JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Please review when able!
I was going to wait a bit before I gave my thoughts on the Magnuson Supercharger and to let Pettys garage address any little issues that may have come up.
Well I did have driveability issues from the get go. Got in touch with Pettys as they are doing the tuning for it and got one revised tune back from them which did not help and talked to them about some of the issues again and was mentioned that the current tune is set to stock configuration. I have 37's with 4.88 gears. They said they would get in touch with Magnuson and verify some changes they wanted to make for the aftermarket parts. That was just about a week ago and nothing, not a word. So I assume that avenue has dried up.
Issues are the light switch feel from a start and when you slow down and take back off without stopping completely, dead pedal then POW! away you go. Issues with it not wanting to go into 8th gear and hold. Going down the interstate at 77 mph, it will finally go into 8th and then any little load or maybe even just for the hell of it it will drop out of 8th. Then maybe go back in or just stay in 7th.
Now at 60 mph and any headwind just forget 8th gear. It hunts between 6, 7 and 8th so bad it pisses you off. It will go up to 7th, then maybe 8th, right back into 7th and sometimes even drop into 6th then right away into 7th. Back and forth and back and forth.
It is actually to the point I hate it. It drove better without the supercharger and held 8th better in stock form.
I am working with someone that understands programming much better than me and I am sure he will be able to get it, but as of now and if he can't I may just yank it off and go back to stock. Oh, plus I have lost about 3 mpg since installing it and that is not because of hot rodding it just everyday driving.

I had a Spintex on my 2007 JKU that was a problem and when these came out and hearing the good responses about it. Plus thinking that everything has come along so much I thought I would give it a try, kind of wish I hadn't.

I will come back to this and update it. Either way, good or bad. So it does not become an open post and others can use it in there decision making.

Going to move this to the Magnuson thread, more where it belongs.

Last edited:

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
I’m sorry to hear about this ongoing stuff. I’d be willing to bet the Magnuson guys are aware of all this and they’re a captive audience here.

So many manufacturers of things these days are way behind on getting questions answered...so hang in there!!
Sponsored