Sponsored

Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
After looking around a lot, I found the PSC Rocker Knockers to match my main 2 wants of steps and frame mounted. These were especially appealing to me because the steps are nice and low for the wife and kids, but quickly removable before going out on the trail.

The construction and finish on these is really nice, the included hardware though sucks and the install is a real pain in the ass. It took me a solid 8 hours to install these mostly because it was a real learning process with not a lot of reviews or even a single JT install anywhere. Hopefully I can at least help anyone else out that goes down this road to make it a bit easier.

Tools Needed:
Torque Wrench up to 80ftlbs
16mm socket -- 2 body isolator nuts
18mm socket -- Front cross member and both middle body bolts
9/16 socket -- All the PSC frame bolts
Stepped drill bit up to 1/2 inch
Open-ended 9/16th wrench to snug the 2 front bolts
Anti-seize for body mounts

Pre-Install Steps to make your life easier:
1) Go to Ace Hardware (or equivalent) and buy 12 3/8x1.5inch grade 8 all thread bolts and associated washers. The PSC Hardware in mine was the wrong pitch and basically just tore to shreds the nuts if you tried to use them.
2) Paint the inserts now if you want to paint them (red plasti-dip is actually extremely close to firecracker red fyi). Once bolted in you wont be able to easily remove with out removing the sliders themselves.
3) Unless you love the pinch weld look, paint or wrap it, its very visible with these sliders.

Install Tips and Hints:
1) The front cross member will not come off with just those 2 bolts, dont remove the cross member just unbolt the one on each side and push down to sandwhich the slider.
2) After mounting the first time for the holes, make sure you really mark the center of each hole, there is not a lot of slack in these
3) Ignore the instructions to drill to 7/16 and just go to 1/2 inch. The little bit of extra space makes all the difference and the hole is still much smaller than the bolt head.
4) While you have your 1/2 inch drill bit out, drill out the front 2 and rear 2 holes on the psc sliders to 1/2 inch as well. For whatever reason they made the middle 2 holes 1/2 inch, but the front and rear 7/16. That 1/16 combined with the 1/16 from above and the better grade 8 bolts turns mounting in to a 15 minute job instead of an hour.
5) Use locking vice grips to hold the end tab of the nut plates. Better leverage and easier to align.
6) If you use a dewalt 90* impact driver attatchment with a stubby 1/4 inch drive 9/16th socket you can actually use the impact driver to tighten the 2 bolts in the front on each side Dewalt 90* Impact Driver Attatchment

Pictures of Steps attatched will be posted after I get them on this afternoon.

Jeep Gladiator Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers 1641854802013

Jeep Gladiator Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers 1641854922800

Jeep Gladiator Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers 1641854950723
Sponsored

Last edited:

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
They look great and nice job on the write. That will definitely help someone out in the future.

cotnballs2000

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, past- USAF vehicle mechanic
Had PSC rocker nickers on my JKU and love them. Theses are on the list!

Sempe-Fi Rubicon

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR - 2018 BMW 430i
Occupation
Retired
Do you know the height of the step from the ground? Looking for easier access for my 5 ft wife lol. My Nfabs measure 21.5 inches from ground to the footpad of the step. I really like that your steps are removable, that is a huge plus.

OP
OP
bleda2002

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Do you know the height of the step from the ground? Looking for easier access for my 5 ft wife lol. My Nfabs measure 21.5 inches from ground to the footpad of the step. I really like that your steps are removable, that is a huge plus.
I ran out and measured. The bottom of my pinch seam by the front tire is 23”, the step in the "higher clearance orientation" is about 20.5 inches or 2.5 inches below the pinch seam. On the lower step mode it drops about an 1-1.5 inches.

Should be able to figure out how high it is for you by comparing your pinch seam measurement to mine.

My mother is 4'10" and has no issues with it, nor my 6 year old daughter so it probably will work for your wife.
Sponsored

Last edited: