthetically they look just as goofy when they're open. Exact same argument that you're making against the factory soft top.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
The hardtop would be so much better as a 4 piece IMO. Have the back window be separate and the roof section over the back seats a separate piece. Easier, lighter, and better to store.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
The Sunrider for Hardtop is legit. We were fortunate enough to receive one from Bestop in December 2018 in exchange for a review. A few people have reported leaks, or other minor issues, but we have not experienced any of that. I just sold my JLU Sahara to prepare for my JT arrival. I ordered my JLU with the dual top package, but sold it with only the hardtop. I moved the softtop to the wife’s JLU Sahara for the summer. I ordered the dual top package for my JT, but may run the Sunrider in the months I don’t run the softtop.
well hell, how do I get in on these deals?
Sponsored