Sponsored

Please tell me there's other soft top options

bk030

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Nope. I haven't either. I hope this isn't vaporware.
I requested info as well and haven't heard back. These tops remind me of the California Top brand that were made in Canada years ago. These tops are exactly the same design as those. The communication was horrible. They then became a company called Hero Tops. The guys name was Tim Taylor or something like that. The lead times for delivery were horrible. I had one for my first JK. The quality was great. I get a funny feeling this is the same company. I don't know for a fact, but if anyone can find pictures of the previous companies products they will see what I mean.
Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I came from a JTUR with both tops of which I bought the jeep in May (here in Michigan back in 2010). Removed the hard top 10 days after getting it (weather was nice) and never installed the hard top again. Ended up selling it as trying to store it sucked.
Switch to Oct 2020 when I got my JT with premium soft top. Night and day difference in quietness etc. I was shocked how quiet this top is compared to the JKUR soft top (base vinyl).

Yeah, the man bun looks like of crappy, but 4 bolts and the whole thing is off and can be stored in the bed under my tonneau cover or left in the garage. I like the fact it takes 30 seconds to fold back to go topless.
Maybe because I have a roll bar, the "man bun" is kind of non existent for me

My ultimate goal is to get a soft top in tan if anyone ever does it.

Jeep Gladiator Please tell me there's other soft top options top back 4

10ecHarry

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
Plumber
I think some people are looking at it wrong. It's definitely a thing that grows on you, but the Gladiator is, at its very core, a pretty ugly truck... Like, really ugly. Way too upright on the sides, disproportionate cab/bed. The design aesthetic pretty much falls apart aft of the C-pillars... It is in good company with the VW bus, Fiat Multipla, Unimog, and a score of other very ugly vehicles. Unlike the Pontiac Aztek, another ugly machine, these vehicles are ugly for a reason. Part of it is design exercise (which is not a good thing), but enough of it is practicality and function to make the ugliness justified. Justifiable ugly is endearing. A good thing. It just takes some time to grow on you. Give the top some time, and it'll mature into something... tolerable. Certainly not aesthetically pleasing, but you'll get used to it. Then you'll come to appreciate it for its function. Then you'll come to enjoy the look, and there will be t-shirts and stickers featuring the silhouette of a man-bun sporting JT. It's just a matter of time.
My JT is beautiful..

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
My JT is beautiful..
Yes, I think JTs are sexy. They are beautiful trucks to me. In my opinion, they are the best looking trucks on the market. Sometimes I just like to look out the window at mine haha

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
To me the man bun not only looks awful but also acts as a tiny drag chute.

Sponsored

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Best option? Hardtop with Bestop Sunrider. Should be a Jeep option. Easy to open and close. Also easy to take off with the hardtop for topless days. Pricey but worth it. Bought mine from Northridge 4x4. Also, btw, amazing customer service if needed.
Just added the BestTop sunrider to my rig and love it!

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Steel plant
I came from a JTUR with both tops of which I bought the jeep in May (here in Michigan back in 2010). Removed the hard top 10 days after getting it (weather was nice) and never installed the hard top again. Ended up selling it as trying to store it sucked.
Switch to Oct 2020 when I got my JT with premium soft top. Night and day difference in quietness etc. I was shocked how quiet this top is compared to the JKUR soft top (base vinyl).

Yeah, the man bun looks like of crappy, but 4 bolts and the whole thing is off and can be stored in the bed under my tonneau cover or left in the garage. I like the fact it takes 30 seconds to fold back to go topless.
Maybe because I have a roll bar, the "man bun" is kind of non existent for me

My ultimate goal is to get a soft top in tan if anyone ever does it.

Jeep Gladiator Please tell me there's other soft top options top back 4
Even from the JK to JL standard soft tops is night and day for noise! Ordered my JT with soft top only (hopefully one day it shows up) like my JL because even with how easy it was to flip back and all the way down I still kept it up like a sun top

can’t wait for our boarders to open and wheel in Michigan, I miss Drummond so bad
Jeep Gladiator Please tell me there's other soft top options 88EABA8C-9856-4CE8-AE19-7C6B4FCCD6A5

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon
Even from the JK to JL standard soft tops is night and day for noise! Ordered my JT with soft top only (hopefully one day it shows up) like my JL because even with how easy it was to flip back and all the way down I still kept it up like a sun top

can’t wait for our boarders to open and wheel in Michigan, I miss Drummond so bad
Jeep Gladiator Please tell me there's other soft top options 88EABA8C-9856-4CE8-AE19-7C6B4FCCD6A5
I love Mojitos!

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Awesome looking rig!!!!

Sponsored

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I requested info as well and haven't heard back. These tops remind me of the California Top brand that were made in Canada years ago. These tops are exactly the same design as those. The communication was horrible. They then became a company called Hero Tops. The guys name was Tim Taylor or something like that. The lead times for delivery were horrible. I had one for my first JK. The quality was great. I get a funny feeling this is the same company. I don't know for a fact, but if anyone can find pictures of the previous companies products they will see what I mean.
I thought the same thing but these seem to be made overseas and I swore those were out of Texas but you might be right with Canada. Their communication sucked but I remember people being happy with the product.

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI I just ordered a Suntop. Pricing was a little more that I initially thought but I decided to be a Guinea Pig and take the plunge. It was this or another bikini top as I'm not a fan of the factory top. I was told it will ship here early next month. I'll update the group.

bk030

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
FYI I just ordered a Suntop. Pricing was a little more that I initially thought but I decided to be a Guinea Pig and take the plunge. It was this or another bikini top as I'm not a fan of the factory top. I was told it will ship here early next month. I'll update the group.
Where did you order it from? I didn't see anything on their site or links to their vendors. Are we talking factory soft top pricing? Any info would be great.

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where did you order it from? I didn't see anything on their site or links to their vendors. Are we talking factory soft top pricing? Any info would be great.
I contacted the email on their Suntop USA page and was told they have some getting here early next month. It was $965 + shipping. I honestly should ask them if I could pick it up since it appears I live less than 15 miles from them (via their online map)

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
I contacted the email on their Suntop USA page and was told they have some getting here early next month. It was $965 + shipping. I honestly should ask them if I could pick it up since it appears I live less than 15 miles from them (via their online map)
Ryan emailed me I could preorder soon Friday and to keep an eye out.... that’s disappointing I told him as soon as I can order I’ll order
Sponsored